Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2021 Free Agency and Cap Cuts

Saw a lot of Buffalo fans bummed about this saying he played well enough to be their full time starter. He'll have a shot to start.

A guy like Jevon Holland in the draft could be a bigger target now because hes more of a fluid/flexible guy that can play multiple positions. He could be a good 3rd safety that comes in to cover TEs.

I had us waiting on safety until rd 3 to pick up a starter over Harris. Holland would need to be picked in rd 2 if they went that direction.

Last edited:
Saw a lot of Buffalo fans bummed about this saying he played well enough to be their full time starter. He'll have a shot to start.

A guy like Jevon Holland in the draft could be a bigger target now because hes more of a fluid/flexible guy that can play multiple positions. He could be a good 3rd safety that comes in to cover TEs.

I had us waiting on safety until rd 3 to pick up a starter over Harris. Holland would need to be picked in rd 2 if they went that direction.

Wouldn't mind Holland Round 2.
Parsons Round 1, Holland Round 2, then try the shotgun approach at WR. Take a WR with both 3rd round picks. Round 4 find a nose tackle.

Dline solid with Flowers, Brockers/Williams/Cornell, Round 4 nose/Penisini/Hand/Okwaras/Charles Harris,
LB Parson/Collins/Anzalone/JRM/Dion-Hamiton (ST)
AO/Okudah/Elder/Dunbar/Ford and Walker/Holland/Marlowe/CJ Moore

Round 5 take a OT swing tackle (next Crosby)

Wouldn't mind Holland Round 2.
Parsons Round 1, Holland Round 2, then try the shotgun approach at WR. Take a WR with both 3rd round picks. Round 4 find a nose tackle.

Dline solid with Flowers, Brockers/Williams/Cornell, Round 4 nose/Penisini/Hand/Okwaras/Charles Harris,
LB Parson/Collins/Anzalone/JRM/Dion-Hamiton (ST)
AO/Okudah/Elder/Dunbar/Ford and Walker/Holland/Marlowe/CJ Moore

Round 5 take a OT swing tackle (next Crosby)

I like it. Holland or Richie Grant would make sense in Rd 2.

Id probably go Tackle at the end of rd 3 instead of doubling up on WR. Hope that Raymond or Ratley can contribute.

Rd 4 grab that rotational DT with upside.

Its possible they see Marlowe as the guy at S and then i think OLmay become the target in rd 2.

23 Teven Jenkins Okla. St. Sr OL 5 6-6 320
35 Jalen Mayfield Michigan Jr OL 6 6-5 320
37 Alex Leatherwood Alabama Sr OL 7 6-6 312
47 Jackson Carman Clemson Jr OL 8 6-5 335
52 Creed Humphrey Oklahoma Jr OL 9 6-5 320
54 Wyatt Davis Ohio St. Jr OL 10 6-4 315
67 Dillon Radunz N. Dakota St. Sr OL 11 6-6 299
68 Samuel Cosmi Texas Jr OL 12 6-7 309

Last edited:
I like it. Holland or Richie Grant would make sense in Rd 2.

Id probably go Tackle at the end of rd 3 instead of doubling up on WR. Hope that Raymond or Ratley can contribute.

Rd 4 grab that rotational DT with upside.

Its possible they see Marlowe as the guy at S and then i think OLmay become the target in rd 2.

23 Teven Jenkins Okla. St. Sr OL 5 6-6 320
35 Jalen Mayfield Michigan Jr OL 6 6-5 320
37 Alex Leatherwood Alabama Sr OL 7 6-6 312
47 Jackson Carman Clemson Jr OL 8 6-5 335
52 Creed Humphrey Oklahoma Jr OL 9 6-5 320
54 Wyatt Davis Ohio St. Jr OL 10 6-4 315
67 Dillon Radunz N. Dakota St. Sr OL 11 6-6 299
68 Samuel Cosmi Texas Jr OL 12 6-7 309

Would not mind a RT on day 2/Round 2 at all. Crosby not the answer but can start and do enough but in a contract year. They are moving Vaitai to guard. 4 years of a cheap good tackle would be nice. And would give us depth at least for 2021 with Crosby on the bench

K...i think im done changing my mind. If were sticking and picking im sold that #7 should be a OT. I really dont have a preference between Sewell or Slater...both might be there if 5 and 6 are weapons (Pitts and Chase). Slater actually played RT so while the concensus is Sewell is the better prospect...Slater actually has played the position we would need him at.

