Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2019 Comerica Park Attendance number

motownwebguy

Lets take a stab at this. Lets do an over-under estimation.

I'll go first with this over-under number below. So I'm hanging on this injury ledge again and I'm predicting Cabrera misses half the season..... again! Miggy still has the ability to draw many fans inside the ballpark.... win or lose. He has the ability to add 200K fans in 2019, just by appearing on the lineup card everyday.

1.6M (that's my pick)

Wow, that's high. I think we drew 1.8M fans in 2018 and your number indiciates either Miggy will remain healthy, and/or the Tigers W-L record improves by 10.

Interesting take on this summer. You are carrying a positive attitude. My attitude says that if Castellanos gets traded for prospects this winter, my predicted number may drop to 1.4M and Copa gets renamed to Ghostown Ballpark.

Last edited:
Wow, that's high. I think we drew 1.8M fans in 2018 and your number indiciates either Miggy will remain healthy, and/or the Tigers W-L record improves by 10.

Interesting take on this summer. You are carrying a positive attitude.

Not a whole lot of thought went into it.

Clown shoes Avila and his front office of complacent idiots deluxe haven't done anything to show me they want to be competitive next year.
Attendance will take another hit.
They will try to have specials at home and bring the great from yesteryear back to Comerica, but the team on the field imo will be as bad or worse than the past two seasons.
1.5 million

1.65m*

*if Castellanos isn't traded. and Cabrera plays for most of next season.

Last edited:
Attendance in 2017 was 1.85M, which was 22nd. That was 500K less than they had in 2016. I see another drop, but not by that much.

1.55M

Attendance in 2017 was 1.85M, which was 22nd. That was 500K less than they had in 2016. I see another drop, but not by that much.

1.55M

I think a 15% drop in attendance is significant. A 15% increase certainly would be.

when I said not that much, I was referring to the 500K drop from 2016 to 2017

Ok. A drop of 15% in attendance YOY is still significant. So is an attendance drop of 35% over three years, if your prediction is accurate. And I think you mean '17 to '18 in the 500K drop in attendance.

Ok. A drop of 15% in attendance YOY is still significant. So is an attendance drop of 35% over three years, if your prediction is accurate. And I think you mean '17 to '18 in the 500K drop in attendance.

yup..17-18

This issue would be including "win or lose". A healthy and productive Cabrera is way better for this team than without. That would mean more wins. More wins is better for attendance.

As long as the medical staff (and Miggy) do not allow him to "play through" injuries, I have no reservations that Miggy will be productive. That production might not be at Miggy's peak, but it will be games and games above any other stiff DET could put out on the field.

This issue would be including "win or lose". A healthy and productive Cabrera is way better for this team than without. That would mean more wins. More wins is better for attendance.

As long as the medical staff (and Miggy) do not allow him to "play through" injuries, I have no reservations that Miggy will be productive. That production might not be at Miggy's peak, but it will be games and games above any other stiff DET could put out on the field.

I don't think Miggy will play hurt anymore. He knows that the team sucks and he's guaranteed his money.

Back