Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Would you guys trade for Anthony Davis?

If Reiff is our LT, and we have no intent on drafting one, then I don't see why not.

Too many holes on this roster going into the draft and running out of options to fill them via FA. You cover as many as you can prior to the draft. Do you know we have 2 DEs on the roster right now (not counting scrubs like Kerry Hyder). Anthony Davis is better than what we have now at RT...so why not?

Hypothetically, yes. But...

Anthony Davis - T - 49ers
49ers "retired" RT Anthony Davis was told by GM Trent Baalke he is not on the trade block.
A report surfaced Monday saying the 49ers were looking to move both Davis and veteran SS Antoine Bethea. Davis said Baalke texted him the report was not true, calling it "false reporting." Davis has said he will file for reinstatement after "retiring" last year, but he has yet to file the paperwork and did not show up for the beginning of the offseason program last week. He will likely wait until closer to training camp to make it official.

Yep. He took the year off last year in the great 49er migration of 2015. He graded out highly as a top RT before that though.

So thwn why is it rumored that he's on the trading block? He's coming back this year?

So thwn why is it rumored that he's on the trading block? He's coming back this year?

He's only 27 I believe. He plans on applying for reinstatement before camp. The rumors are based on the fact he apparently has issues with the 49er front office and the direction of the team which is why he 'retired' in the first place.

Me neither. I think Calvin is on to his next life.

I met an ex lion today in my office. Was a cornerback last name Royster in the barry days. Now he sells dr pepper. Sure calvin has way more money than that dude. But a year to realize you have no idea what you're going to do for the rest of your life. ...i wouldn't blame him if he came back.

I met an ex lion today in my office. Was a cornerback last name Royster in the barry days. Now he sells dr pepper. Sure calvin has way more money than that dude. But a year to realize you have no idea what you're going to do for the rest of your life. ...i wouldn't blame him if he came back.

I wouldn't blame him, but everyone has to hang them up sometime. The guy just got married, travel the world, have a kid, start a business or join a network, walk to the mailbox when you are 45. DiGiorno delivery man Nate Burleson looks like he is having a blast on NFL network.

I wouldn't blame him, but everyone has to hang them up sometime. The guy just got married, travel the world, have a kid, start a business or join a network, walk to the mailbox when you are 45. DiGiorno delivery man Nate Burleson looks like he is having a blast on NFL network.

Calvin is not the nfl network type. I don't see him as a tv personality at any point in the future. Hopefully he has good business partners. Really all he had to do is save well during the years and not invest recklessly.

Back