Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2019 NHL Draft Thread

Russia under18, 114 points in 31 games.

His 60 points in 60 gp in the MHL (minor Russian) puts him 8th in league scoring. He is also from Datsyuk's hometown and might play on same team this upcoming season.

Only took 12 PIM that season as well.

His 60 points in 60 gp in the MHL (minor Russian) puts him 8th in league scoring. He is also from Datsyuk's hometown and might play on same team this upcoming season.

Only took 12 PIM that season as well.
From what I read he was playing with players much older than he was.

He was in the MHL which is typically a junior league. I think 20 is max age in that league.

Not too versed on Russian junior league though.

Hakan Anderson hopes that Albert Johansson can grow from 6 to 6'2 or 6'3.

His father and both his brothers are supposedly around that height, it wouldn't be unheard of a player that young to still grow a bit.

Hakan Anderson hopes that Albert Johansson can grow from 6 to 6'2 or 6'3.

His father and both his brothers are supposedly around that height, it wouldn't be unheard of a player that young to still grow a bit.
I was 5.0 Feet at 13. 5.10 Feet at 15-16 and by 18 was a bit over 6 Foot. I grew to 6.5 Foot by 22, when I stopped growing. You never know.

How do undrafted players work.. Do they need to be age 20 before a team can sign them? What about the ones who didn't get drafted this season, age 18, do they go back in the draft the following year?

Last edited:
North American 18-20 must go through draft. After age 20 they can sign as FA

Rest of World 18-21 must go through draft. Else they can still be drafted or signed as free agent.

I think rest of world can be drafted at later age if you want their exclusive rights. I do recall Franzen was drafted in his mid 20s.

Last edited:
Back