Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wolverines add grad transfer Daylen Baldwin to 2021 roster

I think we may have posted at the same time. I just put mine in the 2021 recruiting thread. Nice timing, bud.

Yeah, Looks like practically the same time

2 years of eligibility left.

Played for Deion at Jackson State

I think we might see some good things

Yeah, Looks like practically the same time

2 years of eligibility left.

Played for Deion at Jackson State

I think we might see some good things

We definitely needed help at outside WR. Bell is the only proven guy there. There are some young guys with potential, but no one that has shown much so far.

All the hype that was around DPJ and Black...I just do not think our OCs actually understand how to use talented WRs or how to get QBs to accurately throw to them, or RBs to promote a balanced attack.

When it actually shows up on the field and UM is a power program again, wake me up. I do not see a Jackson State transfer as being the best option we should have right now, nor do I think he is the only position needing filled with better talent.

Until the NCAA actually punishes cheaters like OSU and Alabama, the BS will continue. I'm pretty much at a point where I am done with CFB. Alabama has had 29 wins vacated...and yet they still pull the same shit. They deserve an SMU level Death Penalty, as does OSU.

Forgive me for not being excited about any UM news these days...it just does not matter any more. UM is a has-been program. Fuck the integrity at this point, the NCAA does not care at all, just do not be too blatant and you will get away with paying the players. UM should have more $$$ to throw at them, pay them whatever it takes to get the best talent. Like 5 of the top 10 and 10 of the top 20 ranked players every year for the next 20 years. Just do it already. OSU has proven it matters not who the coach is, just buy the talent to overpower the opponents. Bama will similarly have no problems replacing Saben. The NCAA does not give a shit, why should UM?

Last edited:
I do not see a Jackson State transfer as being the best option we should have right now, nor do I think he is the only position needing filled with better talent.

Not saying he's going to be a program changer, but we needed an outside WR and he appears to have potential. OSU offered him a scholarship as well, so it's not like we were competing against Rice to get him.

Definitely not the only position of need. There are holes all over the defense and QB remains a giant question mark.

Until the NCAA actually punishes cheaters like OSU and Alabama, the BS will continue. I'm pretty much at a point where I am done with CFB. Alabama has had 29 wins vacated...and yet they still pull the same shit. They deserve an SMU level Death Penalty, as does OSU.

Forgive me for not being excited about any UM news these days...it just does not matter any more. UM is a has-been program. Fuck the integrity at this point, the NCAA does not care at all, just do not be too blatant and you will get away with paying the players. UM should have more $$$ to throw at them, pay them whatever it takes to get the best talent. Like 5 of the top 10 and 10 of the top 20 ranked players every year for the next 20 years. Just do it already. OSU has proven it matters not who the coach is, just buy the talent to overpower the opponents. Bama will similarly have no problems replacing Saben. The NCAA does not give a shit, why should UM?

I've kinda come around to this view.

It's not cheating if everyone does it, and the only crime is getting caught. Does UM have the same sleazy booster network as these other schools though?

Do Michigan alums go into the right line of business for that sort of thing?

I don't know many that own used car dealerships or "cash heavy" businesses...

One Stephen Ross type has enough money to drown every Alabama booster combined, but is he going to stoop to handing out golden handshakes and no-show jobs to college recruits in Akron, OH, or Bumfuckville, LA? I assume billionaires have better things to do.

If he did though, and started beating the cheaters at their own game, I guaran-fucking-tee OSU and SEC schools would be the first to start ratting us out

One Stephen Ross type has enough money to drown every Alabama booster combined, but is he going to stoop to handing out golden handshakes and no-show jobs to college recruits in Akron, OH, or Bumfuckville, LA? I assume billionaires have better things to do.

If he did though, and started beating the cheaters at their own game, I guaran-fucking-tee OSU and SEC schools would be the first to start ratting us out

giphy.gif

it will be interesting to see if the talent level at Rocket Mortgage State University improves significantly now that they've resumed a level of "whoring out to money" commiserate with their behavior when they first joined the conference (both then and now justified of course by "needing to compete with Michigan.")

All the hype that was around DPJ and Black...I just do not think our OCs actually understand how to use talented WRs or how to get QBs to accurately throw to them, or RBs to promote a balanced attack.

When it actually shows up on the field and UM is a power program again, wake me up. I do not see a Jackson State transfer as being the best option we should have right now, nor do I think he is the only position needing filled with better talent.

OK, go to sleep then

I don't get it. It's a dead horse

If you don't want to talk about Michigan football, then don't.

If you think Harbaugh should've been fired (you might be right) and don't want to watch until he is gone, then don't

No one is stopping you from stopping talking and/or watching.

If you think Harbaugh should've been fired (you might be right) and don't want to watch until he is gone, then don't

who?

Has nothing to do with Harbaugh, actually have enjoyed watching the team most weeks. But then OSU comes up and it's just a joke...and not because Harbaugh sucks. It is plainly a talent differential due to the $uckeyes paying players.

It's not cheating if everyone does it, and the only crime is getting caught. Does UM have the same sleazy booster network as these other schools though?

The guys from Google could pay each player a million per year and not even blink. It could all be set up with online accounts like YouTube where they have bots hitting the sites to generate fake ad revenue that the family earns.

Really is not that hard to scam things in the internet era, especially for google.

It?s just hard to get excited for Michigan football these days. Back when Michigan was 10-2-1 against Osu and John Cooper it just feels like college football was better. We just don?t even field a team that is even relevant anymore. I?d like to see Michigan football win again. It just feels like there is so much Apathy with Michigan football. I will watch but it?s very hard to be excited.

Last edited:
Has nothing to do with Harbaugh, actually have enjoyed watching the team most weeks. But then OSU comes up and it's just a joke...and not because Harbaugh sucks. It is plainly a talent differential due to the $uckeyes paying players.

It's not just OSU. Wisconsin has pounded us into the core of the Earth for the past two seasons and we're 2-3 overall against them with Harbaugh. Harbaugh is 3-3 against an always less talented MSU. We're 1-1 against Iowa while averaging a pathetic 11.5 PPG. It's not like Iowa is rolling a Bama level defense out there. We're 3-3 against PSU.

Harbaugh has not come in and made us better than everyone except OSU.

Can't we just talk about Daylen Baldwin and his commitment?

You guys say this stuff in every single thread about Michigan football

Dead horse

If you all are so miserable, just stop being fans...of football or Michigan or both

carry on

This x 100

This Baldwin kid looks like the real deal. Looks a lot like Braylen Edwards after the catch. Has great size and knows how to use it to shield defender. I feel that it will cost us at least one td against OSU, though. The selection of OSU sympathizers to ref a game hasnt done us any favors.

This Baldwin kid looks like the real deal. Looks a lot like Braylen Edwards after the catch. Has great size and knows how to use it to shield defender. I feel that it will cost us at least one td against OSU, though. The selection of OSU sympathizers to ref a game hasnt done us any favors.

I'm confused. Michigan having this receiver will cost Michigan at least one TD against OSU, because the refs will be more biased due to Michigan having this receiver on their team?

Wow! I really liked your post up the the word "defender," but after that it went off the rails.

I do agree that the refs are seemingly biased towards OSU when they play Michigan, especially in the game with "the spot." I do not think that Michigan's acquisition of this player will influence that.

Back