Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Worst Rated BCS Title game EVER!

TheVictors

HALF the audience (13) that watched Timmay beat Rapelisberger (25) .....

I guess if you're Rivals or ESPN or CBS, the SEC is the World .....But to the world, the SEC is still Alabama & Louisiana....

Not surprised, couple that with the Va. Tech- U of M game being the 2nd worst rated bowl in all of BCS history and the BCS screwed the pooch this year.

johnny2x2x said:
Not surprised, couple that with the Va. Tech- U of M game being the 2nd worst rated bowl in all of BCS history and the BCS screwed the pooch this year.

Its called showing all games on ESPN. This and the games were so far from Jan 1st. People have other things to do. And also, how about the showing of all games at 1:00 on Jan 2nd.
What stupid fucking move that was.

I think when you have two schools from the same Conference, the same Division and within a short drive from one another ..... well, you're not exactly appealing to anyone outside your core demographic.

Had Stanford or Okie State (or USC) been in the BCS vs LSU/Bama, I bet the ratings are almost double or at least significantly improved. As for the Sugar Bowl .... yeah, well, who the fuck ever said VaTech "travels well" or has a large fanbase outside the west portion of the state of Virginia?!

johnny2x2x said:

Obviously, I stayed up for the whole UM game, but I didn't make it past halftime in any of the others. It's college football, which takes longer than NFL games b/c of the clock stoppages for a 1st down and the hurry up offenses which lead to more plays, incomplete passes, first downs, etc. Plus, they start them at 8:30 eastern, which means staying up past halftime is past the bedtimes of many in the east. Are there really more people in the west watching than in the east sleeping to justify starting these games so late? I watched the second half of the BCS Title Game at 5 the next morning during the AM workout, screaming at Les Miles to change QBs.

by the time they played the NC game, I had watched most of 34 bowl games with only one of those games involving the team that I root for. I did watch, but I can understand why many did not.

The biggest problem and it gets worse is having the fkn game a week after New Year. Who gives a shit about CFB at that time. Go back to Jan 1 for all the top games. When I was a kid, watching the Orange Bowl at 8pm Jan 1 wasn't a problem with no school the next day I could stay up. Now a days with the way the game is, kids can't watch being on a school night and adults because of early work the next day.

It was so great having everything on the 1st because the next day you had nothing to do except eat Turkey and sit on your ass.

I still think as it has been said before part of the problem was that outside of LSU and Bama fans and maybe a few fans in the SEC no one really cared about the game. I wish somehow conferences would do away with divisions and the championships games would be against the top 2 in the conf. That way the SEC title game would have been Bama and LSU and PAC 12 would have been Oregon vs Stanford. Only the B10 game would have stayed the same.

johnny2x2x said:

beatdeadhorse.gif

I will not contribute to BCS ratings unless Michigan is involved. I now have a 19 year streak to hold up and I'm not going to miss a Michigan game due to my disdain for the BCS. Any other BCS games, I just check the score and watch highlights.

wheels002 said:
I still think as it has been said before part of the problem was that outside of LSU and Bama fans and maybe a few fans in the SEC no one really cared about the game. I wish somehow conferences would do away with divisions and the championships games would be against the top 2 in the conf. That way the SEC title game would have been Bama and LSU and PAC 12 would have been Oregon vs Stanford. Only the B10 game would have stayed the same.

That was my suggestion for the B10 before the idiots in Chicago created the Legends & Leaders - if anything, the B12 showed why having two divisions is stupid and why "seeding" across all 12 teams makes more sense. That way UM & Ohio or Wisky or PSU or whomever can earn the right, rather than back-in during times where maybe one division is weaker than another.

Back