Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2024 Election

As an American who doesnt particularly like either party and wishes politicians all would shut the fuck up and just do their jobs protecting america... quietly...

I'd take bidens speech over whatever that Nazi propaganda speech Mccarthy gave the other day ..100 times out of 100. He basically shit all over the country and said we suck at everything...it was a fear mongering joke of a speech.

I hate when political outlets and people try to insult our intelligence with bullshit... the real scary part is how many people believe them.

Example... how many on the right are claiming the egg shortage is bidens fault. They don't say anything about the avian flu that wiped out 50 million birds the past year...or maybe they think biden injected them all with the flu?

How many keep blaming inflation on biden and don't have a clue what they are talking about? Comodities/raw materials like corn and aluminum shot up from the supply chain nightmare caused by the lockdown. When the cost of things you make other things with goes up....EVERYTHING fucking goes up. What the fuck did that have to do with biden?... that happened on trumps watch and it's not something you snap your fingers and it's fixed. Simple economics...0 supply.... high demand = higher price. Example it takes both corn and aluminum to make most of the packaged beverage items you see in a grocery store. Supply chain caused costs on both of those to go up. These cost inceases get passed onto the consumer. Lockdown caused pantry loading. Low supply...HUGE demand... prices go up. All before biden took office.

Maybe the Republicans should stop banning AP courses so they can learn something and speak intelligently. This is honestly the main reason I won't vote for someone... is the blatantly lieing without being able to intelligently speak to reasons why. For a rather large % of the country... the lies are why they are voting for someone. That's sad and speaks volumes about how dumb america is.

Last edited:
Example... how many on the right are claiming the egg shortage is bidens fault. They don't say anything about the avian flu that wiped out 50 million birds the past year...or maybe they think biden injected them all with the flu?

How many keep blaming inflation on biden and don't have a clue what they are talking about? Comodities/raw materials like corn and aluminum shot up from the supply chain nightmare caused by the lockdown. When the cost of things you make other things with goes up....EVERYTHING fucking goes up. What the fuck did that have to do with biden?... that happened on trumps watch and it's not something you snap your fingers and it's fixed. Simple economics...0 supply.... high demand = higher price. Example it takes both corn and aluminum to make most of the packaged beverage items you see in a grocery store. Supply chain caused costs on both of those to go up. These cost inceases get passed onto the consumer. Lockdown caused pantry loading. Low supply...HUGE demand... prices go up. All before biden took office.

A lot of this is true. But you are kind of falling into the "blame trap". You mention that a lot of this was caused by the lockdown which was under "Trump's watch". Sounds like you are blaming Trump.

As far as the lockdowns, I would say that more people on the right were against the lockdowns because they knew the huge economic impact that they would have down the road.

A lot of this is true. But you are kind of falling into the "blame trap". You mention that a lot of this was caused by the lockdown which was under "Trump's watch". Sounds like you are blaming Trump.

As far as the lockdowns, I would say that more people on the right were against the lockdowns because they knew the huge economic impact that they would have down the road.

Not blaming. People all have different thoughts on the lockdown. He had to make a decision... and to be honest he was probably forced into a decision he didn't want to make.

But... there's also facts you need to go by. Fact is we locked down. Fact is it caused supply chain issues. Fact is those supply chain issues drive inflation. It is what it is... we don't have the benefit of knowing what the economy would look like (or death number would look like) if we didn't lock down.

Also fact... Trump beats his chest still about how many lives he saved by locking down.

Last edited:
As an American who doesnt particularly like either party and wishes politicians all would shut the fuck up and just do their jobs protecting america... quietly...

I'd take bidens speech over whatever that Nazi propaganda speech Mccarthy gave the other day ..100 times out of 100. He basically shit all over the country and said we suck at everything...it was a fear mongering joke of a speech.

I hate when political outlets and people try to insult our intelligence with bullshit... the real scary part is how many people believe them.

Maybe the Republicans should stop banning AP courses so they can learn something and speak intelligently. This is honestly the main reason I won't vote for someone... is the blatantly lieing without being able to intelligently speak to reasons why. For a rather large % of the country... the lies are why they are voting for someone. That's sad and speaks volumes about how dumb america is.

When you say you'll take Biden, who calls half the country racist MAGA extremists and says people who disagree with him are anti-democratic then call McCarthy a Nazi, it's kinda hard to believe that you dislike both parties equally.

