Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Womens Hoops NCAA In Elite 8 vs Louisville

Ncaa Second Round Match up

# 11 Villanova24-8 @ #3 Michigan 23-6
Michigan is a -12.5 point favorite and over/under is 124.5
Espnu
Two common opponents at a quick glance
Villanova was crushed by Maryland but that was 2nd game of the season
Michigan swept Maryland this year
Both programs beat Oregon state and
Villanova 56-52
Michigan 61-52

Last edited:
Ncaa Second Round Match up

# 11 Villanova24-8 @ #3 Michigan 23-6
Michigan is a -12.5 point favorite and over/under is 124.5
Espnu
Two common opponents at a quick glance
Villanova was crushed by Maryland but that was 2nd game of the season
Michigan swept Maryland this year
Both programs beat Oregon state and
Villanova 56-52
Michigan 61-52

GO BLUE! Get er dun!

Started real slow then took a 13-9 lead only to let Villanova score the last 7 Points in the quarter. Trail 16-13 end one one..
Michigan is so sloppy on offense right now.

Last edited:
Late second. Villanova up 2. Both teams have 10 fg. Villanova has 5 three pointers and Michigan has zero.

Michigan up 32-29 at half in a turnover fest half. Wildcats 5-13 from three and Michigan is only 1-5. Hillmon has half of Michigan?s points. Brown off the bench has 10. We need to get Nolan or someone else to score.

Back and forth three quarter in a close game. Michigan and Villanova both hit a cold spell at the same time with Michigan up 42-40. Then Michigan scored last 6 of the quarter.
Michigan 48 Villanova 40 end of three. Hillmon has 50th career double double

Hillmon the beast ! As Michigan is sweet 16 bound !

She got her 50th Career double double in her last home game

Last edited:
24-6 Michigan the #3 seed verses 24-8 South Dakota the # 10:seed.

Winner plays winner of
#1 Louisville verses winner of Belmont and Tennessee game.

Conferences still in women's tournament .
5?Acc-Unc, Louisville, NC State, uconn,ND.
4?Big ten- Michigan, Indiana, Maryland, osu
2?Big12- Jowa state, Texas.
2?SEC. Tennessee, South Carolina.
1?Big East-Creighton.
1?Summit- South Dakota.
1?Pac 12- Stanford.

Last edited:
#3 Michigan beat the #10 seed South Dakota before a huge SD crowd 52-49. Sorry I couldn?t post anything. My father in law had his 80th birthday party. I saw some of the game and dvr and watched the slugfest

I agree with Rumseyhouse77 Assessment below.

Michigan wins 52-49. S Dakota gave them a hell of a game (I guess). Damn! It was excruciating! First trip to the Elite 8 for Michigan. Worse thing is that now I feel like I should watch them play Louisville on Monday.

#3 seed Michigan 25-6 plays #1 seed Louisville 28-4 Monday 3/28/22 at pm in the elite 8.
Now before everyone gets excited we have not matched up well against the cardinals.
We lost 70-48 early in the season at Louisville.

#3 Michigan beat the #10 seed South Dakota before a huge SD crowd 52-49. Sorry I couldn?t post anything. My father in law had his 80th birthday party. I saw some of the game and dvr and watched the slugfest

I agree with Rumseyhouse77 Assessment below.

Michigan wins 52-49. S Dakota gave them a hell of a game (I guess). Damn! It was excruciating! First trip to the Elite 8 for Michigan. Worse thing is that now I feel like I should watch them play Louisville on Monday.

Thanks R. Sorry I wasn?t around much yesterday. I tried to post a few things here and there.

Thanks R. Sorry I wasn?t around much yesterday. I tried to post a few things here and there.

Hey no problem Bob! Family always comes first and an 80th birthday is something to celebrate. Sorry I missed this thread. I put my post in the "other games" thread instead of here. Thanks for catching it.

Last edited:
Girls hanging tough Louisville is just more talented. They just have to many good shooters that we don?t have and turnovers like normal are killing us

Last edited:
Had a chance for a lead at half down 28-27 but yet another turnover killed Michigan and Louisville for the last basket. For going 0 for first 8 shots Michigan is lucky to be only down 30-27 at half. Turnovers are killing us. 11 for us. 8 for Louisville but they are scoring off our turnovers and we are not.

Hey at Louisville we were done 39-15 at half

Last edited:
Michigan in the midst of another drought and trial 41-33 with 3:59 left in the third
Pheila made a great move and missed a easy layup. Both bigs missed easy 5 and 10
footers. Defense is there. Louisville is just faster then us at the guards.

Girls hanging tough after the drought only trail 45-43 end of the third.

Girls hanging tough after the drought only trail 45-43 end of the third.

Yeah this could still be won.

Playing from behind all game; cutting the deficit only to see it expand again.

I?m dialed in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Louisville Ratchet up the pressure and our Guards are caving in as we trail by 7 with 7:52 left.
They have great guards. We have above average guards. Turnovers are killing us.

Last edited:
Back