Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

a Team of Wills this year...imo

hellifino

Will Castelanos (sp.like I give a fuck) hit this year.
Will Insler regain a spark that he's lost @ Texas
Will Iglasisis (sp. like I give a fuck again) hit .300
Will Hunter have another good year for us?
Will Jackson have a full season of hitting
Will Avila finally get exposed
Will anyone hit after the top 5 in the order?

Will I follow them regardless........ HELL YES, this my team, It's like a brother to me. I can beat them down, but don't anyone else outside of true fans try it.

Will anyone tell me,I'm full of shit.... no doubt.

Last edited:
My team of We..

We need Jackson not to suck.
We need Avila not to suck (on offense).
We need Canstellanos not to suck.
We need Hunter not to suck.
We need Dirks/Davis not to suck.
We need our bullpen not to suck.

Last edited:
Asking our bullpen (or at least, the middle relief) not to suck would be like asking the sun not to rise in the east.

"Will Avila finally get exposed?"

What does that even mean?

Will the Power production loss of fielder and peralta be offset by the improved defense and team speed?

Will the middle relief continue to be an ongoing source of irritation trying to get to the 8th and 9th innings with a lead?
Will the 8th inning setup be a source of irritation?
Will we continue to spell Coke's name as Choke?
Will Joba Chamberlain be healthy, or pitch like the past 2 years?

Will anyone on the fringe step up in ST and make the team?

Will the loss of Fister dig into the strength of the past years starting rotation?
Will Verlander be healthy...stay healthy, and have a typical Verlander year?
Will Scherzer be anywhere near his 2013 season?
Will Scherzer sign an extension before the season starts?
Will Sanchez stay healthy?
Will Porcello continue to improve?
Will the improved infield defense help the pitching staff like we think it should?
Will Smyly have success as a starter? Will the Tigers have a plan for him and his rotation spot after 160 innings?

Will there be changes at the lead-off position in the batting order?
Will it change more often due to matchups unlike the past mostly set in stone with Leyland?

Will Avila, Jackson, have better overall years? Will the stay healthy? Will Avila miss time from foul tips to his head and junk?
Will Hunter's conditioning carry him through another year at age 39?
Will Kinsler have good production?
Will the platoon work in LF with Dirks and Davis?
Will Iglesias take Kaline's advice on hitting?
Will Castellanos take his lumps before adjusting to ML pitching like he did at each minors stop? Will Nick's defense at third be ok or a source of irritation?

Will the bench continue to be source of irritation with Lombardozzi, Kelly, Holaday as backups?

Will people continue to be sarcastic and argue over small crap with others in the game threads , when all we want, that will calm everyone the F up is a Tigers World Series Championship?

Will the Power production loss of fielder and peralta be offset by the improved defense and team speed?

Will the middle relief continue to be an ongoing source of irritation trying to get to the 8th and 9th innings with a lead?
Will the 8th inning setup be a source of irritation?
Will we continue to spell Coke's name as Choke?
Will Joba Chamberlain be healthy, or pitch like the past 2 years?

Will anyone on the fringe step up in ST and make the team?

Will the loss of Fister dig into the strength of the past years starting rotation?
Will Verlander be healthy...stay healthy, and have a typical Verlander year?
Will Scherzer be anywhere near his 2013 season?
Will Scherzer sign an extension before the season starts?
Will Sanchez stay healthy?
Will Porcello continue to improve?
Will the improved infield defense help the pitching staff like we think it should?
Will Smyly have success as a starter? Will the Tigers have a plan for him and his rotation spot after 160 innings?

Will there be changes at the lead-off position in the batting order?
Will it change more often due to matchups unlike the past mostly set in stone with Leyland?

Will Avila, Jackson, have better overall years? Will the stay healthy? Will Avila miss time from foul tips to his head and junk?
Will Hunter's conditioning carry him through another year at age 39?
Will Kinsler have good production?
Will the platoon work in LF with Dirks and Davis?
Will Iglesias take Kaline's advice on hitting?
Will Castellanos take his lumps before adjusting to ML pitching like he did at each minors stop? Will Nick's defense at third be ok or a source of irritation?

Will the bench continue to be source of irritation with Lombardozzi, Kelly, Holaday as backups?

Will people continue to be sarcastic and argue over small crap with others in the game threads , when all we want, that will calm everyone the F up is a Tigers World Series Championship?

Damn that's a lot.

What I see, our offense on paper not as good as 2012. On paper, rotation not as good as 2012. On paper, bullpen about the same as 2012. I don't see us being better..

Last edited:
Will we lead the league in LOB?

That's my biggest worry. Like the ALCS last year, we have several guys who can get on base, we have only a few who can drive them in. We had a chance in the off-season to pick up at least 1 power bat, possibly even 2. We didn't.

Miggy and the Mudhens in 2014, that's my fear as of right now.

Will you ever learn to spell the names of the players on the team you say you are a fan of?

Last edited:
Will Castelanos (sp.like I give a fuck) hit this year.
Will Insler regain a spark that he's lost @ Texas
Will Iglasisis (sp. like I give a fuck again) hit .300
Will Hunter have another good year for us?
Will Jackson have a full season of hitting
Will Avila finally get exposed
Will anyone hit after the top 5 in the order?

Will I follow them regardless........ HELL YES, this my team, It's like a brother to me. I can beat them down, but don't anyone else outside of true fans try it.

Will anyone tell me,I'm full of shit.... no doubt.

It's called a message board. If you don't like to see differing opinion and corrections, then don't post.

Will you ever learn to spell the names of the players on the team you say you are a fan of?

will posters like you quit nit picking, evidently I was too lazy to look up the proper spelling.
(sp.like I give a fuck)

it means that once again he won't hit above the Mendoza line by the all-star break and some on this board will realize he ain't any good.

His bat definitely needs to improve but he sure is good calling a game.

History says he can't..

dunno what history you're looking at then. even as recently as the 2nd half of 2013 he hit well after he had recovered from his injuries.

im not going to bother posting numbers again because i just did it in the other avila thread a few weeks ago.

lets not forget 2011 either. its probably still an overall outlier, but it also showed what he can be capable of when hes not injured all the time, given that it was probably his only injury-free year so far.

Last edited:
Back