Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2014 head coach

detrisin

Make your nominations now.

Jon Gruden -- despite having a pretty good O, he'd take them up a level.

Or Mike Zimmer -- bet he would bring some accountability to the D.

My absolutely not head coach -- Brian Billick.

I don't understand why any of these former coaches would give up that tv gig. It's perfect. I am constantly involved with football, get paid well, get to be around all the players and coaches, get to evaluate and criticize...and I never have any of the pressure coaching or 90 hour work weeks.

There's a reason why Cowher and Gruden are still on the tv panels. They've gotten a taste of the good life and they don't want to go back.

Ray Horton, Zimmer, Lovie. Pretty suss year for coaching candidates.

I don't think any retired coach would want to come here and try to sort this mess out.

Probably stuck with Schwartz. Ownership has no balls. If these assholes actually ran Ford Motors the company wouldn't exist.

Last edited:
Gruden is not leaving tv. Neither is Cowher. Schwartz is back

Detroit: Where HCing careers come to die...

Not sure if Schwartz would've had much success anywhere else, a lot of the problems on this team can be traced back to him.

Schwartz will be fired if we don't make the playoffs. He was going to be canned last year but because we were stupid enough to pay for the anomaly we kept him on. Bring on Zimm Zimmer whose got the keys to ma beamer.

I wish it wasn't Schwartz......

But it will be.

This team is stuck as is with him as coach.

My hope is that with whatever talent there is on the team, it's enough for a good coach to think that there is enough there to make a quick turnaround. I think it's possible, but not with this shithead coaching staff. The players say all the right things these days but never put to practice what they "know".

"We know how important these last 4 games are". Bullshit. "This team has confidence in Akers and his ability to make FGs". I can't even keep a straight face on that one.

This fucking team hasn't even won the division outright in TWENTY FUCKING YEARS. They won't even do it this year. But they'll sure as hell come into next year mad as hell ready to make it right. And if Schwartz is HC next year then their will will be broken and we'll see 2-14 seasons again. Same old shit, different toilet.

So many frustrating games this season... Only guy that can fix this mess is
Bill Cowher... Maybe Gruden..sorry if I spelled the names wrong.. We really need a
different defensive coordinator.. I just think the game has passed Gunther by.
Team should have 9 or 10 wins and we get this shit...

My hope is that with whatever talent there is on the team, it's enough for a good coach to think that there is enough there to make a quick turnaround. I think it's possible, but not with this shithead coaching staff. The players say all the right things these days but never put to practice what they "know".

"We know how important these last 4 games are". Bullshit. "This team has confidence in Akers and his ability to make FGs". I can't even keep a straight face on that one.

This fucking team hasn't even won the division outright in TWENTY FUCKING YEARS. They won't even do it this year. But they'll sure as hell come into next year mad as hell ready to make it right. And if Schwartz is HC next year then their will will be broken and we'll see 2-14 seasons again. Same old shit, different toilet.

I hoping the easy fix is a draw for candidates too but Houston is out there, Washington likely too.

I hoping the easy fix is a draw for candidates too but Houston is out there, Washington likely too.

Houston links to Gruden have merit. Keep Phillips running the D, and Gruden comes in with his pick at QB in the draft and an established running game. Still can't believe Houston sucks so bad. Glad other teams get to taste that type of monumental collapse.

Back