Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ann Coulter Slams Trump for Proposed DACA Compromise for the Wall

There was an annual contest in Chicago to see who could minimize their impact on the environment.

the winner one year was an adjunct professor who biked everywhere, grew his own vegetables, composted everything and re-used and repaired everything he owned.

of course he was single (no kids), and lived near his job, in a big city.

the way our cities are planned and developed, that's nearly impossible for most Americans.

But if it?s just a handful of culprits anyway, as you stated some are claiming and post #67, how much good it is this guy really doing for himself or anyone else?

But if it?s just a handful of culprits anyway, as you stated some are claiming and post #67, how much good it is this guy really doing for himself or anyone else?

not much.

also IIRC i think he only won because he was willing to compost his own shit. other people still used regular toilets.

like I said, not feasible on a planet with 7 billion people. we need modern sewage

not much.

also IIRC i think he only won because he was willing to compost his own shit. other people still used regular toilets.

like I said, not feasible on a planet with 7 billion people. we need modern sewage

Does anybody actually believe that Russia, China, India, or anybody else is actually going to get on board in an attempt to reduce carbon emissions?

If climate change and global warming really are anthropogenic, I’m afraid we are all probably doomed.

I mean, we are all doomed anyway, but humanity is doomed.

Perhaps there would be some evolutionary adaptation and some mutant form of the human race will live on, I don’t know.

Last edited:
perhaps that is because virtually everyone agrees that building a wall is fucking stupid and won't do shit to deter the over-dramatized, rhetorical and anecdotal problems that come from illegal immigration. Talk to someone who works for Border Patrol and it becomes very clear that what they use is highly sophisticated technology and are not in need of some wall. Talk to people who live on the Arizona/Mexico border and they'll tell you they have people running across their property all the time ...ask if they want some massive wall built on their property and they say, No.

The people who want this wall live in places like Kansas and Arkansas and Mississippi

Not sure about the rest of Arizona but majority of ranchers want a wall.

they're not excuses. saying they've been disproved one after the other causing this evolution of excuses is simply false. The science isn't settled no matter what the consensus says. On top of nonsense like this, they throw out any nonhardliner views, like people like myself who are concerned about pollution - real pollution we can actually prove is bad and has harmful effects on the food we eat, the water we drink and the air we breathe. They can't stomach even that level of disagreement - anyone who is not fully on board w/ unproven anthropogenic climate change is a science denier who must be silenced and banished from the "scientific" community.

Poor choice of words, just the evolution of explanations. As you said, the science isn't completely settled yet, but that doesn't mean we can't work hard to improve on some of the bad things happening that people are blaming on Climate Change. Especially if there are things we can actually do about it. If man can affect some changes, he can also reverse those changes. Stands to reason, no?

I realize this is basically what you were saying, but thought I would add my 2 pennies anyway.

The problem, as I see it is the judicious use of resources that are spent. We don't need trillions of dollars to research the issue, nor are trillions needed to perform actions that actually affect some of these bad things that happen to people less fortunate than us. And this isn't just a new way to line the pockets of the fat cats that already run the world.

However, I feel I must say, the world is not ending in 12 years.
:lmao:

The problem, as I see it is the judicious use of resources that are spent. We don't need trillions of dollars to research the issue, nor are trillions needed to perform actions that actually affect some of these bad things that happen to people less fortunate than us. And this isn't just a new way to line the pockets of the fat cats that already run the world.

Probably not, and I hope not.

I would like to see at least one more national championship in football and basketball for Michigan, and it might take longer than 12 years for that to happen.

I would also like to see Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez pose nude in a skin skin mag, and I think there?s a decent chance that that will happen before 12 years passes.

perhaps that is because virtually everyone agrees that building a wall is fucking stupid and won't do shit to deter the over-dramatized, rhetorical and anecdotal problems that come from illegal immigration. Talk to someone who works for Border Patrol and it becomes very clear that what they use is highly sophisticated technology and are not in need of some wall. Talk to people who live on the Arizona/Mexico border and they'll tell you they have people running across their property all the time ...ask if they want some massive wall built on their property and they say, No.

