Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Winter Solstice Thread

Two inches of snow in NC. I think I saw a Mastadon and a Sabre-Toothed Tiger this morning when I took my dog outside.

Two inches of snow in NC. I think I saw a Mastadon and a Sabre-Toothed Tiger this morning when I took my dog outside.

Had to put the little portable, plastic greenhouse up over the garden.

did you guys see the video of that climate change denier try to attack the Weather Channel's Jim Cantore on live TV and get a knee to the ballsack from Cantore in return?

did you guys see the video of that climate change denier try to attack the Weather Channel's Jim Cantore on live TV and get a knee to the ballsack from Cantore in return?

I don't see anything in the video that confirms he's a climate change denier, or a climate change affirmer, or anything else other than he's a doofus who justifiably got kneed in the groin while apparently in the act of commiting assault.

What am I missing?

Looks to me like the guy was just one of those asshats that like to run up and make faces on a live TV camera so their lives will at least have a high point. I have seen some YouTube vids where it's pretty common in the UK, and the reporters there just pretend like the offenders are not there.

I don't see anything in the video that confirms he's a climate change denier, or a climate change affirmer, or anything else other than he's a doofus who justifiably got kneed in the groin while apparently in the act of commiting assault.

What am I missing?

I will lay out my reasoning here:

• He is an idiot.
  • Climate change deniers are idiots.
  • Therefore, he was a climate change denier.
Ironclad, no?

I will lay out my reasoning here:

• He is an idiot.
  • Climate change deniers are idiots.
  • Therefore, he was a climate change denier.
Ironclad, no?

Just like, an elephant is an animal.

A mouse is an animal.

Therefore, elephants are mice, but also, mice are elephants too.

Ironclad like that?

Also, is there really such a thing as a climate change "denier?"

Does anybody really deny climate change?

I hear people who claim that it's inconclusive that climate change/global warming is a product of human behavior, but I never hear anyone say that it isn't happening.

I should say that I hear people say these things on television or on the radio; I never get into discussions about stuff like all this with people that I encounter in my daily activities.

Back