Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

At Illinois

Watts looks like he can be great but as well as he played he’s not ready to handle pressure like what we had late in that game. Seems to be headed in the right direction though.

Mack missed it.

Must have given you so much pleasure to type that...

We are about to enter what is probably the toughest 6 game stretch of any B1G schedule this year. Nice to win finally but I don?t feel much more than relief - they looked as bad for 16 minutes of that 2nd half as they did in any loss this year, including Purdue.

We are about to enter what is probably the toughest 6 game stretch of any B1G schedule this year. Nice to win finally but I don?t feel much more than relief - they looked as bad for 16 minutes of that 2nd half as they did in any loss this year, including Purdue.

Huh ?
I wanted Nebraska to beat Maryland. Not sure what your getting at ?

It is a tough stretch, but the goal should be to win all the remaining home games, not blow it at Nebraska and steal one of the other road games. Probably best case scenario, but if that happens they'll be in good shape. At the very least winning the home games plus Nebraska puts them at 13-7 and a decent NCAA seed in thus year's Big Ten.

Last edited:
The name - I was being sarcastic.

Duh on me. Seriously .. i didn't even notice, and dont pay attention to names lol. I was flipping the sdsu game on after msu's game.
I'd like to see Maryland come back to the pack. Not that Michigan can catch them but my wife and father in-law are huge spartan fans.

Best part about last night was that the first half offense didn't run through Winston and flourished. Even when Watts wasn't going off the offense looked much better with ball movement and not having to rely on Winston for everything.

And, Watts is going to be a star. 2nd best thing was that he ran the point effectively in the second half for a decent stretch.

Happy to see Tillman finish like that for the win, he's had a rough couple weeks around the basket.

Best part about last night was that the first half offense didn't run through Winston and flourished. Even when Watts wasn't going off the offense looked much better with ball movement and not having to rely on Winston for everything.

And, Watts is going to be a star. 2nd best thing was that he ran the point effectively in the second half for a decent stretch.

Happy to see Tillman finish like that for the win, he's had a rough couple weeks around the basket.

Including last night - he hit 2 clutch baskets in close but missed a bunch of layups up to that point.

Izzo should have a complete practice dedicated to free throw shooting and Winston should make them all do an hour a day of extracurricular free throw practice. Izzo should also take Bingham?s 3 pointer privileges away.

Gabe Brown might have put up the shittiest 23 minute stat line over ever seen. 2pts 2 rebs 1 TO 3 fouls

I liked him much better last year when he was our bench hype man. So far hes a better Flava Flav than a Chuck D.

He was awful last night but I?m still holding out hope that he and Henry can be the like Shannon Brown and Maurice Ager - maybe not quite as good but with Watts being an uptick from Neitzle.

Not trying to excuse it - he was bad but I?m hoping a big part of that 2nd half meltdown (for everyone on the floor) was the pressure of having Winston and Tillman in foul trouble - and that Winston never gets in foul trouble again.

Last edited:
He was awful last night but I?m still holding out hope that he and Henry can be the like Shannon Brown and Maurice Ager - maybe not quite as good but with Watts being an uptick from Neitzle.

Not trying to excuse it - he was bad but I?m hoping a big part of that 2nd half meltdown (for everyone on the floor) was the pressure of having Winston and Tillman in foul trouble - and that Winston never gets in foul trouble again.

Is it me or has Winston picked up a lot of dumb fouls at times this year and unnecessarily put himself on the bench as a result? I know he did against VT anyways

Is it me or has Winston picked up a lot of dumb fouls at times this year and unnecessarily put himself on the bench as a result? I know he did against VT anyways

I recall him picking up some frustration fouls here and there but I don't remember him getting into much foul trouble - but I've missed at least 3 B1G games and more nonconference ones.

For me the concern has been season fatigue due to excess minutes. He's averaging 32 and has a lot of games in the high 30s. And I can see that average going up with the remaining schedule, then a possible deep run in the B1G tourney...

Back