Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Arizona Fall League Tigers

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
AZ Fall League rosters are out. Among Tigers reps: Devon Travis, Tyler Collins, Kyle Lobstein, Will Clinard and 2013 pick Corey Knebel.
Knebel is the first to go in the same year drafted since Andy Oliver.

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2013/8/27/4664742/tigers-send-five-to-arizona-fall-league
Tigers send five to Arizona Fall League.
from bybtb
three relatively surprising omissions from the AFL rosters, Daniel Fields, Eugenio Suarez, and Drew Verhagen.

http://motorcitybengals.com/2013/08/27/detroit-tigers-prospects-arizona-fall-league/
Detroit Tigers To Send Five Prospects To Arizona Fall League.
from mcb-tb

Last edited:
How do you read a couple of those names Ron?
Some would say those names are in serious consideration for 25-man roster spots next spring.
Others will say No.

I'm sitting with the Yes Group, except for two... Collins and Clinard. Knebel as a reliever could jump to MLB, at some point in 2014. Same with Travis. Collins had a real rough year and took a step backwards at the plate. Clinard is a ways off yet.... maybe 2015.

Last edited:
How do you read a couple of those names Ron?
Some would say those names are in serious consideration for 25-man roster spots next spring.
Others will say No.

I'm sitting with the Yes Group, except for two... Collins and Clinard. Knebel as a reliever could jump to MLB, at some point in 2014. Same with Travis. Collins had a real rough year and took a step backwards at the plate. Clinard is a ways off yet.... maybe 2015.

I would guess that Knebel is on the fast track with the Tigers. Devon Travis does alot well, nothing spectacular, you agree? He needs time imo with the jumps to higher leagues. Lobstein, not so sure of.
Collins was Hot and cold all year it seemed.

Last edited:
AZ Fall League rosters are out. Among Tigers reps: Devon Travis, Tyler Collins, Kyle Lobstein, Will Clinard and 2013 pick Corey Knebel.
Knebel is the first to go in the same year drafted since Andy Oliver.

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2013/8/27/4664742/tigers-send-five-to-arizona-fall-league
Tigers send five to Arizona Fall League.
from bybtb
three relatively surprising omissions from the AFL rosters, Daniel Fields, Eugenio Suarez, and Drew Verhagen.

http://motorcitybengals.com/2013/08/27/detroit-tigers-prospects-arizona-fall-league/
Detroit Tigers To Send Five Prospects To Arizona Fall League.
from mcb-tb

I moved out to PHX for work, and will be excited for AFL. I live within 15-35 minutes of all of the fall league stadiums, and my girlfriend's place is a 2 minute walk from the Surprise stadium. I'm looking forward to watching Travis and Knebel, I've heard great things about the both of them.

I moved out to PHX for work, and will be excited for AFL. I live within 15-35 minutes of all of the fall league stadiums, and my girlfriend's place is a 2 minute walk from the Surprise stadium. I'm looking forward to watching Travis and Knebel, I've heard great things about the both of them.

I'm in Peoria now. So 3 teams are right on top of me, maybe I'll catch a game.

I'm in Peoria now. So 3 teams are right on top of me, maybe I'll catch a game.

Yeah i guess Peoria is playing their home games at Surprise Stadium this year, so they will be sharing with Surprise. Closest one to me is probably the 91st Ave and Camelback stadium.

Updated to 7 players: Detroit will also send a pitcher and an infielder who weren't identified Tuesday/Wednesday as of yet.

Yeah i guess Peoria is playing their home games at Surprise Stadium this year, so they will be sharing with Surprise. Closest one to me is probably the 91st Ave and Camelback stadium.

I'm pretty close to here as well..

Back