Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bacari's "Roll Call"

thewolverines24

All of Bacari's player preview tweets today:

"Jordan Morgan's sleeker frame at 238ish lb frame will make him an option to guard on the perimeter better. Love his 15ft jumper too!"

"Jon Horford is as healthy as we've seen him thus far and it is showing on the glass. He's playing much bigger as an offensive threat. 250lbs"

"Nick Stauskas is flirting with 210 lbs and it's has complimented his ability to drive with contact. Refreshing!"

"Spike Albrecht's added strength has really helped his defense as well as his ability to handle our bigger guards on switches. #mightymouse"

"Max Bielfeldt is similar to Morgan with a much sleeker frame although his range to the 3pt line is dangerous. Underrated in the post."

"Caris Levert is not just up to 190 lbs, but his confidence and comfort in our system is scary... Epitome of versatility."

"Mitch McGary has been chomping at the bit to be full go, but what's more impressive is his body hasn't gotten out of total shape. #grinder"

"Glenn Robinson III has had a focus level like no other. Really please with his ball handling, but he's no Spike when it comes to that."

"Mark Donnal is the most improved player in a short amount of time. He like all of our bigs in year 1 come out the gate slow..Deadly shooter"

"Zak Irvin is such a high level defender for a freshman! People forget that he can also give you Buckets in bunches. #Mr.Basketball"

"Derrick Walton Jr is ooooohh weeee! Translation: Get to Crisler Center because he makes everyone around us better. #speeddeamon"

"Our coaching staff continues to explore ways to shape the most Versatile roster in the Beilein era thus far. All players can multi-Task."

I'd prefer to see a starting 5 of....

Horford
McGary
GR3
Irvin
Walton/Spike - whoever is better. At this point, I'd say Spike until Walton gets real PT.

Stauskas and Levert both subbing in for the 2-3 spots on the floor as frequently as possible.

Morgan and Donnal coming in for both big man spots.

I keep seeing the same projection as posted in another thread, but they've worked too much on GR3's ball handling for me to believe he'll still play the 4. Perhaps when they go to a small lineup, but I'd say against most of the good B1G teams, he'll play the 3.

100% with you on wanting Horford to start over Morgan. I think Walton is going to win the starting PG spot. From what I've seen, I think Spike is better served in a backup PG role. That doesn't mean I don't think Spike is a good player because I do.

I'm very interested in seeing how much Clarence Carter (Stauskas) and Levert improve.

He be strokin!
8365413284_7267a3ab86_o.gif

Last edited:
I expect a big leap from Lavert this year and I will always be a huge Nik fan. I have a lot of friends that are Sparty fans and they have for some reason convinced themselves that Nik isnt a very good player or is just a shooter. Nik may have the best all around game on the team.

From all the talk we've been hearing, it sounds as though we'll see the little experiments here and there to get this team ready for the tournament. I know that Belien will try to do what it takes win games and win the conference, but I also think he'll leave some stuff in the back pocket. If he can develop these youngsters through the season and have them ready for March, we are in some really good shape.

100% with you on wanting Horford to start over Morgan. I think Walton is going to win the starting PG spot. From what I've seen, I think Spike is better served in a backup PG role. That doesn't mean I don't think Spike is a good player because I do.

I'm very interested in seeing how much Clarence Carter (Stauskas) and Levert improve.

He be strokin!
8365413284_7267a3ab86_o.gif

Still got it as my sig.

Back