Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

World Cup kickoff this Thursday

Michchamp

Brazil v. Croatia.

U.S. doesn't play til Monday, 6/16 v. Ghana. Chance for some payback.

my other team (Italia) plays Saturday v. England. I remember Pirlo's Panenka vs. England in the penalties in the 2012 Euro tournament. That was an awesome game. It'll be his last cup.

Seems like there are a few notable rematch/grudge matchups in the group rounds: US/Ghana, Italy/Eng, Spain/Netherlands

I love the World Cup ...and am very glad that Brazilian fans don't favor use of the vuvuzela horn!

Last edited:
Really looking forward to it! Although I'll miss the kickoff game since I'll still be at work. I think Klinsmann has done a good job putting the team together and they've improved each of the warm-up games. I really liked the 4-2-3-1 formation with Beckerman and Jones playing back to allow Bradley to go forward. And I'm hoping Altidore can bring his confidence from the Nigeria game and have it translate to the World Cup.

Back