Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Who Cares How Late You Are

Sadly we picked the wrong head coach yet again. Well maybe he will figure it out next season hopefully!

I think this is the fastest I've ever seen this fan base bail on a coach.

I haven't given up on Patricia yet. I don't care that he is late for media sessions. He obviously doesn't like the media.

He does have a short lease in my mind for this next season. Key injuries played a big part of this season. Jones, Johnson, Lang and Ansah come to my mind as key guys who missed a lot of time. But his decision making must improve. The decision to keep JBC is a red flag.

I haven't given up on Patricia yet. I don't care that he is late for media sessions. He obviously doesn't like the media.

He does have a short lease in my mind for this next season. Key injuries played a big part of this season. Jones, Johnson, Lang and Ansah come to my mind as key guys who missed a lot of time. But his decision making must improve. The decision to keep JBC is a red flag.

from the article: "Patricia's lack of punctuality also has been an issue in team meetings this year, where one former player said the coach was consistently late during his time with the Lions."

This guy is a tool. He wants to create a new "culture". It appears that the new culture is looking like a homeless person, belittling people that don't sit up straight at press conferences, being late to press conferences, being late to team meetings.

:cheers:

I think there question during the press conference about being late was probably because of the article that came out. His answer to the question wasn't very good. You can't expect your team to be disciplined if you're not even showing up to team meetings on time.

To sgg about bailing on a coach, I have given a coach 3-4 years to see what they can do. With Patricia I have seen enough after 1 year to say it's time to cut bait.

Slow the fuck down. Who said this again? A "former Lions player", right? Abdullah or Tate maybe? Oh wait...we don't know because that coward wants to remain anonymous lol. Of course they do!!! Wtf else is new?!?! This story is a non-story in my eyes...

Slow the fuck down. Who said this again? A "former Lions player", right? Abdullah or Tate maybe? Oh wait...we don't know because that coward wants to remain anonymous lol. Of course they do!!! Wtf else is new?!?! This story is a non-story in my eyes...

Probably neither, I think a lot of times reporters just make stuff up for ratings and use the whole anonymous source crap knowing they'll never have to say who it was. There is no honesty in journalism anymore it's all fake

It matters with him because HE was the one that brought up posture with the media. Once you call out a group for not being professional, the entire door is open to be criticized.

So yeah, when you look like a slob and you represent an NFL organization after making those remarks, tough shit. You'll get the heat.

I think the media is part and parcel of the anti-Patricia anger from fans.
Many of the regular hacks from Mlive, Freep, Detnews, and espn started rather early in questioning alot of Patricia's media speak, 'spring training' and longer workouts.

This is what he learned with so many years with New England with success.
What Lion's coach in recent memory have any media or fans witnessed to do anything with any kind of yearly success? Not talking about 9 and 7 seasons as a success.

They didn't like MP's attitude with them, and just like with a player in any of the 4 major sports they can 'crucify' a player and a coach/manager and get the fan base to take it further for them...with that said who reading this here would look forward to the media meeting as a coach knowing so many have put a bulls eye on him?

So a new coach doesn't win 11/12 or more games for any reason, his rookie coach mistakes, players don't buy in, injuries to way too many starters on Offense and Defense,
trades of key/safety valve players which changes up an already flawed offensive plan,

I surely don't know as much as you guys who can watch every game if you so desire, and see plays that are known before the ball is snapped, but from all
I have read and posted on this season starting in August, all the above seemed to start early on and they never stopped ripping him.
It just seems like an in season and end of season venting of rinse wash and repeat due to another wasted season.

and along with Patricia, the Matt Stafford GTFOH group is louder than the past several seasons, all his stats are down, he is to blame, who he has around him with so many of the starters on IR, the players traded, players from practice squad or last of the 53 man roster now starting or backups, like some of you say, maybe 3 or 4 QB's in the entire nfl could still have success with all that.

It doesn't make fiscal sense to get rid of Stafford, maybe if he regresses for another year or two with a healthier and improved team through draft and FA's then sure,
and they aren't dumping Patricia after 1 year no matter how much anyone puts more blame on him than he does deserve.

Bottom line for me is I've seen SB teams that had worse defenses than we ever had. Teams that had bad OL and no run game. As far as Patricia my first blame goes to Quinn. Every year there's teams that turn around and become good. This season alone, 7 playoff teams misses it last year. Yet we still stay status crap. Unless they're doing it on purpose or there really is a curse I don't understand it..

so what day does the off season workout program begin for the Lions?

Last edited:
If any new leader of a company came in and had a 45% reduction in success there are going to be questions.

Last edited:
probably neither, i think a lot of times reporters just make stuff up for ratings and use the whole anonymous source crap knowing they'll never have to say who it was. There is no honesty in journalism anymore it's all fake

100%

Probably neither, I think a lot of times reporters just make stuff up for ratings and use the whole anonymous source crap knowing they'll never have to say who it was. There is no honesty in journalism anymore it's all fake

Eh, that's so beyond ridiculous. What in the holy hell did these coaches do to get everyone's respect, and then the media is the one that takes the scorn from fans? Does Patricia have pictures of people's wives/husbands or something?

The whole "journalism is fake and lazy" is such a bad take. Tell that to the guys that wait for hours for this goober to say nothing. There are a ton of good journalists who write a ton of good shit. Go read any article from The Atlantic and say, "These guys are just making stuff up." Those pieces are some of the most well-thought out, articulate pieces anyone can read. But yeah, let's side with Patricia and the people in popular culture. Come on.

Last edited:
We need journalists who can look at game tape and ask good questions about what happened.

Back