Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Andreas Anthansiou close to being traded.

I wonder what the return will be?

Preliminary reports were forwards Andreas Athanasiou and Ryan Kuffner to Edmonton for forward Sam Gagner, a 2020 second-round pick and a 2021 second-round pick.

Last edited:
To Oilers

F Andreas Athanasiou
F Ryan Kuffner

To RedWings

F Sam Gagner
2020 2nd round pick
2021 2nd round pick

Last edited:
Dang thought he could get a first for AA. I guess a couple 2’s are something.

Last edited:
Green as well with 50% retention

For
Brodziak (cap dump)/roster move and conditional 4th round pick*

*3rd round in 2021 if Oilers reach conference finals and Green plays half the games.

Brodziak is hurt and unlikely to ever play again.

Not sure what AA's career will turn out like but when I heard he was traded it didn't bother me. I got tired of him trying to do his speed move only to crash into the boards and fall down why the opposing team had numbers the other way. The league worst +/- was mostly his own doing.

Hopefully for his own sake he can learn to become a team player.

AA was a defensive liability. It’s just a balancing act. Can you have a guy like him who can score 30+ goals a season and a good defense to cover for him also ?

AA was a defensive liability. It?s just a balancing act. Can you have a guy like him who can score 30+ goals a season and a good defense to cover for him also ?

Those 30 goals were a mirage. Eventually other teams will figure out what he's doing.

Back