Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wow....the Colts!

tonyballs

Adding RB Frank Gore and WR Andre Johnson. How dumb is this organization?? Luck, statistically was one of the best QBs in the league last year. Adding weapons to make your team better?? BLASPHEMY!!!!

Yup the colts get the likes of andre johnson gore to go along with young talent like moncrief and hilton.

The lions get jeremy ross durham and broyles. #mayhewproblems

Last edited:
Yup the colts get the likes of andre johnson gore to go along with young talent like moncrief and hilton.

The lions get jeremy ross durham and broyles. #mayhewproblemd

Wait wit wait wait wait. The guy who hates on the lions for getting more stafford weapons when we need other needs defends the colts in this scenario? Explain to me how they are any different?

Wait wit wait wait wait. The guy who hates on the lions for getting more stafford weapons when we need other needs defends the colts in this scenario? Explain to me how they are any different?

The colts picked a better weapon in rd 3 thsn we did in the top 10 lmao

How many of these do you want? I can go on forever....

I don't have much of a problem with putting weapons around Stafford.

I do have a problem with poor drafting when it comes to weapons, these include (3rd round or higher)

TE Brandon Pettigrew
WR Derrick Williams
RB Jahvid Best
WR Titus Young
RB Mikel Leshoure
WR Ryan Broyles
TE Eric Ebron

Three of them are still on the team (two that actually play). Pettigrew re-signed and is hardly a difference maker, Broyles is a lost cause at this point, I'll hold off judgment on Ebron since it's only been one season.

7 Picks in 6 drafts, this list includes three 1st round picks, three 2nd round picks, and one 3rd rounder....only 2 out of 7 still play regularly, the rest are either out of the league or about to be, that's not good.

I'll await the "they were just unlucky" excuse.

I don't have much of a problem with putting weapons around Stafford.

I do have a problem with poor drafting when it comes to weapons, these include (3rd round or higher)

TE Brandon Pettigrew
WR Derrick Williams
RB Jahvid Best
WR Titus Young
RB Mikel Leshoure
WR Ryan Broyles
TE Eric Ebron

Three of them are still on the team (two that actually play). Pettigrew re-signed and is hardly a difference maker, Broyles is a lost cause at this point, I'll hold off judgment on Ebron since it's only been one season.

7 Picks in 6 drafts, this list includes three 1st round picks, three 2nd round picks, and one 3rd rounder....only 2 out of 7 still play regularly, the rest are either out of the league or about to be, that's not good.

I'll await the "they were just unlucky" excuse.

Or maybe sll of them have talent and the qb just sucks.....havent decided yet 100%

Just trying to make a point that you ALWAYS try and surround your QB with talent no matter what. Luck is arguably one of the best in the game and his organization tries to surround him with talent. Stafford is barely an above average QB and people on this board crucify the organization for it. I find that comical...lol

Just trying to make a point that you ALWAYS try and surround your QB with talent no matter what. Luck is arguably one of the best in the game and his organization tries to surround him with talent. Stafford is barely an above average QB and people on this board crucify the organization for it. I find that comical...lol

We get that....and i agree with it. Thats not the joke. The joke is mayhew keeps trying to surround stafford with talent and failing at it.

....or stafford just sucks.

If I remember right.. the argument I read on these forums went something like this...

Signing more weapons for your QB proves you have a crappy QB.

Not an exact quote, but it's pretty darned close.

I always knew Andrew Luck was shitty.

We get that....and i agree with it. Thats not the joke. The joke is mayhew keeps trying to surround stafford with talent and failing at it.

....or stafford just sucks.

Hey, i'm not arguing with you on the Mayhew misses. Every GM misses, but he's hit on a few as well.
And i'm not getting into it with you on the "Stafford sucks" argument because it's weak. Don't even try to defend some of the additions Mayhew has tried ti bring to this team because you have bashed all of them. Nice try... ;)

Honestly Andre Johnson isn't that good anymore and is always hurt. Gore was supposed to fall off last year due to mileage but didn't.

If I remember right.. the argument I read on these forums went something like this...

That's exactly why I made the post, Ink. Luck is BRUTAL!!

Yeah, remember the main argument was a good QB will make the current players better. Like turn average players into pro bowl caliber players.

Honestly Andre Johnson isn't that good anymore and is always hurt. Gore was supposed to fall off last year due to mileage but didn't.

Go look at AJ's numbers and tell me he isn't that good. The dude had shit QBs most of his career and still put up HOF numbers.
And Gore fits that offense to a tee. Expect 1,200+ yards and around 8-9 TDs.

Last edited:

Nah like always youre missing like 80% of the argument.

It went something like lets spend
1st plus picks on best
2nd plus picks on leshoure

Top ten on ebron
1st on pettigrew

1st on calvin
Sign tate
pay nate too much
3rd on dwill
2nd on broyles

New oc
New offensive minded hc
about 4 new qb gurus

....and your qb still puts up ryan fitzpatrickesque type numbers and therefor sucks.

Nah like always youre missing like 80% of the argument.

It went something like lets spend
1st plus picks on best
2nd plus picks on leshoure

Top ten on ebron
1st on pettigrew

1st on calvin
Sign tate
pay nate too much
3rd on dwill
2nd on broyles

New oc
New offensive minded hc
about 4 new qb gurus

....and your qb still puts up ryan fitzpatrickesque type numbers and therefor sucks.

Bullshit and you fkn know it, buddy. Fitzpatrick numbers?? Are you fkn retarded?? Stafford blows away Fitz and it's not even close. Keep hanging your hat on last year with Stafford. First year in a new system with a vouple new players, some injuries and a decimated OL. Expect a vast improvement in year 2.

Back