Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wings @ Ducks Game 1

elrod817

All knotted up after one. Each team scoring on the power play. Anaheim strikes first, but Cleary knots it up with his 21st career playoff goal. Despite the goal given up, I think Howard's looked solid tonight so far....

You can blame me for the loss. I've watched maybe 5 games in their entirety, in all 5 of those games a defenseman has gone full retard and dumped the puck into the stands. It was bound to happen.

God I give Kindal praise for his season and he reverts back to last years idiot form.. Still we had our chances to get some goals and we just whiffed close to the net... Perry is a freaking tool.. That skate to the head of Howard was totally intentional.. Still think we can steal a game out west but we have to have more energy for the whole game.. It may be time to give Todd B. a chance

We really do need a enforcer though... We can't allow Perry and the other Quack forwards to get away with stuff..

Stupid west coast start times...made it to first intermission and not much further. We'll get 'em Thursday.

It's Game 3 that is the fulcrum if the Ducks are 2-0, and Game 4 if the series is 1-1.

Yeah, these late games are the sole reason I'm happy about the change in divisions.

I thought the Wings played well but there are way too many missd opportunities with this team. It is like they lack the Killer Instinct or something the way they seem to always miss open net opportunities. Get the goalie moving and they lose control of the puck. Goalie is out of position, shoot wide of goal. Clear shot on goal, hold onto puck until defense can get in position to block the shot.

This year though, just happy they squeaked into the playoffs. A single win vs Ducks would be a bonus, I think. This team just does not have that feel or look of a Champion.

We really do need a enforcer though... We can't allow Perry and the other Quack forwards to get away with stuff..

I really don't think that was intentional. I think he was trying to squeeze through the space when he drove to the net. Don't get me wrong i think Perry plays dirty a lot but i don't think it was intentional there. As far as the enforcer goes most teams that have enforcers do not dress them in the playoffs and scores are usually settled in the next regular season. The Wings have several players that have fought and beat Perry already on the roster, Ericsson, Abdelkader and Datsyuk (haha) also Smith and Tootoo would murder Perry in a fight so the wings are fine there.

As far as the game last night Kindl's penalty sucked but that stuff will happen when you cant get the puck out of your own end. What the game really came down too was Hiller made one more great stop than Howard did. Wings had great chances but just couldn't convert them, not Kindl's fault the Wings only scored one goal.

Back