Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bless You Boys

twentythree

A long time ago, maybe late 80's, I had a book called "Bless You Boys," by Sprarky Anderson. It was his journal, there was one entry for each of the games the Tigers played in 84. Of course, the "bless you boys" phrase came to be a catchphrase for that summer. I was a kid in 1984, so "Bless You Boys" helped me understand the importance and the magic of that year. I remember one quote from Sparky. I will try to quote this as well as possible

"When I call the bullpen, I get the best reliever the league. When the other guys call the bullpen, they get the wrong number."

Sparky could say it. If only we could say this about the 2013 Tigers. Their calls to the bullpen have sometimes been the wrong number.

Back