Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Who Should the Pistons Amnesty

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Gordon is shooting 41% from the field.. Not too shabby considering he has a rookie point guard getting him the ball. Gordon averages more assists per game than our pg. Tell me how that helps a shooting guard get into a rhythm?

True. Also, it's probably hard for him to maneuver around the court with his dick in your mouth.

I keed I keed

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Gordon is shooting 41% from the field.. Not too shabby considering he has a rookie point guard getting him the ball. Gordon averages more assists per game than our pg. Tell me how that helps a shooting guard get into a rhythm?

First of all, 41% from the field is terrible. Weirdly, he is 43% from 3, meaning he is actually UNDER 40% from inside the arc. 43% from 3 is very good, too bad he takes the vast majority of his shots inside the arc, and misses far too many of them. But those are all just numbers, the important part is what they mean. What they mean is that Gordon has no ability to create his own shot anymore. When he isn't spotting up on the perimeter, he is missing contested mid-range jumpers (where the defense is set) or getting stoned around the basket (because he can't beat his man).

Moreover, he continues to be an atrocious defender. We put him on PGs because he has no chance against SGs (which additionally screws up our SG defense with Knight or Stuckey there), but doesn't guard PGs well either. He's poor at rotating, not athletic enough to stay in front of anyone, and just plain doesn't give much effort.

So put those together. You get an inefficient (TS of 52% is below league average and looks worse given his shot totals) scorer who can't drive, can't create quality looks, and who can't play defense. Nothing about anything that Gordon does is worth even the MLE, much less 12 million a year.

everyoneneedsasmil said:
[color=#551A8B said:

First of all, 41% from the field is terrible. Weirdly, he is 43% from 3, meaning he is actually UNDER 40% from inside the arc. 43% from 3 is very good, too bad he takes the vast majority of his shots inside the arc, and misses far too many of them. But those are all just numbers, the important part is what they mean. What they mean is that Gordon has no ability to create his own shot anymore. When he isn't spotting up on the perimeter, he is missing contested mid-range jumpers (where the defense is set) or getting stoned around the basket (because he can't beat his man).

Moreover, he continues to be an atrocious defender. We put him on PGs because he has no chance against SGs (which additionally screws up our SG defense with Knight or Stuckey there), but doesn't guard PGs well either. He's poor at rotating, not athletic enough to stay in front of anyone, and just plain doesn't give much effort.

So put those together. You get an inefficient (TS of 52% is below league average and looks worse given his shot totals) scorer who can't drive, can't create quality looks, and who can't play defense. Nothing about anything that Gordon does is worth even the MLE, much less 12 million a year.

I didn't read all of this because I just don't give a fuck. So, I'll leave you with this and that is it.. Like I said 41% is not bad for a sg with a pg who has under 4 assists a game. It's a lot easier to catch and shoot than create and shoot. Rhythm has everything to do with a sg's performance. CV is completely worthless, he fails in every aspect of the game. Therefor CV should be shot and killed.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
everyoneneedsasmil said:

I didn't read all of this because I just don't give a fuck. So, I'll leave you with this and that is it.. Like I said 41% is not bad for a sg with a pg who has under 4 assists a game. It's a lot easier to catch and shoot than create and shoot. Rhythm has everything to do with a sg's performance. CV is completely worthless, he fails in every aspect of the game. Therefor CV should be shot and killed.

Have an opinion, but you're wrong here. 41% is terrible under all circumstances. We're talking "rookie that can't shoot but keeps throwing up everything anyway" bad. The only way 41% isn't terrible is if you are a rookie being asked to carry an entire team, and even then it's not good. Gordon is supposedly a scorer (he doesn't do anything else) so 41% is ridiculously bad.

CV sucks too, don't get me wrong. But, if we're comparing one guy with no useful skills at 12 million, and another at 8 million, the 12 million guy is the bigger problem.

Everyone is right.. 41% is bad for a scorer, regardless if there is a true PG or not.. Even with that said, I'd take BG over CV..

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Kobe's at 45% he's slightly above terrible I suppose.

Kobe has been right around league average efficiency in his career. Of course, he also takes almost 3 times as many shots as BG, and efficiency tends to go down when teams know to defend you. BG has terrible efficiency even when opposing teams don't pay a lot of attention to him.

But you're missing the point. 4% is a significant difference in a wing. If it was a PF/C shooting 45%, that would still be terrible, because of where they get the ball.

Back