Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

With the 3rd pick in the draft and Chase Young off the board...

The Detroit Lions Select?

• Tua...rebuilding since 1957

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Jeudy...I know its a running Joke but we havent taken a WR in rd1 since 2007.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jeff Okudah CB across from Slay finally?

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Andrew Thomas OT Wagner probably needs to go...Decker might too.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Derrick Brown DT..upgrade for Hand

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Trade Down

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

mhughes0021

The Lions Select!...

Needs:
WR - Marvin may be gone.
OL - Wagner could be a cap casualty.
CB - Slay could be trade bait for not fitting in to the Patricia way. Either way we need someone across from him.
QB - Tua...Patricia/Quin may want a built in excuse as to why they dont win.
Dline - Does Snacks retire?
Pass Rush/LB - We have none.

Things we probably dont need. TE, RB, C, S.

Last edited:
Okudah. If we can't rush the passer, might as well get someone who can cover. This defense needs a lot of help, but this has been a need for... ever. He's an elite talent, and I'd rather take a blue chipper at an obvious need than reach for a player who isn't in the same tier (whoever DE 2 happens to be).

Okudah. If we can't rush the passer, might as well get someone who can cover. This defense needs a lot of help, but this has been a need for... ever. He's an elite talent, and I'd rather take a blue chipper at an obvious need than reach for a player who isn't in the same tier (whoever DE 2 happens to be).

Im trading down ...as you eluded to....we need ALOT of help. Okudah would be a nice consolation prize though. I like him a lot.

Im trading down ...as you eluded to....we need ALOT of help. Okudah would be a nice consolation prize though. I like him a lot.

It's not a bad idea, I just worry the team will be stuck with another reach or a clearly inferior prospect. Like we trade down a few spots but then still reach on DE 2. Or suddenly we are starting down the barrel of Jeudy and Lamb and no one wants to trade up for them.

Dream would be to trade down with Miami for #5 and the Texans pick (25ish depending on how the playoffs go). Then selecting Okudah at #5 and then Best available at the Texans pick.

But we will probably stay at #3 and take Derrick Brown or something.

Last edited:
Trade Slay and our 1st pick to get Chase Young

The guy disappeared in his 3 biggest games. 8 tackles and ZERO sacks. All of his stats came against mac teams or big ten bottom feeders. I'm not so sure hes worth the 3rd pick let alone trading up a spot to get him. Besides this team is more than 1 player away.

Last edited:
The guy disappeared in his 3 biggest games. 8 tackles and ZERO sacks. All of his stats came against mac teams or big ten bottom feeders. I'm not so sure hes worth the 3rd pick let alone trading up a spot to get him. Besides this team is more than 1 player away.

He had 7 sacks and 3 forced fumbles in the two regular season games vs. Wisconsin and Penn St. His 3 vs PSU and 4 vs Wisky were more than any other individual game vs. the "bottom feeders"

Explain his last 3 games

UM was double teaming and got the ball out extremely fast...good game plan. He had at least 3 or 4 qb pressures and some hits against Clemson but just didn't get a sack...but he got good pressure despite many double teams. I don't remember the BIG 10 championship game.

Can you explain why you ignore the 7 sacks and 3 forced fumbles against PSU and Wisky?

Okudah. An elite CB is always a great value.

Although I don't think we are that far away. We need to find someone who can pressure the QB. Every game we let the opposing QB sit in the pocket and pick us apart. We made Trubisky looked like a pro bowler against us. Whether we add D-line or OLBs or change our defensive scheme i.e. blitz more, our QB pressure could have changed the entire year.

Ok, he dominated 2 games this year. PSU was one of the most sacked teams in the country by the way and he didnt get near the qb in that 2nd Wisconsin game.

He might be great, my point is he got taken out in his 3 biggest games this year in COLLEGE. You dont think that should raise a red flag?

Last edited:
Ok, he dominated 2 games this year. PSU was one of the most sacked teams in the country by the way and he didnt get near the qb in that 2nd Wisconsin game.

He might be great, my point is he got taken out in his 3 biggest games this year in COLLEGE. You dont think that should raise a red flag?

so because he didn't have a sack you think he was taken out of the game?

That does not raise a red flag for me. Is he a sure fire HOF...of course not...there is no such thing in the NFL draft. But, if he is there at 3 there will be a lot of teams that will want to trade up to get him.

I know one thing for sure...if the Lions trade back and he's on the board....he WILL turn out to be a HOF player! ;)

Okudah. An elite CB is always a great value.

Although I don't think we are that far away. We need to find someone who can pressure the QB. Every game we let the opposing QB sit in the pocket and pick us apart. We made Trubisky looked like a pro bowler against us. Whether we add D-line or OLBs or change our defensive scheme i.e. blitz more, our QB pressure could have changed the entire year.

I agree with Okudah.

I disagree with the second part. They are far away.

I agree with Okudah.

I disagree with the second part. They are far away.

We are in a very similar position to SF last year. They added a good pass rush and their record turned around. We just hung around with the #2 seed in the NFC with our 3rd string.

We are not far away.

I would consider trading down for additional picks, as this franchise has a roster that is holier than swiss cheese, with several starters already appearing to be injury-prone. But that carries big risk in trusting that their GM and HC can properly ID and target talent, and w/o reaching.

I think that it is quite possible Stafford's broken back is more whack than what the Lions' braintrust has let on, but unlike Luck, (and maybe Snacks) he won't quit the NFL b/c of his health issues. If so, then they need to obtain a much better quality backup by trade/FA or one to groom from the draft while retaining Blough for one more season on their practice squad or third string QB for use as cannon fodder. Would be surprised if Matt will remain starting QB throughout next season. Might need to make him backup in '21, but only if he can still play in spot starts or in mopup duty by then.

We are in a very similar position to SF last year. They added a good pass rush and their record turned around. We just hung around with the #2 seed in the NFC with our 3rd string.

We are not far away.

The 49ers had good young players on every level of the defense last year, a really good OL and more importantly an excellent head coach. The Lions have a terrible LB corps, maybe one good DL? and a terrible coaching staff.

The 49ers did add Nick Bosa and Dee Ford which vastly improved their pass rush. The Lions will need at least 2 players of that caliber for the pass rush & 2 new LBs and they might get to .500

We are not far away.

We are not even close to SF. They have playmakers at damn near every offensive position, great coaching, and an elite defense.

The Lions have a couple playmakers and one of, if not the worst defense in the NFL along with a shit coaching staff.

They are far away.

Back