Lions are notorious for almost getting a unit fixed/complete...then stopping. Oline is a perfect example. Some great pieces...then you look at the right side and it less than stellar. DC and Lynn want to run the ball. Ive said it for a decade....stop picking rd 2 rbs thinking it will fix the run game. Fix the oline if you want to fix the run game.

I like the idea of Parsons...but i think youre slightly reaching for a need at 7 with him. He would be a good option if we end up with a trade down offer.

WR....tyrell and periiman are both outside WRs...that means the need for this year is in the slot. Deep draft class for slot WRs. Shoot for grabbing one with your late 3rd rd pick.

1) Rashawn Slater OT
2) Jamin Davis LB
3) Andre Cisco S
3b) Tutu Atwell WR

Chiefs reportedly get protection for Patrick Mahomes in their trade for Ravens' Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown Jr.

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

K...i think im done changing my mind. If were sticking and picking im sold that #7 should be a OT. I really dont have a preference between Sewell or Slater...both might be there if 5 and 6 are weapons (Pitts and Chase). Slater actually played RT so while the concensus is Sewell is the better prospect...Slater actually has played the position we would need him at.

Lions are notorious for almost getting a unit fixed/complete...then stopping. Oline is a perfect example. Some great pieces...then you look at the right side and it less than stellar. DC and Lynn want to run the ball. Ive said it for a decade....stop picking rd 2 rbs thinking it will fix the run game. Fix the oline if you want to fix the run game.

I like the idea of Parsons...but i think youre slightly reaching for a need at 7 with him. He would be a good option if we end up with a trade down offer.

WR....tyrell and periiman are both outside WRs...that means the need for this year is in the slot. Deep draft class for slot WRs. Shoot for grabbing one with your late 3rd rd pick.

1) Rashawn Slater OT
2) Jamin Davis LB
3) Andre Cisco S
3b) Tutu Atwell WR

IMO you don't draft a RT at 7. If he can play LT use him there and switch our LT to RT.

IMO you don't draft a RT at 7. If he can play LT use him there and switch our LT to RT.

Which is why it?s bad business either way. I like Sewell a lot but I don?t think economically it makes sense for the team. You don?t pay your RT money that Decker is making either.

Which is why it?s bad business either way. I like Sewell a lot but I don?t think economically it makes sense for the team. You don?t pay your RT money that Decker is making either.

We would have whoever we draft at a reasonable rate for four years. The 5th year option could be pricey, but who?s to say in five years Decker is still our guy? Also the whole debate about LT being a whole lot more important then RT is overblown. It used to be the best and most athletic edge rusher lined up against the LT partly because most QBs are right handed. Now pass rushers move all over the formation. If you have a right handed QB it makes LT slightly more important but not by much. Say we draft a left handed QB in the next two years to be our starter, now all of a sudden RT would be the premium position on the OLine

A smart DC with a talented Edge will want to line them against the weaker OT, but will flip them to other side to mix things up throughout a game. Having roughly equivalent talent on LT and RT helps minimize the impact that Edge has. And some teams actually have talent on both Edges so another reason to need talent at both OTs.

That said, remember that Spielman quote that these new guys have made him reprioritize and instead of building Inside-Out, he now believes it better to build Outside-In.

A smart DC with a talented Edge will want to line them against the weaker OT, but will flip them to other side to mix things up throughout a game. Having roughly equivalent talent on LT and RT helps minimize the impact that Edge has. And some teams actually have talent on both Edges so another reason to need talent at both OTs.

That said, remember that Spielman quote that these new guys have made him reprioritize and instead of building Inside-Out, he now believes it better to build Outside-In.

Spielman is dumb.

Our fat slob of a coach didn't play him. He went from 7 sacks one season to no playing time under that fat fuck

Agreed. Davis can blitz well. And fits a 4-3 way better

Patricia hates speed and athleticism.

Scheme/regime changed screwed Davis. Now he gets a chance to work with Saleh with the Jets. And we will get a comp pick for him leaving

Josh Hill retiring

Lions looking at Darren Fells at TE

Not sure why you bring in a 35 yr old. Go get Richard Rogers and Jake Butt.. call it a day.

Lions signed center Frank Ragnow to 4 year extension. Making him highest paid center in league

Lions signed center Frank Ragnow to 4 year extension. Making him highest paid center in league

Love this move. He is now under contract for 6 years. Sewell will get a 5 year deal and Decker is signed long-term. That locks up the OL and allows them to focus on other areas.

Back