Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Whoah ESPN board

Hungry said:
newton83 said:
Speaking as someone who lurks more than posts, I agree 100%. A good chunk of people appreciate the summaries and news updates but don't necessarily have the time to carve out their own niche and rack up thousands of posts...

Yet you have more than 5 posts, so you'd be ok

I don't think its too hard to get 5 posts...

Wow you're right. That was easy.

Sheesh, I'm trying to log in over there now, just to see what it looks like, and it's taking forever...

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]Sheesh, I'm trying to log in over there now, just to see what it looks like, and it's taking forever...

Robust in action!!!!!

doinwork83 said:
Monster, dont delete the lurkers, as former lurker myself, i came to the boards to get team news from KC's threads, recruting info, trade news, etc,.... Not all lurkers are bad....

I agree. I am more of a lurker than poster and i go to sea for half the year. I enjoy the message boards for the news as much as the interaction.

I was never a lurker on espn but Ive been lurking here a bit because honestly I am having a hard figuring out how this board works--like how to post a pic....

Do you have to use a website like photobucket or something? Attachements....Im lost.

On the ESPY board I would post maybe 10x/year. Seriously, I work upwards of 16 hours a day and I generally only post when moved to do so. I check in everyday or two to get the latest news and rumors about U of M athletics. If the mood strikes and I'm not dead tired, I post. More often than not the threads that interest me are already 2 or more pages deep and any contribution seems redundant to what someone else already pointed out. I lurk therefore I am.

doinwork83 said:
Monster, dont delete the lurkers, as former lurker myself, i came to the boards to get team news from KC's threads, recruting info, trade news, etc,.... Not all lurkers are bad....

100% correct. Why would you delete people who come here to read what you have to say? I was a lurker and occasional poster on the ESPN boards, and sometimes it's just nice to read if you don't have something to say for yourself. Tar and feather the trolls, but leave the lurkers be, because someday those lurkers may be the difference between this board blowing up or dying a slow death.

You drive that in Ohio? Awesome...... How many times have you been the victim of road rage, the finger, vandalism?

Yea, I agree too about not getting rid of "lurkers." I have been following the message boards for several years, and only post when I really want to say something. This is where I go for the majority of what is going on in the world of sports for the teams that matter to me. I like it because it is biased to what I care about, and I mostly avoid newspapers and things like that bc I like reading what everyone has to say.

doinwork83 said:
You drive that in Ohio? Awesome...... How many times have you been the victim of road rage, the finger, vandalism?

He is lucky if he doesn't get screwed with, because we live in the same town and bc my license plate says go blue, I have been the victim of people fucking with my car on more than one occasion. I hate them bastards so much....

shoot, i forgot that i posted that. I regretted it almost immediately when i posted it and I forgot about it.

LURKERS: I will not be removing anyone's profiles, but I do ask that you post something every once in a while. Am I asking for 10-20 posts like regulars do around here? no. I am asking that you post once or twice a week if you can. If you have time to look through all of the threads, you should have enough time to post a few sentences per week. I do not make any money from this site and admittedly there are days where I don't post at all, but I want this board to stay strong and the only way that happens is if people pitch in, adding their input and/or asking questions and/or sharing information.

I noticed on the robustness that they zapped the thread titled "new link please".

Back