As for inflation was at 1.4% when Trump left office, the lowest point of his tenure as President. It was at 2.5% in January of 2020 so after 9+ months of lockdowns and all the hoarding that happened right away, price levels dropped. These things didn't all happen on Trump's watch. The lockdowns were largely Biden's party's doing with his full support and he's the leader of the party so he has to own some of that.

His his policies are directly responsible for energy inflation and before you cry Putin, gas prices were up 40% under Joe well before Putin invaded Ukraine.

Further, we don't have an egg shortage - have you ever seen no or even low inventory at stores? No, you haven't. So the avian flu isn't what's driving the cost of eggs through the roof. Maybe you should stop pretending you know what the hell you're talking about or you're the one who is informed because clearly, you're not.

Last edited:
Imagine being such a sycophant and hard core partisan hack that you can watch a feeble minded old man embarrass himself in front of ?the entire country? then beclown yourself touting it as taking the other side to the woodshed. ...

Imagine that...

72% of the people who watched the SOTU and were polled had a "positive" view of the speech. Not the country as an entity.

Only proof that you can fool some of the people some of the time, for a time. And who do you think watched the SOTU?

LOL. Count Donald Trump as one of the 72%, I guess...
?Look, he worked hard tonight, it?s not a natural thing for him, it never was, and never will be, but you?ve got to give him credit for trying. I disagree with him on most of his policies, but he put into words what he felt, and he ended up the evening far stronger than he began. Give him credit for that,?

LOL. Count Donald Trump as one of the 72%, I guess...
?Look, he worked hard tonight, it?s not a natural thing for him, it never was, and never will be, but you?ve got to give him credit for trying. I disagree with him on most of his policies, but he put into words what he felt, and he ended up the evening far stronger than he began. Give him credit for that,?

If you think that's a ringing endorsement, I offer this:

https://youtu.be/ruBCHawMVWA

Scroll to 3:50

When you say you'll take Biden, who calls half the country racist MAGA extremists and says people who disagree with him are anti-democratic then call McCarthy a Nazi, it's kinda hard to believe that you dislike both parties equally.

As for inflation was at 1.4% when Trump left office, the lowest point of his tenure as President. It was at 2.5% in January of 2020 so after 9+ months of lockdowns and all the hoarding that happened right away, price levels dropped. These things didn't all happen on Trump's watch. The lockdowns were largely Biden's party's doing with his full support and he's the leader of the party so he has to own some of that.

His his policies are directly responsible for energy inflation and before you cry Putin, gas prices were up 40% under Joe well before Putin invaded Ukraine.

Further, we don't have an egg shortage - have you ever seen no or even low inventory at stores? No, you haven't. So the avian flu isn't what's driving the cost of eggs through the roof. Maybe you should stop pretending you know what the hell you're talking about or you're the one who is informed because clearly, you're not.

50% of the country aren't MAGA Republicans. Thank God. They prove daily how moronic they are. MGT put on video "we will not go peacefully" all over social media then wonders why she's in court. Fucking idiot.

Mccarthys speech reminded me of nazi propaganda. Sorry... my opinion.

Gas is $4.15 here in Ca... lower than it was during trumps term.

Yes there an egg shortage... and yes there's stores across the country that don't have any. And yes v the shortage is causing the rise in prices

Get out of your little bubble... live a little bit. An entire world of facts might just smack you in the face.

Last edited:
50% of the country aren't MAGA Republicans. Thank God. They prove daily how moronic they are. MGT put on video "we will not go peacefully" all over social media then wonders why she's in court. Fucking idiot.

I have a hard time believing that. Overall gas prices across the country during trumps time in office ranged from $2.38 to a high of $2.95 per gallon.

Past 2 years, $2.59 - $5.03 and currently $3.45

Last edited:
I have a hard time believing that. Overall gas prices across the country during trumps time in office ranged from $2.38 to a high of $2.95 per gallon.

Past 2 years, $2.59 - $5.03 and currently $3.45

So basically $1 more per gallon and you learned last night that oil producers arent producing at the rate they once were and just focused on raking in record profits last year. Again... economics... less oil... more rate. I'm not surprised it's $1 higher... no one else should be either.

Last edited:
So basically $1 more per gallon and you learned last night that oil producers arent producing at the rate they once were and just focused on raking in record profits last year. Again... economics... less oil... more rate. I'm not surprised it's $1 higher... no one else should be either.

