Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Indians April, 17

Correction 4 walks, 2 of which were intentional.

And, if you take away 1 game where he went 4-5 with 2 doubles.

.200 BAVG .276 OBP .250 SLG .526 OPS

The art of sample size.

Good catch, I must have looked at his strike out total which was 6.

No one thought he would continue to hit last year yet in 229 AB's he hit .297.

Not saying I'd take him over Avila...Avila is by far the better defensive catcher and the ERA splits for the pitchers show it. I was just saying.

Which game did Pena go 4-5 because looking at the game log on ESPN it shows a game vs St. Louis he went 3-4 with 2 2B.

Our SP have been getting elevated pitch counts early lately.

Maybe some day the Tigers will learn to do to a pitcher what other teams do to ours.

Verlander over 105 pitches not even through 5.

Last edited:
Maybe some day the Tigers will learn to do to a pitcher what other teams do to ours.

Verlander over 105 pitches not even through 6.

I saw somewhere the other day that they had 20 less walks then the league average as a team, putting them dead last in MLB. New hitting coach. Not sure what the deal is.

Avila could have saved a run there and mishandles the ball. yep, great defensive C.

Verlander: 5 IP, 116 pitches (season high), 6 hits, 3 runs (0 earned), 4 BB, 7 K's.

Avila could have saved a run there and mishandles the ball. yep, great defensive C.

If he waits for the ball to get deeper in his glove, he doesn't make the tag in time anyways. Not sure what replay you saw.

And we were just bitching about short AB's and now we draw back-to-back walks.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Let's see Jackson make them pay and add a few more....come on AJ

Bleh, internet dropped right before kinsler hr.

Back