Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Best hot weather drink

Moscow Mules are a new'ish one ....
Leinenkugel Lemon Shandy last week Up North but it has to be HOT out ...
Vodka & San Peligrino Orange/Grapefruit -- they go down fast!

Mai Tais
Margs
G&T

Leinie's Summer Shandy is the best hot-weather beer. the yahoos down here at my local liquor store were impressed with my midwestern knowledge that they also have other flavors of summer shandy (but the others are terrible).

Gulo... one of the Chicago breweries had a hibiscus flavored summer beer... was pretty damn good ice cold.

of course this was about summer drink meaning adult beverage.

If someone comes up and says to me "I like to drink" I don't think he means water or lemonade

After yard work on a hot summer day, nothing beats a couple ice cold Bud heavies.

cocktail sessions, vodka and lemonade (has to be real lemonade)

On the golf course (or cocktail sessions), transfusions (vodka, ginger ale and grape juice).

Last edited:
After yard work on a hot summer day, nothing beats a couple ice cold Bud heavies.

On the golf course (or cocktail sessions), transfusions (vodka, ginger ale and grape juice).

I love beer as well, lots of micro brew stouts (love Bells Cherry since the day it came out). Favorite regular domestic is Bud heavy. Had one served today in a Ball Mason jar glass (quart sized) at a new bar and grill I found. I remember going to a Cardinals game when I was 15 and got served (helped being 6"4 at the time). Ohh gosh, right from the brewery next door. They were pretty cheap back then also served up in the wax like cups.

I love beer as well, lots of micro brew stouts (love Bells Cherry since the day it came out). Favorite regular domestic is Bud heavy. Had one served today in a Ball Mason jar glass (quart sized) at a new bar and grill I found. I remember going to a Cardinals game when I was 15 and got served (helped being 6"4 at the time). Ohh gosh, right from the brewery next door. They were pretty cheap back then also served up in the wax like cups.

Bud heavy is easily my favorite macro brew. If I'm just having a couple, I usually go for an IPA (lagunitas lil sumpin sumpin is a favorite or their regular IPA) - too heavy for a session. Guinness is another favorite that works for just a couple or a session - but as light as Guiness is, it's not really a refreshing drink so I rarely have them in the summer. I never got into beers with fruit.

Last edited:
Ice Tea first . The few beers we have had this summer have been mostly Samuel Adams or Corona. Been drinking a few iced coffees this summet too.

some golf buddies of mine make clam diggers. It's like a Bloody Mary but they use Clamato juice. They aren't too bad.

Bloodies are more of a fall/tailgate drink for me. I probably wouldn't think to order a bloody mary in the summer - unless I have a gnarley hangover, then the bloody is my go-to drink any time of year.

Last edited:

Fuck, I actually agree with you on the transfusions. The best on course and post round drink, some guys I play with get them Detroit style with vernors too.

Actually agree on the regular bud too.

I'm also a fan of homemade Shandy's, the leinies are good but it's better with a 12 ounce bud and homemade lemonade in a 16 ounce cup.

Did you guys just rediscover regular Bud because of the 'Murica packaging?

I did. 4th of July. Actually said to myself "I know this is foreign-owned now, but...dammit, I'm a sucker for marketing." But I agree, it's not bad in the heat.

I did. 4th of July. Actually said to myself "I know this is foreign-owned now, but...dammit, I'm a sucker for marketing." But I agree, it's not bad in the heat.
Loved budweiser for about 10 years, did a tour of the brewery in STL and had a few fresh, cold bud's that were brewed that day. I like some craft beers but I'm still loyal

for awhile in my 20s, Bud was just about the only thing I would drink - certainly the only beer I would buy for home or out at the bar. It's been my go-to macro brew for over 20 years. I don't have it at home very often anymore because the wife never drinks it and we don't drink at home that much. We have a tailgate themed party every fall ends up being a sort of fishes and loaves event - we stock the bar with about 4 different 12 packs, wine and liquor, everyone gets loaded and eats a bunch of tailgate food. I end up with a huge recycling can full of bottles and somehow there is at least 4 or 5 cases of beer - usually enough to get us through until summer.

Last edited:
Back