Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Working Out?

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
mojo said:
Sometimes I take Jack3d before workouts for that extra boost.

I've never heard of Jack3d, but I generally follow up a workout with a pop or two of Jack Old #7...

First time I heard of it was when I was visiting my friend and his roommate and some other kid decided to snort it before a party.

^lmao, that's fucking stupid. probably burnt their nostrils. it's like those people that go "D000D I JUST HAD LIKE 3 COORZ LIGHTZ IM SOOOO DRUNK ASGHAFAGHHF;FKDFJL."

it's basically a kick ass energy drink without the adverse affects.

Anyway, I've been swimming all summer for upper body; for lower body I do a combo of cardio-sprints on my stationary bike with intermittent leg isos.

When summer ends I'll start going back to my boxing gym for upper body.

All of these combine cardio and resistence at the same time.

KettleBell Program on Mondays
Upper Wednesdays
Lower Fridays
Play right now in a soccer league on Saturday, which may be replaced by Flag football early Sunday mornings this fall.

Full Vitamin complement each day
I take Jacked before each workout with a scoop of BCAAs
Whey Isolate after each workout and Zinc for recovery each night

Right now I have a torn MCL and Meniscus which I have to see the surgeon on Oct 11th to set up an op date. Also I have four pins in my wrist for a scaphoid split (I think Dallas Clark had the same injury last year). So working out has become a lot harder.

I alternate between Tabata routines (google it) and 5 x 5 stronglifts (squats, bench, stand/military, pullups, Rows--no more deadlifting--42 year old back cant take it anymore--heavier weight low reps). 20 mins of cardio after each lifting session. Tabata needs no cardio--it is cardio.

I go every other day and take a week off every few months for complete recovery.

I change tabata sequence and exercises to create the muscle confusion that P90X preaches. There are 100s of them avail online Lots of body weight exercise which are killers. It is not easy--very high intensity--not for beginners

Lots of veggies, fruits and lean meat. No refined carbs or white flour. Very hard to keep weight on. I drink whey protein, a good food-based multi-vitamin and multi-mineral. Nothing else.

I have always been fit but I had to buy new clothes recently.

Back