Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Indians April, 17

What happened? I missed it

sorry, was out.

Kinsler stole 2nd, then on the next pitch tried to steal 3rd, making the 2nd out.

unless you have davis/berry/borjous speed, 3rd is not smart to try. Catcher sees you much better because you are not in his peripheral vision like at 1st, and the throw is much shorter.

I was a good job to steal second and get into scoring position with 1 out, but the attempt at 3rd was not a good idea.

Based on performance so far this season how could you disagree? I am sure there is some stat out there you will use to prove that you are right.

He didn't say "so far this year" when he said Kinsler > Princess Fielder though, so you are making an irrelevant point.

He didn't say "so far this year" when he said Kinsler > Princess Fielder though, so you are making an irrelevant point.

I know he didn't, I did. Thanks for reminding me. lol

I know he didn't, I did. Thanks for reminding me. lol

Well than if that's the criteria then Kinsler > Cabrera.

Now make an argument to that now that you have talked yourself into a corner. Because if you actually believe that, LOL @ you.

Now make an argument to that now that you have talked yourself into a corner. Because if you actually believe that, LOL @ you.

Based on career stats, I would take Fielder over Kinsler. Based on this season, Kinsler. Again based on this year, yes you are right that Kinsler has outperformed Cabrera. What is your next argument? I've never seen anyone on the internet try so hard to be right.

Last edited:
I am taking Kinsler over Princess for this year and the remainder of their careers, I don't give a damn what Prince did in the past, he's about due for a major regression and he's a fat, lazy PoS. Good riddance, and yes I do believe Kinsler is a better player.

Davis > EVERYONE!!!!

Based on career stats, I would take Fielder over Kinsler. Based on this season, Kinsler. Again based on this year, yes you are right that Kinsler has outperformed Cabrera. What is your next argument? I've never seen anyone on the internet try so hard to be right.

Who's trying to be right? Me who's using actual statistics with real samples, or you who's trying to make his case based on 12 games?

I'm not disputing that to this point Kinsler has outperformed Fielder, but that does not equal Kinsler > Fielder, not yet at least.

JV didn't have his best stuff today and eeked out a win.makes up for a few of those blown saves he's seen in his career.

Which is why you are just trolling and baiting.

Not trolling or baiting, perhaps you should look up the definition of those words, read my post again and give your head a shake.

Now get lost.

Not trolling or baiting, perhaps you should look up the definition of those words, read my post again and give your head a shake.

Now get lost.

"And I don't give a damn what stats you post."

By this statement alone, you are unwilling to take into account facts. And despite this, you continue to post Kinsler > Fielder, which is with the intent to stir the pot. Hence the baiting and/or trolling. So, not understanding stats belong to the players (I just post them), you pretty much don't have a concept of word definitions.

Last edited:
"And I don't give a damn what stats you post."

By this statement alone, you are unwilling to take into account facts. And despite this, you continue to post Kinsler > Fielder, which is with the intent to stir the pot. Hence the baiting and/or trolling. So, not understanding stats belong to the players (I just post them), you pretty much don't have a concept of word definitions.

Like I said, I will take Kinsler OVER Fielder NOW and for the rest of their careers. I stated that plain and simple, you can disagree and post past stats as if they are relevant, but they are not.

Trolling is to incite an argument even if you don't believe it.

You get angry about it and lash out personal attacks because YOU are the troll.

Like I said, learn the definition of the words you speak and/or get lost.

Last edited:
Like I said, I will take Kinsler OVER Fielder NOW and for the rest of their careers. I stated that plain and simple, you can disagree and post past stats as if they are relevant, but they are not.

This

You are citing me as the one with the personal attacks. LOL.

I and most knowledgeable baseball people will tell you past stats can be predictive. Fine, you can say anything, but where is your basis? Your contempt is based on subjectivity and have no objective balance. Got it.

And I will post again. This debate doesn't end based on one lone season. It continues for 2-3 years. Until then, your constant "Kinsler > Fielder" is trolling for an argument and wanting to incite mine or someone else's response. The true definition of being a troll. You are posting for the good of the board, but to stir emotions.

Again, where are the personal attacks? Quote one thing where I attacked someone personally. Please please show me these personal attacks.

Attacking a point of view is not attacking the person.

Last edited:
You are citing me as the one with the personal attacks. LOL.

I and most knowledgeable baseball people will tell you past stats can be predictive.

You are posting for the good of the board, but to stir emotions.

Yes I am because that's what you did, and you made a fool out of yourself in doing so and attempting to defend your ignorance.

Stats CAN be predictive, key word is can. Fielder is a VERY fat man, and has never been much of a hard worker and has a nonchalant attitude, is a HORRIBLE PLAYER in the postseason. There is a very good reason to think a quick and major regression is going to happen, it's just a matter of when, we could be seeing it right now (I believe we are). If he's not producing offense, he is irrelevant on a baseball field. Kinsler adds so many more dimensions to the game than Fielder it's laughable, and Fielder's only a hitter and nothing else. His contract is a joke. I'm taking Kinsler going forward for this team, PERIOD. And wrong again, I did not post that to 'stir emotions', MANY Tigers fans out there share the same sentiment I do.

I don't see a problem with saying Kinsler is better than Fielder. He should be able to have an opinion.

I don't see a problem with saying Kinsler is better than Fielder. He should be able to have an opinion.

Exactly.

Fielder showed signs of regression last year, all of his stats were down significantly from his career numbers, and he was awful in the postseason, he really didn't seem to care. Much of his hitting is based on an over-aggressive swing and pulling pitchers mistakes, and his eye at the plate regressed (he posted his 2nd lowest BB for his career last year).

Kinsler is going to provide superior defense, speed/baserunning, and could very well outproduce Fielder's offense, it wouldn't surprise me if Kinsler has a higher OPS than Fielder even playing half his games in Texas. Kinsler has a much much better chance of living up to his contract than Fielder does, i'm glad we have him over Prince all day.

Back