Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

WWII Memorial Shutdown

If the affordable care act was so bad the republicans should just let it go through and then maybe it will bury the democrats in the next election or better yet like sbee said try and push a bill through and get the votes... Fact is in the long run the ACT will be a great program that will save lives and save money...The republicans fear this bill because it will work. The hate of a the conservatives towards Obama is darn right shameful. The republicans lost the election buy a lot and they act like they have won which is beyond idiotic... I am hoping that is may be the downfall of the republican party.. They are so out of touch it is not even funny...

you are nuts if you think it is a great program that will work and save money. The saving lives part I'm not sure about either.

It's not the Republican Party or the Democratic Party: Its one Statist Party, fighting to stay in power. And we are the people who keep electing these boofs in office, so it's really on us.

It's not the Republican Party or the Democratic Party: Its one Statist Party, fighting to stay in power. And we are the people who keep electing these boofs in office, so it's really on us.

If I didn't vote can I have no fault in this?

If I didn't vote can I have no fault in this?

Depends on why you didn't vote. If like many it was because there was no one worth your vote, then no. In that situation, the fault lies with the political parties and their inability to have anyone really worthy. Well, I guess partial blame does belong with the person who did not run who would have gotten you out to vote because you believed in them so much you felt compelled to rejoin the mess that is the politcal system of this great nation. Hard to believe a nation as great as this is only able to provide worthless people running for all political offices.

If there's nobody to vote for, and you didn't pay attention during primaries, does that count for anything?

the problem is our political system is not what it was supposed to be. Originally the poeple were be elected to represent the people. Now most of the elected are professional politicians. We need shorter term limits on all elected offices!

Term limits we can set by voting politicians in and out. One of the mistakes made was making U.S. Senators elected via popular vote. Totally skewed the process of representation. It needs to revert to the state legislators electing them again. Fat chance of that happening. Government never gives back.

i think like 99% of people don't actually know shit about "Obamacare," not even knowing what the hell the real name of the law is, let alone what it does.

and they keep forgetting that the GOP and Romney pushed the same law around 10 years ago, and trumpeted it as a good thing, and a triumph of private enterprise and the "free market" even though these asswads don't have a clue what either of those things are.

seriously a two year old has more relevant things to say about this than many of the people I'm hearing from.

i think like 99% of people don't actually know shit about "Obamacare," not even knowing what the hell the real name of the law is, let alone what it does.

and they keep forgetting that the GOP and Romney pushed the same law around 10 years ago, and trumpeted it as a good thing, and a triumph of private enterprise and the "free market" even though these asswads don't have a clue what either of those things are.

seriously a two year old has more relevant things to say about this than many of the people I'm hearing from.

Liberals should be just about as unhappy about it as conservatives. Just expanding medicare would have done more per extra dollar sent to insurance companies. But "Rah, rah, rah! My team won! So I'm a big supporter" or "Boo! My team lost!" is all the motivation the loudest voices need.

OK. Then for the record, I do know that expanding Medicare is a part of Obamacare. Also, Medicare IS a single-payer option (which means Bush passed a $50 B/year expansion of the single-payer option with less complaining.) I think you could do this skit asking people if they prefer a single-payer option or Medicare and get the same result, but it would be less funny.

Last edited:
OK. Then for the record, I do know that expanding Medicare is a part of Obamacare. Also, Medicare IS a single-payer option (which means Bush passed a $50 B/year expansion of the single-payer option with less complaining.) I think you could do this skit asking people if they prefer a single-payer option or Medicare and get the same result, but it would be less funny.

I'll let Jim know.

Maybe he can work it in tonight.

He would have to bump Matt Damon though.

the problem is our political system is not what it was supposed to be. Originally the poeple were be elected to represent the people. Now most of the elected are professional politicians. We need shorter term limits on all elected offices!

They are Tom. People who bitch about what you are saying are the real morons. The Congressman and Senators from your district(s) may have a ton of lobbyists behind them, lots of money from special interest groups too, but in the end the people elect them. Now if people are stupid and vote for a person because of a few yard signs or bumper stickers or tv ads, without actually knowing a candidates positions, blame the people. Nobody in this country gets elected without the people, and certainly nobody gets re-elected without them either.

And as far as people who don't or didn't vote...you're exactly what politicians hope for, someone who will stay home with the millions of other dopes who can't be bothered to vote because they didn't like someone on the ticket or or thought it was a lost cause. But feel free to sit on your fat ass on election day or during primaries, but then bitch about how bad things are while doing absolutely nothing, no matter how unimportant you might think it was, because you are the true idiots of this country.

I wonder if anyone being interviewed said they were the same and JK just left them off, edited them out? They always have a way to make their story sound the way they want.

I wonder if anyone being interviewed said they were the same and JK just left them off, edited them out? They always have a way to make their story sound the way they want.

I read an article once in some magazine, maybe maxim or people or something...that mentioned that the "Jaywalking" spots from the Tonight Show sometimes took as long as 4 hours to get enough people to say stupid things to fill a 5 minute segment.

They are Tom. People who bitch about what you are saying are the real morons. The Congressman and Senators from your district(s) may have a ton of lobbyists behind them, lots of money from special interest groups too, but in the end the people elect them. Now if people are stupid and vote for a person because of a few yard signs or bumper stickers or tv ads, without actually knowing a candidates positions, blame the people. Nobody in this country gets elected without the people, and certainly nobody gets re-elected without them either.

And as far as people who don't or didn't vote...you're exactly what politicians hope for, someone who will stay home with the millions of other dopes who can't be bothered to vote because they didn't like someone on the ticket or or thought it was a lost cause. But feel free to sit on your fat ass on election day or during primaries, but then bitch about how bad things are while doing absolutely nothing, no matter how unimportant you might think it was, because you are the true idiots of this country.

Didn't this conversation come up before about Detroit? Someone suggested blame the people for their bankruptcy because they voted them in or didn't vote someone else in and the other side was - you can't blame the people for the problems Detroit has or something to that effect?

Nonethess..

I read an article once in some magazine, maybe maxim or people or something...that mentioned that the "Jaywalking" spots from the Tonight Show sometimes took as long as 4 hours to get enough people to say stupid things to fill a 5 minute segment.

It wouldn't surprise me.

That was a long time ago.....there are a more stupid people out there today!

Back