Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 NFC Playoff Thread

It's over. As soon as you can admit that, we can focus on important things like losing more to get a higher draft pick and praying Caldwell gets canned.

They’ll probably get the worst non-playoff pick and keep Caldwell. I don’t mind the first part if they have a legitimate shot to get in, but they should probably start thinking about next season if they lose in the next week or two. Losing could be tough though, everyone they face after Baltimore might be playing for a higher pick too.

Last edited:
Quinn will hit on pick 10 or pick 32. It doesn't matter

This team can win out. You know it, I know it. 4-1 could still get us in at 10-6 too if the one loss is to Ravens/Bengals.

This team can win out. You know it, I know it. 4-1 could still get us in at 10-6 too if the one loss is to Ravens/Bengals.

I expect this team to win out, they should be favored in every game except Baltimore (which is basically even without the HFA bump). Whether they actually do it or not, we?ll see. They regularly beat bad teams under Caldwell, all signs point to a good finish and potential wild card...anything less would be a huge disappointment.

You expect the Lions to win out? What have they done recently to prove that they can do that? Baltimore and Cincinatti are basically the same team as the Lions, and they have us at home. I don't trust this team in ANY game. They were a Deshaun Kizer injury away from potentially losing to the worst team in football. They needed a kicker to forget how to kick in order to avoid OT.

Last edited:
I expect this team to win out, they should be favored in every game except Baltimore (which is basically even without the HFA bump). Whether they actually do it or not, we?ll see. They regularly beat bad teams under Caldwell, all signs point to a good finish and potential wild card...anything less would be a huge disappointment.

I watched the game last night and the Ravens didn't impress me.

@ Balt 40/60 chance to win
@ TB 65/35
vs Chi 65/35
@ Cin 50/50
GB 55/45

Most likely scenario is 4-1 finish
2nd is 3-2
3rd is 5-0
4th is 2-3
5th is 0-5

You expect the Lions to win out? What have they done recently to prove that they can do that? Baltimore and Cincinatti are basically the same team as the Lions, and they have us at home. I don't trust this team in ANY game. They were a Deshaun Kizer injury away from potentially losing to the worst team in football. They needed a kicker to forget how to kick in order to avoid OT.

Lions beat the Browns with Kizer and beat the Bears. Tough kick. Prater worth the money, Barth gets cut. Lions beat the Vikings on the road too and Giants. Lions beat a feisty 5-6 Arizona team.

And Detroit was as close as you can get to beating Falcons and Steelers. They had a shot late against Vikings, Saints and Panthers too despite some injuries.

This is a good team. Now they can prove it in the final 5 and more.

Here's what they are. They are the 8th best team in the NFC. And if GB has Rodgers back or is going up against the Lions for a playoff spot, they'll smoke us.

This team has no heart, no fight, and have a habit of falling down double digits early. They aren't good. Period, end of discussion.

Based on their history, yes. They?ve shown they can beat bad teams under Caldwell, they just can?t beat good teams consistently.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017...cord-trap-games-jim-caldwell-cleveland-browns

Anything less than a division title or playoff win in a huge disappointment. They'd had enough time to one or the other.

Anything less than a division title or playoff win in a huge disappointment. They'd had enough time to one or the other.

Completely agree. It?s not like they were drafting top 5 a few years ago and are finally turning the corner, they?ve been in ?competitive mode? for a while now and they seem to have plateaued as a fringe WC team.

They have no track record of doing so, and until the Lions actually walk the walk, and not just talk the talk, then it is reasonable to doubt that they can or will win out.

Last edited:
Based on their history, yes. They?ve shown they can beat bad teams under Caldwell, they just can?t beat good teams consistently.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017...cord-trap-games-jim-caldwell-cleveland-browns

Well, they've also shown they can lose to shit teams as well.

And I would always be very careful when trying to spin their history as a positive. This is the worst organization in the NFL historically.

If we don't use history, what we've seen THIS YEAR is a team that gets down early and often and has to play miracle ball to catch up. They lost the division on Thanksgiving, so they are playing for some crap wild card bid. They don't have any heart and don't have the talent to beat anyone with a pulse.

And I would always be very careful when trying to spin their history as a positive. This is the worst organization in the NFL historically.

If we don't use history, what we've seen THIS YEAR is a team that gets down early and often and has to play miracle ball to catch up. They lost the division on Thanksgiving, so they are playing for some crap wild card bid. They don't have any heart and don't have the talent to beat anyone with a pulse.

Not lately. The worst team they?ve lost to this season is probably either the Falcons or Panthers, that?s actually reasonable. You can argue how they?ve looked in games against bad teams, but they ultimately won...it?s hardly different than certain posters bullshitting about losses that were actually true wins. They look awfully ugly at times, but they still find a way. This team, as currently constructed, beats bad teams and loses to good teams, they?re perfectly mediocre.

They beat the Vikings. Soooooo

Good for them. Vikes are a completely different team now. They've figured shit out. Lions can't seem to ever do that.

You go pat Caldwell on the back for that win. Meanwhile, Zimmer's looking back at us 3 games back and laughing.

Good for them. Vikes are a completely different team now. They've figured shit out. Lions can't seem to ever do that.

You go pat Caldwell on the back for that win. Meanwhile, Zimmer's looking back at us 3 games back and laughing.

Yep. I will say this though. Despite missing on a lot of throws, Stafford had that defense reeling more than anybody has since the Vikings went on their run. We competed with that good team, even though Stafford wasn't at his best. Stafford makes this team look a lot better than they are

Back