The people who want this wall live in places like Kansas and Arkansas and Mississippi

that's not true - virtually every one of these high profile resisters voted for larger stretches of wall not too long ago when it was someone else's idea. It's also not true that border patrol personnel don't want a wall. they want all the stuff you're talking about and physical barriers.

And the people who live on the border aren't Kennedys nor are they in charge of the border - they don't get to decide what our border policy is going to be.

Poor choice of words, just the evolution of explanations. As you said, the science isn't completely settled yet, but that doesn't mean we can't work hard to improve on some of the bad things happening that people are blaming on Climate Change. Especially if there are things we can actually do about it. If man can affect some changes, he can also reverse those changes. Stands to reason, no?

I realize this is basically what you were saying, but thought I would add my 2 pennies anyway.

I think every reasonable person wants to protect the environment. The issue is that different problems (climate change vs. polluting air, water, food for example) have different causes and therefore different fixes. People who believe man is causing catastrophic climate change want to radically transform our society and economy to the tune of trillions of dollars, which would also significantly disadvantage us as the only country dedicating those resources, driving costs significantly higher - at least the only country that matters since China and India wouldn't follow suit. So we end up saddling the country w/ this massive tab that may not make a difference in climate change for a couple reasons - like man may not be causing these changes and/or what we do won't make a difference if India, China and a few other major economies don't follow suit.

but all of this falls on def ears for the most part because if you don't support the catastrophic anthropogenic climate change story hook, line and sinker you're a science denying religious zealot crony corporatist.

Last edited:
Lol
All hail the Fossil Fuel Industry ! Give them anything they want!
Deregulation! Who cares about the planet !

It is embarrassing watching the GOP and people deny what is happening to this planet. The right wing religious nut jobs who control the GOP is just sad for the planet. The double speak coming out of most Republicans is funny.

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-envi...e-change-republicans-denial-marco-rubio-trump

I'm sure there's a reason but why?

There are only a handful of them.

We don't need them... ranching is an unprofitable business.

They knowingly built ranches on an international border and now want everyone else to build them a wall on their property.

they're typically stupid, Cliven Bundy types who hypocritically hate all government spending, taxes, policies, etc. unless it's directly benefitting them, even if the policy benefits the majority of Americans.

fuck em.

I think every reasonable person wants to protect the environment. The issue is that different problems (climate change vs. polluting air, water, food for example) have different causes and therefore different fixes. People who believe man is causing catastrophic climate change want to radically transform our society and economy to the tune of trillions of dollars, which would also significantly disadvantage us as the only country dedicating those resources, driving costs significantly higher - at least the only country that matters since China and India wouldn't follow suit. So we end up saddling the country w/ this massive tab that may not make a difference in climate change for a couple reasons - like man may not be causing these changes and/or what we do won't make a difference if India, China and a few other major economies don't follow suit.

but all of this falls on def ears for the most part because if you don't support the catastrophic anthropogenic climate change story hook, line and sinker you're a science denying religious zealot crony corporatist.

I made this unfortunate point in #83.

There are only a handful of them.

We don't need them... ranching is an unprofitable business.

They knowingly built ranches on an international border and now want everyone else to build them a wall on their property.

they're typically stupid, Cliven Bundy types who hypocritically hate all government spending, taxes, policies, etc. unless it's directly benefitting them, even if the policy benefits the majority of Americans.

fuck em.

and this is based on what? other than the existence of Cliven Bundy, who by the way doesn't live anywhere near the border.

Lol
All hail the Fossil Fuel Industry ! Give them anything they want!
Deregulation! Who cares about the planet !

It is embarrassing watching the GOP and people deny what is happening to this planet. The right wing religious nut jobs who control the GOP is just sad for the planet. The double speak coming out of most Republicans is funny.

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-envi...e-change-republicans-denial-marco-rubio-trump

do you have a shortcut key for this post? I'd swear I've read it in at least 20+ other threads.

I never said he did, strawmanhack.

I never said you said he did. You compared all ranchers to Cliven Bundy types to justify your bigoted stereotype of ranchers, particularly those who support a border wall. It's a way for you to impugn the motives of people you don't know so you don't have to justify your border denialism. Your argument was a strawman, I was pointing that out, you are just too dumb to realize it.

Back