Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Harbaugh visiting the graves of Tall Men Who Came Before

Gulo would be proud

You'd think, but sometimes he comes out of left field with what he approves/disapproves of. He might think this disrespects the rivalry or something, or have some taboo about visiting graves.

Nope. I like this. But he probably can't do it next year. It has to be a low key thing. Big crowds would ruin it.

No cheerleaders or bands or microphones or Dave Brandoning. But a few words and a smashed buckeye, I like.

I guess if he changed up the day each year he could keep doing it if he wants. Do it Monday next year. Wednesday the year after that. Just so it stays small.

If you want to get really nit-picky, I see smashing a buckeye as more of a Ufer thing than a Schembechler thing.

RFLMAO!!! What a fruit cake.

Seriously, running around desecrating graves in the middle of the night? What a clown.

RFLMAO!!! What a fruit cake.

Seriously, running around desecrating graves in the middle of the night? What a clown.

Fruit cake, huh? You mean like these two bitches?

connor-cook-mike-sadler-prom.jpg

The meltdown when Harbaugh implodes Michigan Football is going to be visible from other planets. This dude is a loon, loons like him don't leave a path of flowers in their wake, they leave paths of garbage.

Seriously? A grown man is running around in a cemetery at night with a hammer and some nuts, smashing them??? You can't write something more pathetic and embarrassing. Can you imagine Urban doing something as pathetic and attention whoring as this 4 nights before a big game? The guy is a total fruit loop and the rest of the country is laughing at him and shaking their heads.

And UM fans are really eating this crap up with a spoon? What the hell is wrong with people? Surely no UM grad thinks this is anything but embarrassing? Dude is corny as hell.

The meltdown when Harbaugh implodes Michigan Football is going to be visible from other planets. This dude is a loon, loons like him don't leave a path of flowers in their wake, they leave paths of garbage.

Seriously? A grown man is running around in a cemetery at night with a hammer and some nuts, smashing them??? You can't write something more pathetic and embarrassing. Can you imagine Urban doing something as pathetic and attention whoring as this 4 nights before a big game? The guy is a total fruit loop and the rest of the country is laughing at him and shaking their heads.

And UM fans are really eating this crap up with a spoon? What the hell is wrong with people? Surely no UM grad thinks this is anything but embarrassing? Dude is corny as hell.

STFU and GTFO of our solemn thread. it's REAL rivalry week between storied programs, dickhead.

STFU and GTFO of our solemn thread. it's REAL rivalry week between storied programs, dickhead.

Don't try to explain to him what tradition is. He's not intelligent enough to understand and he isn't going to be able to relate. Let's face it, they've had a good 6-8 year run, but it'll be back to the norm within the next 1-2 years and he'll be telling his grandkids/3rd cousins about "The Decade of MSU" for years to come. Of course, he'll leave out the part about it coinciding with the worst 7 year period in Michigan's history, but who bothers to look at details when they're clearly the greatest program in the history of CFB.

john hasn't been this excited since the pictures of a shirtless harbaugh were making the rounds.

and what better way to spend the week leading up to 'your' team playing for the BigTen East title than to spend it on the MICHIGAN message board, obsessing over a football coach.

One UM Alum posted this:

"The Michigan fans who participate in this cemetery walk are mental. They have become so consumed with the “culture of Michigan” and the idea that it makes the school, the football team, and, ultimately, THEMSELVES, special and unique that they’ve lost touch with reality. And make no mistake: all of this pomp and circumstance to “honor the past” is really all about THEM. So they can use it to prove that they are better and more special than other fan bases and even other UM fans.
This bothers me because, as a Michigan alum, I WANT to root for the Wolverines and to have fun being completely invested in the team. But I can’t because I refuse to be lumped in with such an embarrassing, infuriating and delusional group of fans. In fact, it’s come to the point that I now get more enjoyment out of seeing these fans being miserable than I do seeing Michigan’s teams do well. And I don’t see that changing until the majority of Michigan fans see things like the cemetery walk for what they truly are: desperate and pathetic cries for attention..."

That would be the normal reaction to something as pathetic as this.

One UM Alum posted this:

"The Michigan fans who participate in this cemetery walk are mental. They have become so consumed with the ?culture of Michigan? and the idea that it makes the school, the football team, and, ultimately, THEMSELVES, special and unique that they?ve lost touch with reality. And make no mistake: all of this pomp and circumstance to ?honor the past? is really all about THEM. So they can use it to prove that they are better and more special than other fan bases and even other UM fans.
This bothers me because, as a Michigan alum, I WANT to root for the Wolverines and to have fun being completely invested in the team. But I can?t because I refuse to be lumped in with such an embarrassing, infuriating and delusional group of fans. In fact, it?s come to the point that I now get more enjoyment out of seeing these fans being miserable than I do seeing Michigan?s teams do well. And I don?t see that changing until the majority of Michigan fans see things like the cemetery walk for what they truly are: desperate and pathetic cries for attention..."

68716183bbbd59631f4246205160c41dd89c120ba8a0330a81d5dfceb57eb5e0.jpg

One UM Alum posted this:

"The Michigan fans who participate in this cemetery walk are mental. They have become so consumed with the ?culture of Michigan? and the idea that it makes the school, the football team, and, ultimately, THEMSELVES, special and unique that they?ve lost touch with reality. And make no mistake: all of this pomp and circumstance to ?honor the past? is really all about THEM. So they can use it to prove that they are better and more special than other fan bases and even other UM fans.
This bothers me because, as a Michigan alum, I WANT to root for the Wolverines and to have fun being completely invested in the team. But I can?t because I refuse to be lumped in with such an embarrassing, infuriating and delusional group of fans. In fact, it?s come to the point that I now get more enjoyment out of seeing these fans being miserable than I do seeing Michigan?s teams do well. And I don?t see that changing until the majority of Michigan fans see things like the cemetery walk for what they truly are: desperate and pathetic cries for attention..."

One MSU alum posted this:

"OMFG, I am so god damn annoying. We - MSU alums - are so fucking pathetic. It's been a couple decades since we didn't get accepted to MICHIGAN, and we're still attacking the school, it's sports teams, alums and fans at every chance we get. Even out of context, and out of place... funerals, job interviews, at Thanksgiving dinner, you name it. Seriously... we can't shut up! We can't just let go and act normal! I, and the rest of my fellow spartans, should really just kill ourselves. The world would honestly be a better place."

Back