I'm not disputing any of that. I was disputing your claim that gas prices are higher now than when Trump was in office.

Mccarthys speech reminded me of nazi propaganda. Sorry... my opinion.

Yes there an egg shortage... and yes there's stores across the country that don't have any. And yes v the shortage is causing the rise in prices

Get out of your little bubble... live a little bit. An entire world of facts might just smack you in the face.

So what is she in court for? Is she under criminal investigation or indictment? For saying "we will not go peacefully?" and that not only doesn't surprise you but you're OK with it?

Not surprised - everything a conservative says sounds like nazi propoganda to leftist bed wetters.

I'm gonna call bullshit on the gas price. Here's a table of average gas prices in California by month from May 2000 to today. Show me the evidence or admit you're full of crap.

No there isn't an egg shortage - we shop at multiple grocery and big box stores and haven't seen anything but full coolers. The bulk of the price increase in eggs is most likely collusion/price fixing.

I'm not the one living in a bubble making up numbers or regurgitating headlines - you wouldn't know a fact if it bit you in the ass.

Last edited:

especially people who don't live in a bubble and understand why gas is still ~40% higher than it was when Trump was in office.

Edit: doesn't the Biden administration claim the oil companies are producing at record levels or at least higher than it was under the previous administration and it's not their fault prices have gone up?

Last edited:
So what is she in court for? Is she under criminal investigation or indictment? For saying "we will not go peacefully?" and that not only doesn't surprise you but you're OK with it?

Not surprised - everything a conservative says sounds like nazi propoganda to leftist bed wetters.

I'm gonna call bullshit on the gas price. Here's a table of average gas prices in California by month from May 2000 to today. Show me the evidence or admit you're full of crap.

No there isn't an egg shortage - we shop at multiple grocery and big box stores and haven't seen anything but full coolers. The bulk of the price increase in eggs is most likely collusion/price fixing.

I'm not the one living in a bubble making up numbers or regurgitating headlines - you wouldn't know a fact if it bit you in the ass.

So egg cost is based on price fixing and collision. And youre ok with republicans saying that's bidens fault?

Gas down from $6.30 to $4.30 from your little chart. Great job joe!... that's amazing progress! Gas prices plummeting... he must be doing such an amazing job!

See how dumb that sounds. It sounds even dumber when you blame him for it rising.

Last edited:

t s.

She's in court for inciting an insurrection. You can hear her calling for one very clearly in her own words on all her social media posts. So no...I have no problem the government is investigating who may have caused all the harm at the fucking capitol. The investigation is being led by a republican...a normal one. By the way who was the lunatic screaming her face off during the entire speech. Maga dumbass #1 MGT... so I guess biden was correct wasnt he?

Last edited:
So egg cost is based on price fixing and collision. And youre ok with republicans saying that's bidens fault?

Gas down from $6.30 to $4.30 from your little chart. Great job joe!... that's amazing progress!

I haven't said anything about eggs other than to challenge what you've said. I don't hear a lot of people blaming Biden for egg inflation. They may use it as an example of overall food inflation which is a direct result of bad policy pushed by his party. I agree with that.

Also, it's not "my little chart" it's data from the EIA, you should try using some sometime. And like I said before gas is still up 50% from when Trump left office (I said 40% but it's actually up 50%). Here's a little chart that shows the increase.

And gas prices are rising again and likely to rise more in 2023. If you stepped outside your bubble and lived a little, you'd realize you're giving Biden credit for killing demand by driving prices to record highs and you're applauding levels that are still 50% higher than they were before he got into office. But that's OK because Orange Man bad - it's worth every penny isn't it?

Last edited:
She's in court for inciting an insurrection. You can hear her calling for one very clearly in her own words on all her social media posts. So no...I have no problem the government is investigating who may have caused all the harm at the fucking capitol. The investigation is being led by a republican...a normal one. By the way who was the lunatic screaming her face off during the entire speech. Maga dumbass #1 MGT... so I guess biden was correct wasnt he?

I love that - heard it literally thousands of times and yet it's still hilarious every time I hear it. What harm at the capital during the mostly peaceful insurrection (besides Ashley Babbit being murdered by incompetent capital police)? You mean the property damage?

What normal Republican is leading that investigation?

Last edited:
Back