Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ben Johnson coming back

biggunsbob

Per 97.1 via nfl sources .

Good news !.

I'm working sorry

Afraid of advancement or afraid of the Commanders job.

Edit: Heard his asking price was too high. Can't blame him those cities are expensive.

I honestly think this is best for all involved. He's not quite ready IMO. He's been our playcaller for <2 seasons. Looking forward to him for next season, but we really need to figure out the 3rd quarter next year.

I honestly think this is best for all involved. He's not quite ready IMO. He's been our playcaller for <2 seasons. Looking forward to him for next season, but we really need to figure out the 3rd quarter next year.

Absolutely, and that 3Q was huge Sunday as well a complete flop. I think it's a matter of not doing a good job anticipating half time changes the opponent will make then takes them a Q to adjust to whatever they are doing different.

I also think teams will be focused on trying to do a better job taking away the middle of the field on them next year and that they will need to work doing a better job going to the outside and beyond 20 yards in the air more often. I would also really love to see Ben work in a package that has both Monty and Gibbs on the field at the same time.

I agree we need to figure out halftime offenses and we could really start to blow teams out.

To be fair first drive out of half with the score 24-10 was a good drive until the last 4 plays. Dan passed on the field goal.

Second half verses the Rams stunk.

Second half verses Tampa Bay was decent

We scored 31 points in the nfc title game. Gotta win that game. Spend on the defense and please refine the offensive second halves Ben.

Huge having him back

Back to back top 5 Offenses.

Makes it work with Goff.

Goff might not be the long term answer but he is the short and medium term answer for 2024/2025 now and will get a contract probably with outs for the Lions in 2026, maybe 2025.

Good news with Goff is his cap hit is already 31. million. Even with an extension, it might lower that cap hit in 2024. Takes money out of 2025 and 2026 (dead money) but we have some stability at QB. Hooker the developmental and if a QB worth it falls to 29, worth a look. But CB or DE at 29 probably a bigger priority.

LKP...gotta offer my props for your steadfast faith in this organization, when my own was virtually tapped. Thanks for sticking to your point of view.

LKP...gotta offer my props for your steadfast faith in this organization, when my own was virtually tapped. Thanks for sticking to your point of view.

For 12 years - eventually it was going to happen.

Reactions: 503
I'm 49 and it hadn't happened lol

12 years since DSF, 12 and change. From his rediculous takes on games and the constant we'd win playoff games, 12 wins minimum crap every and each year it was going to happen eventually. No SB yet but that prediction will come soon enough.

Huge having him back

Back to back top 5 Offenses.

Makes it work with Goff.

Goff might not be the long term answer but he is the short and medium term answer for 2024/2025 now and will get a contract probably with outs for the Lions in 2026, maybe 2025.

Good news with Goff is his cap hit is already 31. million. Even with an extension, it might lower that cap hit in 2024. Takes money out of 2025 and 2026 (dead money) but we have some stability at QB. Hooker the developmental and if a QB worth it falls to 29, worth a look. But CB or DE at 29 probably a bigger priority.

I wouldnt rule out them taking a guy like Graham Martin from Duke or Jackson Powers-Johnson from Oregon. IOL that can play all 3 interior offensive line spots.

I wouldnt rule out them taking a guy like Graham Martin from Duke or Jackson Powers-Johnson from Oregon. IOL that can play all 3 interior offensive line spots.

29 also a good time to take a guard. We'll know more after FA on Glasgow and Jackson though. Glasgow said already he wants to be back and the Lions want him back and are talking to his agent.

Duke Guard already annoyed at the coming Laken Tomlinson comparisons (though he did well after he left Detroit)

Each regime of GMs/coaches is it's own thing

The mediocre/shit of the previous coaches, makes this that much better

Lions had talent, but didn't have the coaching or right fit for everything

Now they have the right fit for everything in coaching/front office/collaboration/owner support and even more talent than usual

And cheering harder is a strategy that worked. See Lions fans at road games and the loudness of Ford Field helping them win in the playoffs

Back