Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

60 years ago today JFK was shot in Dallas

60 years ago today, I was in high school and it was the most frightening thing we ever experienced.
The entire country was in a state of shock.

There were so many conspiracy theories with some of them about more than one gun man, the mob and Myer Lansky, Kruschev and Russia, Castro and Cuba, LBJ and Governor Connelly, and add any others you might have heard through the years. We don't know now and we might never know the true facts to this tragedy.

It was 60 years ago. That is a long time ago. My guess is 90% of the people that were alive then are dead now.

You are right. Nobody cares

Well that's unfortunate to think people don't care that a sitting president can be murdered in broad daylight by elements of the government itself.

Rather than initiate another thread ? 58 years ago. I was informed by someone who, to that moment in time, had yet to utter a true statement in my presence. Naturally, I thought he was lying, until I walked in the back door and into the den to witness my dad watching TV, his face a foot from the screen.

Much of that day and the weekend are etched in my mind.

It was an unseasonably warm day and I was six years old. I was about to put my jacket back on so my mom wouldn't scold me. Then "Gary" said "Guess what? The president got shot!" (Yuk yuk) I don't think I ever encountered him again.

they declassified all the documents except the ones that say they killed him. I was 7 years from being born at the time so of course I have no memory of him or the event. I think he was, like most of his family (except Eunice), a horrible human being but I'm not happy he was murdered and if it's true that he was assassinated by our government, that's particularly appalling and horrifying.

Last edited:
they declassified all the documents except the ones that say they killed him. I was 7 years from being born at the time so of course I have no memory of him or the event. I think he was, like most of his family (except Eunice), a horrible human being but I'm not happy he was murdered and if it's true that he was assassinated by our government, that's particularly appalling and horrifying.

That?s probably not going to change.

I had just turned three years old at the time - was unaware as it was happening, so I?ve never remembered - that?s probably not going to change..

It's a funny situation the powers-that-be have created with respect to the release of the materials... officially, Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. And he's been dead almost as long as JFK has. But they will not release the materials because of... reasons:
Mr. Biden also said the delay was "necessary to protect against identifiable harm to the military defense, intelligence operations, law enforcement, or the conduct of foreign relations" and that this "outweighs the public interest in immediate disclosure."​

If he acted alone, it's difficult to understand exactly what harm would be revealed here.

We just need to keep dripping water on the rock. It is gratifying to know a new generation of investigators are hammering this topic hard.

This is from a podcast (Useful Idiots) I listened to last spring (May 2023):

A 23-year-old Ray McGovern, fresh in the CIA, a believer in John F. Kennedy, sat for a lecture from a senior operations officer at the agency. And was shocked by the rant he heard: ?This president is a coward! He failed to back us up on the Bay of Pigs! He?s so cowardly, this is an awful, awful thing!? That was the summer of 1963. Three months later John Kennedy was assassinated.

McGovern, who worked in the CIA for 27 years and has spent an equal number of years critiquing it, lays out step by step the factors that led to what he suspects is the agency?s role in the assassination of a president.

First, he explains, was that ?Kennedy threatened to splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces and throw it to the four winds. Now, what President Kennedy didn?t realize is you don?t say those kinds of things. You don?t threaten to do those kinds of things.?

Already in dangerous territory, Kennedy also went rogue on the CIA?s war: ?Not only had John Kennedy already made two executive orders to pull our troops out of Vietnam, but in June 1963 he gave an incredible speech saying ?Why can?t we just get along with the Russians???

The result? ?He was killed. Very simply. He was assassinated and it was a warning to all other presidents who might want to threaten the CIA.?

McGovern, who since leaving the CIA founded the anti-war group*Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity, is calling for the CIA to be disbanded. ?It should be splintered. It serves no useful purpose. Somebody should set up an apolitical, agenda-free institute to do substantial, substantive, and untainted intelligence.? He adds, slyly: ?And then if you want to do operations like blowing up pipelines, you put that in the Pentagon.?

Watch the full interview to hear Ray McGovern dissect the CIA?s proxy war in Ukraine, the Biden administration?s hoax of Russian disinformation, and the shocking private Trump quote that made him ask: ?Who the hell is running this country??​

That?s probably not going to change.

I had just turned three years old at the time - was unaware as it was happening, so I?ve never remembered - that?s probably not going to change..

Probably not - even if I get that time machine I asked Santa for, that's not one of the things I'm going back to experience.

This is from a podcast (Useful Idiots) I listened to last spring (May 2023):

A 23-year-old Ray McGovern, fresh in the CIA, a believer in John F. Kennedy, sat for a lecture from a senior operations officer at the agency. And was shocked by the rant he heard: ?This president is a coward! He failed to back us up on the Bay of Pigs! He?s so cowardly, this is an awful, awful thing!? That was the summer of 1963. Three months later John Kennedy was assassinated.

McGovern, who worked in the CIA for 27 years and has spent an equal number of years critiquing it, lays out step by step the factors that led to what he suspects is the agency?s role in the assassination of a president.

First, he explains, was that ?Kennedy threatened to splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces and throw it to the four winds. Now, what President Kennedy didn?t realize is you don?t say those kinds of things. You don?t threaten to do those kinds of things.?

Already in dangerous territory, Kennedy also went rogue on the CIA?s war: ?Not only had John Kennedy already made two executive orders to pull our troops out of Vietnam, but in June 1963 he gave an incredible speech saying ?Why can?t we just get along with the Russians???

The result? ?He was killed. Very simply. He was assassinated and it was a warning to all other presidents who might want to threaten the CIA.?

McGovern, who since leaving the CIA founded the anti-war group*Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity, is calling for the CIA to be disbanded. ?It should be splintered. It serves no useful purpose. Somebody should set up an apolitical, agenda-free institute to do substantial, substantive, and untainted intelligence.? He adds, slyly: ?And then if you want to do operations like blowing up pipelines, you put that in the Pentagon.?

Watch the full interview to hear Ray McGovern dissect the CIA?s proxy war in Ukraine, the Biden administration?s hoax of Russian disinformation, and the shocking private Trump quote that made him ask: ?Who the hell is running this country??​

Wow.

This guy seems quite the package.

He would remember the Kennedy years first hand, which I kinda don?t.

john hinckley is on twitter. you can buy his CD's and artwork from him.

He posted himself singing one of his songs, and someone commented "this is the second best thing you ever did"

The people who shouldn't be in charge are not very imaginative and we are too lazy and gullible to call them out on their shopworn narratives that involve the assassination of presidents. Since Wilkes Booth, it hasn't changed at all.

Back