Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

At UM

Why would any Spartan fan want Dantonio to leave?

Look at what happened to Michigan when Lloyd Carr retired/was forced out.

Dantonio is the best thing that happened to the Spartan?s since Duffy Dority.

It?s crazy.

Lloyd also never went .500 in a 4 year stretch. It?s unacceptable. And just because Bobby Williams and John L Smith we?re idiots doesn?t mean you don?t try to improve out of the fear of a bad hire.

Lloyd also never went .500 in a 4 year stretch. It?s unacceptable. And just because Bobby Williams and John L Smith we?re idiots doesn?t mean you don?t try to improve out of the fear of a bad hire.

Cool.

It?s your team?s coach.

I still have horror movie like bad dreams when I fall asleep and dream about Lloyd Carr?s replacement.

Why would any Spartan fan want Dantonio to leave?

Look at what happened to Michigan when Lloyd Carr retired/was forced out.

Dantonio is the best thing that happened to the Spartan?s since Duffy Dority.

It?s crazy.

look whats happening to MSU right now. did lloyd car have 3 shitty seasons and 1 lucky one for his last four?

Our program now looks a lot like Iowa under Frerentz. He made a splash early with a string of 10 plus win seasons. Then dropped off for few years, then had another nice couple year run. And now they are basically in a continuous cycle of a lot of 8-5, 7-6 seasons, with an occasional 10-11 season mixed in, and also an occasional losing season mixed in. If Dantonio continues to be around for awhile that's probably how things will be, which the way this year is going doesn't seem that bad. And maybe that's the ceiling.

I'm certainly no happier than anyone else with the past 4 years overall but the chances of someone else coming in and things being worse are every bit as good or better than them being better.

Although if he doesn't see at this point that some changes are necessary then maybe he shouldn't be the guy.

Okay.

There were two different quantifications that came into the discussion on different posts.

One was converting a first down on third and 21, the other, the probability that the over/under would be covered as over.

I was referring to the probability that the third and 21 would be converted. A look at the post that I quoted would verify that.

#Post 21.

As far as the over under, I would agree, at that point in the process, the probability was it was probably one only against a little bit more than one.

thats the one i was referring to as well - the 3rd and 21. I'm sober so I'm keeping up with the conversation.

Last edited:
I dont. I'm not gonna go nuts over one bad group of players.

its not just one bad group though. The 2016 team sucked when those kids were freshman, the 2017 team wasnt as good as their record and the 2108 and 2019 teams were/are atrocious - yes, the 2016 recruiting class is a factor in that but EVERY recruiting class on those teams have been a part of this - its not like we have a bunch of returning sophomore and juniors to be excited about or a coaching staff that has demonstrated any ability to get more out of them.

i expect to see Dantonio and the rest on the sidelines next year and the only thing that will shock me is if we actually improve meaningfully. i expect the line will be the biggest problem once again, maybe better but still bad at WR, worse at QB, cant have worse safeties and corners but i dont expect much improvement and I have zero confidence this staff will figure out ways to compensate for any of those weaknesses. Looking forward to the highlights once again being that we held a heisman candidate RB under 100 yards rushing in a game we lost by 20+ points. Moral victories!

If he doesnt do a real staff overhaul and we have another garbage season, then i'll be pounding the table about getting rid of him.

Last edited:
look whats happening to MSU right now. did lloyd car have 3 shitty seasons and 1 lucky one for his last four?

Exactly my thoughts. Fan interest is at the lowest I?ve ever seen. The recruiting sucks and is bottom of the Big Ten. The coaching sucks and their schtick is stale. The current players aren?t good. Tell any state fan after 2015 we?d be .500 the next 4 years with Dantonio still coaching and they?d call you an idiot and a liar. It?s gross

Congrats Wolverines. What can I say, Patterson played his best game today and you played a great game top to bottom. Peoples Jones is a Sunday player. We just held off the inevitable for 25 minutes. For me the highlight was Gus Johnson, Love his play by play. Congrats Michigan.

If they can fog up a mirror they?re more competent than the current zombie known as Mark Dantonio

We both know the offensive coordinators should have been gone. Is he getting too faithful like Izzo to senior players but too his staff? Restructuring is in order. That is given.

Congrats Wolverines. What can I say, Patterson played his best game today and you played a great game top to bottom. Peoples Jones is a Sunday player. We just held off the inevitable for 25 minutes. For me the highlight was Gus Johnson, Love his play by play. Congrats Michigan.

not to take anything away from uofm but every qb plays their best game against our defense. last week we made a uofm throwaway look like a heisman candidate.

So do we have a shot at Fickell? Is Dantonio going to leave or no?

when i asked him in October, it was about B1G teams in general - at that point we had only lost 1 game. i texted him and got basically the same thing back...

My first guess is no. If he didn?t have a big family with kids in high school maybe it would be different. I haven?t talked to him so I could be completely wrong.

he said he doesn't get to see or talk to him much in season - maybe Bill Beekman will get the answer before he does.

not to take anything away from uofm but every qb plays their best game against our defense. last week we made a uofm throwaway look like a heisman candidate.

Don?t worry we?ll get to hear about how the offense is clicking for the next two weeks. Nevermind that a middle school QB could carve up our fleabag defense

Exactly my thoughts. Fan interest is at the lowest I?ve ever seen. The recruiting sucks and is bottom of the Big Ten. The coaching sucks and their schtick is stale. The current players aren?t good. Tell any state fan after 2015 we?d be .500 the next 4 years with Dantonio still coaching and they?d call you an idiot and a liar. It?s gross

I used to think Harbaugh was going to make it tougher for us to compete in the B1G and maybe he has but that has almost nothing to do with what's happening with the program. The reason we're losing all these games is that we're putting an absolute garbage product on the field. the record of MSU teams harbaugh has beaten is a combined 14-20 (so far). These teams would lose to Hoke and Rich Rod uofm teams. If Dantonio knack is coaching up lesser talent, he's lost his touch.

I was a little disappointed when my nephew who was raised in East Lansing by 2 Spartan parents chose OSU over MSU (he's a freshman) but he is going to get a great education and have a lot more fun every fall than he would if he'd stayed closer to home. He assures me he's going to remain a big MSU hoops fan but he's all-in for the Buckeyes for football - and I dont blame him.

Last edited:
Back