Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Winter Classic coming to Detroit next year

TitustheYoung said:
Do you think this has any impact on Lidstrom's upcoming decision? I wonder if this might draw him back for at least one more. Gotta hope, right?

I mean we can hope, but frankly i dont think this will have anything to do with his decision. IMO it will be more based on his level of play, which has remained at a ridiculously high level and if (knock on wood) the wings can win the cup this year. He has already played in a winter classic, even though it was not at home, and accomplished pretty much everything you can in a career so i think its more of a pride thing for him as well as what he wants to do with his family.

Back