Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 Tigers MLB Draft July 9-11 Pick Max Clark #1

MOVIN’ ON UP.
Totally Tigers

5 collegiate draft prospects Detroit Tigers fans should monitor this spring.​

Take a look at five different collegiate players that the Detroit Tigers fans should be monitoring this spring. They're five players who should be on the Tigers draft board.

Detroit Tigers prospect made a swing change & the outlook is exciting.
When the Detroit Tigers drafted prospect Max Clark in the 2023 MLB Draft, there was a lot of potential, but with a recent swing change it feels as if he is making some good strides.
MCBTB

Detroit Tigers prospect made a swing change & the outlook is exciting.
When the Detroit Tigers drafted prospect Max Clark in the 2023 MLB Draft, there was a lot of potential, but with a recent swing change it feels as if he is making some good strides.
MCBTB
this stands out to me

"The Detroit Tigers opted to pass on Wyatt Langford, the standout outfielder from the University of Florida's program. However, the Tigers opted to take the prep player and buy into the future upside with the. On the other side of that, it has drawn a lot of criticism."

He's the guy I thought would fit best as well. Everything I am reading is Langford could be the next power hitting superstar, maybe even this year.

I wanted the college bat as well but nothing you can do about it now.

I wanted the shortstop Marcelo Mayer, and they drafted Jackson Jobe. I wanted Wyatt Langford and they took Max Clark. They have a plan, even if it looks wrong to me and you guys.

We have to trust the process and who they want. Despite the drafting of players we are questioning, I have more faith with how they have built the minors with development and coaches than I have since The GM back in the late 70's Bill Lajoie? drafted Tram, Lou, Morris, and Parrish.

NUMBERS DON’T LIE.
Totally Tigers

Tigers have the lowest Draft Bonus Pool in the AL Central for 2024:

CLE $18.3M
KC $15.4M
CWS $14.6M
MN $12.2M
DET $11.9M
Detroit’s #11 overall pick has a slot value of $5.71M

Tigers have the lowest Draft Bonus Pool in the AL Central for 2024:

CLE $18.3M
KC $15.4M
CWS $14.6M
MN $12.2M
DET $11.9M
Detroit’s #11 overall pick has a slot value of $5.71M
I don't know how they figure this draft pool. Why is there such a difference between Detroit and Cleveland?

Edit. I just looked. The Indians have the #1 pick? WTF, how did they get that? They basically had the same record as Detroit???

Back