Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Yay, Pat Robertson died!

He was a great preacher. He not only taught that there was in fact true evil in the world, but he taught by example.

Kenneth Copeland next?

Was Pat Robinson actually important?

Also, I really haven?t heard much of him lately.

Maybe because he was dying.

"A Compendium of Statements That St. Peter Might Be Asking Pat Robertson to Explain"

- Pat Robertson isn't in heaven or hell - neither of those places exist. But the article
is useful by compiling some of his "Greatest Hits" in one place.

Certainly is hard to square his vindictive, malevolent, arrogant christianity, gloating at the misfortune of others, with the actual teachings of Christ...

Nice to not have to square your vindictive, malevolent, arrogant atheism with any moral code, right?

Last edited:
"A Compendium of Statements That St. Peter Might Be Asking Pat Robertson to Explain"

- Pat Robertson isn't in heaven or hell - neither of those places exist. But the article
is useful by compiling some of his "Greatest Hits" in one place.

Certainly is hard to square his vindictive, malevolent, arrogant christianity, gloating at the misfortune of others, with the actual teachings of Christ...

It's not St. Peter who judges us. Jesus does.

I. The Particular Judgment

1021 Death puts an end to human life as the time open to either accepting or rejecting the divine grace manifested in Christ. The New Testament speaks of judgment primarily in its aspect of the final encounter with Christ in his second coming, but also repeatedly affirms that each will be rewarded immediately after death in accordance with his works and faith. the parable of the poor man Lazarus and the words of Christ on the cross to the good thief, as well as other New Testament texts speak of a final destiny of the soul - a destiny which can be different for some and for others.

1022 Each man receives his eternal retribution in his immortal soul at the very moment of his death, in a particular judgment that refers his life to Christ: either entrance into the blessedness of heaven - through a purification or immediately, or immediate and everlasting damnation.​

Source: Catechism of the Catholic Church

Nice to not have to square your vindictive, malevolent, arrogant atheism with any moral code, right?

Pat Robertson doesn't deserve anything less.

I'll put my moral code up against any Catholic I know, and I have a hell of a lot less to answer for.

It's not St. Peter who judges us. Jesus does.

I. The Particular Judgment

1021 Death puts an end to human life as the time open to either accepting or rejecting the divine grace manifested in Christ. The New Testament speaks of judgment primarily in its aspect of the final encounter with Christ in his second coming, but also repeatedly affirms that each will be rewarded immediately after death in accordance with his works and faith. the parable of the poor man Lazarus and the words of Christ on the cross to the good thief, as well as other New Testament texts speak of a final destiny of the soul - a destiny which can be different for some and for others.

1022 Each man receives his eternal retribution in his immortal soul at the very moment of his death, in a particular judgment that refers his life to Christ: either entrance into the blessedness of heaven - through a purification or immediately, or immediate and everlasting damnation.​

Source: Catechism of the Catholic Church

Well, from all we can actually observe, you die and you become non-existent, so to speak.

You brain - the source of all your thoughts, memories, and personality, ceases to function, permanently. The rest of your body rots away. No one ever hears from you again. You "live" on only in the memories of those who knew you.

Well, from all we can actually observe, you die and you become non-existent, so to speak.

You brain - the source of all your thoughts, memories, and personality, ceases to function, permanently. The rest of your body rots away. No one ever hears from you again. You "live" on only in the memories of those who knew you.

What about Tyler Henry?

What about Theresa Capitol?

You're in for a drastic surprise at some point undetermined. The supernatural realm is rather obvious to those who are observant.

That's not your call.

I'll put my moral code up against any Catholic I know, and I have a hell of a lot less to answer for.

A Catholic should be praying for the peaceful repose of anyone's soul who has died. As for "comparing moral codes" I compare my own to that of God's and not of any other person.

I fall short, with the desire to "be perfect as [your] Father in Heaven is perfect."

And why have a moral code anyway if we all end up in the dirt as worm food?

He's in a better place now.......

Out of the public eye forever.

Last edited:
You're in for a drastic surprise at some point undetermined. The supernatural realm is rather obvious to those who are observant.

Like Tyler Henry?

And Theresa Caputo? (autocorrect keeps changing that name to Capitol).

Like Tyler Henry?

I am not familiar with them (did an internet search to learn what they "do.")

I don't consider their realm as a holy one to enter. Simple prayer is the entry point into the supernatural realm to which I refer.

I have considered this, and am comfortable "taking my chances" as I am now.

Those in the supernatural realm need to do a better job making it obvious, I guess, if they give a shit about us. We're in the process of dumping the whole planet into a cycle of mass extinction, and those driving it only get more powerful and secure in their control over the situation.

He was a great preacher. He not only taught that there was in fact true evil in the world, but he taught by example.

Kenneth Copeland next?

Is Copeland the next worse after Pat? All the non-denominational megachurch guys seem uniformly awful, so it's hard to choose between them. I guess whoever has the widest following should be next.

I wouldn't mind seeing Joel Osteen go... I suffer emotional damage everytime I drive by the billboards of him and his psychotic looking wife glaring at me. They're relatively young and healthy, though the wife seems to have a bit of a drinking/pill-popping problem

Hopefully Houston does something useful with the primo-location land his megachurch is located on. Maybe a transit terminal for a new commuter rail system linking the sprawled out city with this area?

Last edited by a moderator:

Why wouldn't you? You have no problem making a fool of yourself on an almost daily basis here.

Last edited:
Is Copeland the next worse after Pat? All the non-denominational megachurch guys seem uniformly awful, so it's hard to choose between them. I guess whoever has the widest following should be next.

I wouldn't mind seeing Joel Osteen go... I suffer emotional damage everytime I drive by the billboards of him and his psychotic looking wife glaring at me. They're relatively young and healthy, though the wife seems to have a bit of a drinking/pill-popping problem

Hopefully Houston does something useful with the primo-location land his megachurch is located on. Maybe a transit terminal for a new commuter rail system linking the sprawled out city with this area?

I don't know who is the worst. I just know Copeland is a real shitter and he looks like an alien wearing a suit of human skin.

Osteen is right up there. That bullshit he pulled during the floods in Houston was choice.

Like Tyler Henry?

Within the last few years, Dr. Drew Pinsky has had some fascination, or interest, in Tyler Henry, so much so that he set up a monitoring of Henry?s brain functions as he was doing a ?reading?.

I was listening to Dr. Drew on his daily radio show at the time, and he described the results of the brain scan - I?m going to paraphrase - he described it as ?fascinating, unique? and ?highly unusual.?

Since I heard Pensky describe this firsthand, I?m not going to try to re-create it anymore.

There are plenty of records that this test occurred that a person can look up on the various Interwebs.

EDIT: Oh, SpartanMack - this post was for you.

I thought I was quoting your quote of the post I quoted.

Last edited:
Back