Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 draft lottery odds

Watch the Hawks and Oilers win. That will be hilarious.

If the Hawks win then we know it is rigged. I find it amazing after all those great draft picks that the Oilers only had a few good years. Not sure why if they get it I will not be as upset as if the Hawks get it.

If the Hawks win then we know it is rigged. I find it amazing after all those great draft picks that the Oilers only had a few good years. Not sure why if they get it I will not be as upset as if the Hawks get it.

My points from earlier. Top picks aren't a guarantee. Hell, look at Buffalo. They had a shit season, drafted Eichel at 2, who btw I don't see any better than Larkin who was drafted 15, were decent and then sucked again for the past 2 seasons.

Last edited:
My points from earlier. Top picks aren't a guarantee. Hell, look at Buffalo. They had a shit season, drafted Eichel at 2, who btw I don't see any better than Larkin who was drafted 15, were decent and then sucked again for the past 2 seasons.

You keep trumpeting that statement when it's clear to 99% of the rest of us that having a higher pick increases the chances of getting the guy that YOU want as an organization. "Just draft right" is a lot simpler when you have more, better options. Obviously.

And nobody is saying that drafting a stud changes your entire team. A lot of times it's a building block. Are you really making the implication that Eichel made Edmonton worse? Because a lot more has happened with that team than just that.

Find me ONE article that is blaming Eichel and not Talbot's poor play, the loss of Eberle, and or Lucic's shit play on a 40+ million dollar contract. I'd love to see it.

Last edited:
You keep trumpeting that statement when it's clear to 99% of the rest of us that having a higher pick increases the chances of getting the guy that YOU want as an organization. "Just draft right" is a lot simpler when you have more, better options. Obviously.

And nobody is saying that drafting a stud changes your entire team. A lot of times it's a building block. Are you really making the implication that Eichel made Edmonton worse? Because a lot more has happened with that team than just that.

Find me ONE article that is blaming Eichel and not Talbot's poor play, the loss of Eberle, and or Lucic's shit play on a 40+ million dollar contract. I'd love to see it.

My point was that you need more than a top pick. And that Larkin at 15 is as good as Eichel at 2. I basically am saying you need many players to build a good team. Which is why rooting for them to lose/tank gets them nothing --

I understand the injuries and the under-performances it just seemed like others wanted a top 3 pick because they thought it'd make us a playoff team suddenly. Maybe I read that wrong. I just don't understand the "meaningless win" statement in January.. Why watch hoping they lose? "And Larkin SCORES" Oh shit.

Maybe we got too complacent with 25 years straight.. This is exciting time for the Wings. Some good young talent, lots of picks -- I'm looking forward to it. End of the day we still finished 5th worse and with 5 of the past 6 drafts the worst team didn't get top pick anyway.. I guess we'll just have to disagree on this one.

Problem is all of Holland'a bad contracts. Team has a bunch of nice young talent but some of the backloaded contracts are just terrible.

Problem is all of Holland'a bad contracts. Team has a bunch of nice young talent but some of the backloaded contracts are just terrible.

That is a problem. Unfortunately, I can't see a way to unload them.

Back