Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

As a result of the Trades

Having money under the cap means nothing if we cant entice top guys to come to Detroit. I really think DJ was a nice asset to have....Singler I can live without...

And that's why they needed Jackson to actually come to the city. They get first dibs at him, and give him a chance to show the team can win.

Yeah, Jackson has future all-star written all over him if you ask most nba insiders. Heck even the Thunder think that and they are amazing at growing and getting talent.

If, and its an IF Jackson blossoms into what most people think he will be then we have a great 1-2 punch. We should be able to resign him given that if he shows promise JVG would of been the guy that trusted him and gave him his opportunity. Plus we have the ability to give him more money and years than anyone else.

We do that sign Green and resign Monroe (if not, fine go grab a 3 pt shooting PF) and we have a starting 5. JVG can then fill the roster with 3pt shooting and we are a young team on the rise.

do we use jackson as a starting PG? if so what about jennings?

do we use jackson as a starting PG? if so what about jennings?

IF they decide that Jackson is worth keeping he will be the starting PG. Jennings has one more year on his contract...I think making $8M next season. Ideally they would trade him but I'm not sure what you could get for him.

I think the Pistons trainers know a bit more about Jennings than we do. I fear he will never be the same after that injury. That one can end careers or cause players to not be the same again.

Back