Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 Free Agency

The #Titans are signing CB Malcolm Butler on a 5-year contract worth more than $61M with more than $30M guaranteed, source said.

Isaiah Crowell intends to sign a 3-year deal with the NY Jets, per source.

Former Panthers' RB Jonathan Stewart is expected to sign with the New York Giants, per source. Rejoins his former Panthers' OC Mike Shula in NY.

New York Jets jump into free agency, reportedly will sign CB Trumaine Johnson.

Last edited:
Almost everyone weve been connected too has signed elsewhere. Don't really mind on the case of butler... more than 11mil a year... he's not that good.

At this point id take a 1 year flier on #2 vet cb like drc, claiborne or Jonathan Joseph. Put money into a starting dt now that ngata is gone. Hurry up...fa isn't patient this year.

Everyone in division has signed big names as packers just signed Wilkerson as well. Meanwhile we have a few obscure linebackers...yay..I’m sure everyone will tell me how crazy I am and how these guys add depth just like last year when I said we signed a bunch of scrubs on defense that wouldn’t make much of an impact and I was right. Not a single defensive player we signed last year was worth a shit. I remember people thinking Worrilow was going to be the answer, or Spence and Washington. ��

Last edited:
And the butler deal was terrible. He had like a 100 qb rating when targeted last year. It was about 80 the year before which still isn?t outstanding.

Everyone in division has signed big names as packers just signed Wilkerson as well. Meanwhile we have a few obscure linebackers...yay..I?m sure everyone will tell me how crazy I am and how these guys add depth just like last year when I said we signed a bunch of scrubs on defense that wouldn?t make much of an impact and I was right. Not a single defensive player we signed last year was worth a shit. I remember people thinking Worrilow was going to be the answer, or Spence and Washington. ��

Packers cut Jordy and add Jimmy Graham. Not sure I would be happy with that if I was a Cheesehead.

At this point id take a 1 year flier on #2 vet cb like drc, claiborne or Jonathan Joseph. Put money into a starting dt now that ngata is gone. Hurry up...fa isn't patient this year.

I'd like to see them make a run at Poe.

Everyone in division has signed big names as packers just signed Wilkerson as well. Meanwhile we have a few obscure linebackers...yay..I’m sure everyone will tell me how crazy I am and how these guys add depth just like last year when I said we signed a bunch of scrubs on defense that wouldn’t make much of an impact and I was right. Not a single defensive player we signed last year was worth a shit. I remember people thinking Worrilow was going to be the answer, or Spence and Washington. ��

And Wilkerson is a headcase. Fuck him and the Packers.
I don't remember one single person on this board claiming Worrilow was "the answer". Me personally, I liked his run stopping ability a few yrs back and thought a change of scenery was going to help him contribute here. I was wrong. So what?
Kennard and Jones fit what Patricia wants obviously. Versatile LBs who can do a little bit of everything. Jones missed one tackle last yr against the run I guess. He was the #1 LB aginst the run for a player with 150 snaps I believe. I'll take it. Kennard has some giddyup to him and can rush the passer a bit who plays well in space. Give them a chance.
Quinn isn't dumping money on headcases or has beens. This is refreshing actually. Not everyone is Ray fkn Lewis or Reggie White. We got 2 young LBs that should play off the jump.

Last edited:
Tabor is the future number 2. Lawson has played well in past years and could be slot. Wilson back gives diggs versatility for slot. Pkus killebrew has one last chance with new coaching staff

Kennard is a legit starter. Davis and reeves mabin grow in year 2

Still need dline and power back. Looking at beau allen from the eagles

Browns to sign Carlos Hyde

Stupid move. They could have Barkley at #1 but are going to sign Hyde??

Last edited:
Browns to sign Carlos Hyde

Stupid move. They could have Barkley at #1 but are going to sign Hyde??

Last season was Hyde's first 16 game season. I agree with you. I would have taken Barkley at 1 and take your QB at 4. But that is the Browns, dumb move after dumb move.

Last season was Hyde's first 16 game season. I agree with you. I would have taken Barkley at 1 and take your QB at 4. But that is the Browns, dumb move after dumb move.

Absolutely.....Barkley is a can't miss star.......but the Browns will let him go. Someone's always got to be the smartest guy in the room?is Jimmy Schwartz running that franchise?

I bet they take qb at 1 and trade their 4 for buffalos 2 picks. Or qb at 1 and minkah Fitzpatrick at 4. If they have their eye on different people than hyde makes sense actually. Taylor, hyde and Landry... not a bad off season.

Tabor is the future number 2. Lawson has played well in past years and could be slot. Wilson back gives diggs versatility for slot. Pkus killebrew has one last chance with new coaching staff

Kennard is a legit starter. Davis and reeves mabin grow in year 2

Still need dline and power back. Looking at beau allen from the eagles

I HOPE Tabor is......but there is zero way to tell that by his performance last year. New coaching staff may not like what he brings to the table, either. It's the NFL in 2018.....can't have enough depth.....especially at CB.

Bring in Melvin.

I bet they take qb at 1 and trade their 4 for buffalos 2 picks. Or qb at 1 and minkah Fitzpatrick at 4. If they have their eye on different people than hyde makes sense actually. Taylor, hyde and Landry... not a bad off season.

Hyde won't stay healthy. Landry is a locker room cancer. That why Miami moved him. Name recognition offseason is good but team improvement isn't as good as it looks. Taylor is the only guy I like that they got so far and he is on a 1 yr deal. He will be a free agent next year and nobody resigns in Cleveland.

Back