Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Alex Gonzalez released

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers release Alex Gonzalez. The experiment is over. Tigers bring up Danny Worth.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

I'm really glad he's gone, but it now means we essentially traded Fister for just Ray and Krol. ugh.

Last edited:
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

I'm really glad he's gone, but it now means we essentially traded Fister for just Ray and Krol. ugh.

Yep, and gave a young infielder away to Baltimore for literally nothing. Dumbrowski has pissed me off the last several months.

The best part? We owe him his entire $1.1m salary...for 9 games.

Fuck you, DD.

Who's we? Last I knew big Mike handled all money for this team.

Good point. Next time you post something like "we need to beat X team" I'll ask what uniform # you are wearing.

I mean come on. everyone here uses "we" when referring to "our" team. This is ridiculous nitpicking.

Good point. Next time you post something like "we need to beat X team" I'll ask what uniform # you are wearing.

I mean come on. everyone here uses "we" when referring to "our" team. This is ridiculous nitpicking.

That was more a shot at the money being owed. Not sure why so many people worry about it. If Mr I wants to piss his money away why the fuck should anyone here care? I never call people out for that when referring to the team.

Last edited:
That was more a shot at the money being owed. Not sure why so many people worry about it. If Mr I wants to piss his money away why the fuck should anyone here care? I never call people out for that when referring to the team.

People care about our owners pissing money away, because it's bad business. If it's bad for business then it's bad for the Tigers. You can't just throw money around forever.

People care about our owners pissing money away, because it's bad business. If it's bad for business then it's bad for the Tigers. You can't just throw money around forever.

I don't not my money. Whether they spend 150m or 20m I just want them to win.

I don't not my money. Whether they spend 150m or 20m I just want them to win.

The fans pay money to go see the games, and they buy all the Tigers merchandise. The fans buy Little Caesar's pizza etc. There's nothing wrong with being concerned with how a business we have an investment in is run, even if it's merely an emotional investment. Obviously a million dollars is not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things for Illitch, but I don't like seeing the Tigers just throw away money at all.

Who cares? It was a stupid move no matter who is paying the money.

You're being ridiculous.

I agree it was a stupid, knee jerk reaction move. That wasn't my point. What I was getting at was that I could care less if Mike Illitch is out a million dollars. It doesn't effect any of us here.

I agree it was a stupid, knee jerk reaction move. That wasn't my point. What I was getting at was that I could care less if Mike Illitch is out a million dollars. It doesn't effect any of us here.

Your "point" was nitpicky, pointless, and seemingly intended only to start a useless argument. Please knock it off.

Last edited:
When the hell did everyone get so fucking sensitive on this forum? If people cant take someone responding with a different opinion to their posts, they shouldn't even be here. My point is dead on accurate, how Illitch spends his money has ZERO effect on anyone here. I didn't call anyone names or personally attack anyone so I'd appreciate the same respect in return.

Last edited:
When the hell did everyone get so fucking sensitive on this forum? If people cant take someone questioning their posts, they shouldn't even be here. My point is dead on accurate, how Illitch spends his money has ZERO effect on anyone here. I didn't call anyone names or personally attack anyone so I'd appreciate the same respect in return.

and that's just it, you question the same guy over and over, it started with when he said We.
maybe You should back off,

the other guy shouldn't have to be wary of which one is going to dismiss hard cold numbers that don't lie,

and that's just it, you question the same guy over and over, it started with when he said We.
maybe You should back off,

the other guy shouldn't have to be wary of which one is going to dismiss hard cold numbers that don't lie,

When have I EVER had an argument with Spock????? What numbers are you talking about?

The fans pay money to go see the games, and they buy all the Tigers merchandise. The fans buy Little Caesar's pizza etc. There's nothing wrong with being concerned with how a business we have an investment in is run, even if it's merely an emotional investment. Obviously a million dollars is not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things for Illitch, but I don't like seeing the Tigers just throw away money at all.

But I don't. I don't go to games, not in a long time. I don't buy merchandise and I certainly don't eat his pizza.

When the hell did everyone get so fucking sensitive on this forum? If people cant take someone responding with a different opinion to their posts, they shouldn't even be here. My point is dead on accurate, how Illitch spends his money has ZERO effect on anyone here. I didn't call anyone names or personally attack anyone so I'd appreciate the same respect in return.

Questioning opinions and starting discussions is one thing, snarky comments like "Who's we? Last I knew big Mike handled all money for this team." intended to mock and start a pointless argument, are quite another.

I am also unaware of any personal attacks I've made against you in this thread, and I didn't call you any names either, unless you count me calling you out on your orignial post being ridiculous (which it is) as namecalling or something. Frankly, I believe I've been fairly calm and respectful so far.

Back