Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Batted ball on Cam's fumble

biggunsbob

Man does the NFL miss a lot of key plays. As Lion fans we know this real well.
Play should have been whistled dead. Miller illegally batted the ball toward the end zone.
It was missed by every ref.. Like they say if you don't get caught it isn't cheating..
LOL. Still Cam was a pussy for hold up on the fumble.. If a flag was called Carolina would have had the ball back..

Man does the NFL miss a lot of key plays. As Lion fans we know this real well.
Play should have been whistled dead. Miller illegally batted the ball toward the end zone.
It was missed by every ref.. Like they say if you don't get caught it isn't cheating..
LOL. Still Cam was a pussy for hold up on the fumble.. If a flag was called Carolina would have had the ball back..

Is there video proof? If they were on the ground fighting for the ball and it got away hard to prove it was intentionally batted.

Wait...I don't think that's cheating. Or illegal. On offense, you can not advance the ball on a fumble. I don't think there's any rule about the defense not being able to punch, kick, or push the ball forward on a fumble. It's pretty much a free ball at that point.

Yes I was watching The rewind of the super Bowl on NBCsports I think called Turning point They rehashed the super bowl and went over the play in depth.. Pretty Headed play by Miller and he probably did not do it intentionally I think but if it was seen by the refs it could have be vied as intentional. I will try and get the clip.

Wait...I don't think that's cheating. Or illegal. On offense, you can not advance the ball on a fumble. I don't think there's any rule about the defense not being able to punch, kick, or push the ball forward on a fumble. It's pretty much a free ball at that point.

They went over the play in depth and said if the refs had saw it and called it the ball would have gone back to Carolina. if you have Comcast the are showing the show again right now. This is what the shows says.. I have no idea if that is a NFL rule or not..

Last edited:
The Refs missed a offsides on the missed FG by Carolina. Wow that was a pretty blatant miss..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmFegiqVXKE

watch it all or go to 5:00 minute mark. they go over it clearly. A flag could have been called on Denver
if the refs saw it..

I don't know. I've never heard of that rule being enforced. The only time I've ever heard of a penalty on somebody like that is if they have possession and intentionally fumble it out of bounds or forward.

Even if it is a rule...it's kind of weak in this instance. To me, it looked like Von didn't quite know where the ball was. He wasn't even looking at it. It seemed like he just kind of reached back to to grab it, knowing it was loose, and unintentionally knocked it back. There's no way in Hell, in that situation, that somebody would intentionally risk losing an easy fumble recovery.

I think the player was trying to grab it with his left hand and threw it back, unintentional.

Btw, before the strip by Miller it looked like he was being held. Any event, Carolina could have got the ball back, with a free 50 yards and they weren't winning that game.

#KeepPouting!

And fwiw, everyone in the stadium thought Cam had batted the ball away (rather than secure it) which was only validated later by his behavior on the later fumble.

But man, oh, man ...the excuses and whining coming from panther fans on social media is really pathetic. Just accept losing the game and having had a great season and come back stronger next year.

#KeepPouting!

And fwiw, everyone in the stadium thought Cam had batted the ball away (rather than secure it) which was only validated later by his behavior on the later fumble.

But man, oh, man ...the excuses and whining coming from panther fans on social media is really pathetic. Just accept losing the game and having had a great season and come back stronger next year.

Lions fans...it's in their blood. After a loss they look for every excuse in the book. It usually starts with the refs!

Only in the last two minutes can a fumble not be advance forward.

The Broncos traditionally get spanked when they lose an SB so there's no reason to complain about the officiating.

Hey I am just relaying what they said on the broadcast. They were just point out the what could have been called.. Glad it got everyone riled up LOL Nothing can take away from the disaster that was that super bowl.. It set offensive football back 10 years LOL.

8 SB appearances ties record for most with PIT, DAL & NE

and DEN has won 3 of last 4 with the one loss the blowout to SEA, and including blowout over ATL and solid beat down of CAR last week

WorldChamps!

I lost a big bet btw on Denver's first SB appearance against Dallas.

I lost a big bet btw on Denver's first SB appearance against Dallas.

I remember it being a HUGE deal in Denver ....and that we all gathered around the COLOR TV to watch the game..

13" COLOR TV but it was color, damn it!

Back