Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Why doesn't the Kentucky Derby thread show up anywhere??

Seems its in the club forum whatever that is and it requires people to join..

Things are tinkered with as they need to be, there's no conspiracy to change everything "without your knowledge" to change DSF, just common sense ideas.
Common sense to hide it and make it confusing to find, which is the way this new forum has turned out for all of us who were here before doesn't make sense to any of the original posters. But we are supposed to adapt for the new people, yeah righttttt. That is why every day I am online there are never more than one or two posters with me. The new format has turned off damn near everyone here. You guys will never admit to any errors in judgement.

Common sense to hide it and make it confusing to find, which is the way this new forum has turned out for all of us who were here before doesn't make sense to any of the original posters. But we are supposed to adapt for the new people, yeah righttttt. That is why every day I am online there are never more than one or two posters with me. The new format has turned off damn near everyone here. You guys will never admit to any errors in judgement.
...yeah...it's not attitudes like this turning people off, you're right.

This place is moribund and there is no way around it, but continue to blame us for our attitude to the changes we had to find out about after the fact.

This place is moribund and there is no way around it, but continue to blame us for our attitude to the changes we had to find out about after the fact.
We can go ahead and continue this in the staff forum, but for 90% of the people here, the changes have been fine :)

We can go ahead and continue this in the staff forum, but for 90% of the people here, the changes have been fine :)
I'm done here, all I know is 90 percent of the posters who were here for years daily and now they are not, and the new changes are the reason.

I understand where you’re coming from, but if you aren’t going to move forward on it, how are we supposed to proceed? I mean, what’s your end game to griping about this in our public Press Releases forum, which is meant for the staff team to post official announcements, as the forum description clearly states?

As I’ve stated a million times, the software upgrade was unavoidable…. I understand you don’t comprehend that aspect of it, but that’s how PHP works, my guy.

The layout of all of the forums didn’t have to be changed, but that’s the decision that we made, to try and broaden our audience. I’ve seen positive feedback about it. I’ve seen negative feedback about it. It’s not 100% bad, like you portray it to be.

90 percent of the people who used to post here have not made the transition to the new forum. The engagement has dwindled to a trickle from my chair. I wonder if there are any metrics on the back end that would validate this claim or disqualify it.

90 percent of the people who used to post here have not made the transition to the new forum. The engagement has dwindled to a trickle from my chair. I wonder if there are any metrics on the back end that would validate this claim or disqualify it.
The politics board is dead since early April. The biggest complaint is/was how these changes were done on the sly,
not even the moderators were told.

The politics board is dead since early April. The biggest complaint is/was how these changes were done on the sly,
not even the moderators were told.

“These changes”

The only thing you weren’t told about was the change to the layout of the forums, as you continue to reiterate, yet you don’t even address the response I gave above.

You were most definitely told about the software changes.

Referring to the change in software as a whole, I don’t disagree with that. We had to upgrade our software though, whether that was to use XenForo, Invision, or an updated version of vBulletin. The change was unavoidable.

It is what it is. I hope some of the regs return.

Same. I really look forward to football season starting up again. The game threads were popping each week. The baseball game threads here have been doing pretty well as well, but it's a little bit harder for me to participate in that.

Back