Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 138: Tigers @ Cleveland Sep 2nd

Why make that comment if not to try and troll up a response? Answer: there is no reason to.
Dude, I even added the "cheers" icon to my post to show I wasn't being an ass to you. Your post was where I was at when reading the game thread when JD hit the homer.

I'm getting pretty sick of having to defend my posts here.

Dude, I even added the "cheers" icon to my post to show I wasn't being an ass to you. Your post was where I was at when reading the game thread when JD hit the homer.

I'm getting pretty sick of having to defend my posts here.
Ah I get it now, an emoticon somehow makes it not a troll post. Got it.

Stop making posts like that and you'll stop having to defend them. If you're just trying to come off snarky and sarcastic with posts like that, its not working. You just end up coming off as trying to troll.

Last edited:
We all want the same thing, some vent during the game, some don't, some always feel like they gotta poke sticks into the monkey cage, some don't..

The venting never bothers me, sometimes the monkey cage stick pokes do but only if I let it

Well I'm not trying to piss anyone off here. I'll just leave it at that and move on.

Last edited:
Let's settle down please, We got an important win tonight, we should all be happy with that.

Well I'm not trying to piss anyone off here. I'll just leave it at that and move on.

Thats fair enough. Just remember that sometimes you come off differently than you intend, and I'll keep that in mind too for later. Rough day left me with a short fuse tonight.

I never said you weren't allowed to vent did I?

Also, I think it's complete bullshit that I was banned last month for less than this post. Yet I see a handful of posters who get away with it daily.

Just so you remember..you were banned by the Admin. Unless he's here at the exact time..

Avila reportedly feels fine was woozy at the time brad didn't like the way he was answering questions at the time so he as pulled, but passed concussion test afterwards they'll check again in the morning

3 catchers on the roster in September, no reason to take any chances. Sit him a few games and let McCann catch a few.

I think it's time for Avila to switch to a goalie-style mask so he can remember the names of his kids when his playing days are over.

JD crushed that ball. Looked and sounded like the one Collins hit the other night.

That was a big win for us last night!

I think it's time for Avila to switch to a goalie-style mask so he can remember the names of his kids when his playing days are over.

No kidding. There is no glory in getting your brain scrambled for no apparent reason. Hopefully they start resting Avila a little more down the stretch. He's better when he's fresh, and I'd like to see what McCann is all about.

Man what a good call by Dickerson!!!!

Now I do have a new whammy but I really cant talk about it... I may have before but I
am not sure as I am forgetful.. But this year it is by far my best whammy that I have used. It has worked a bunch of times.. Now sometimes I use it early in a game sometimes late but it has to do with my wife :)

She got home right when the Tigers started the ninth and I went right to them.. Now it had to be subtle because my son was making his lunch for school... But Hunter got a walk then MC's smash single then the dinger...

Last edited:
Man what a good call by Dickerson!!!!

Now I do have a new whammy but I really cant talk about it... I may have before but I
am not sure as I am forgetful.. But this year it is by far my best whammy that I have used. It has worked a bunch of times.. Now sometimes I use it early in a game sometimes late but it has to do with my wife :)

She got home right when the Tigers started the ninth and I went right to them.. Now it had to be subtle because my son was making his lunch for school... But Hunter got a walk then MC's smash single then the dinger...

whatever it is...tell your wife she needs to "take one for the team"

I believe Avila has said before (and other catchers) that they like the old style because it can get knocked off, which absorbs some of the impact. Where as the hockey goalie style funnels it all into your head.

Back