Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Buck Farmer starting Wed..

I scratch my head over some of their rankings - some of their non-prospect classifications. Ranking him 40th is mind-boggling to me. For example: All year-long, they would never label Josh Turley a prospect.

I enjoy reading their new Top-10 list every year. I just don't regard their list as solid as some of their competitors scouting reports.

I scratch my head over some of their rankings - some of their non-prospect classifications. Ranking him 40th is mind-boggling to me. For example: All year-long, they would never label Josh Turley a prospect.

I enjoy reading their new Top-10 list every year. I just don't regard their list as solid as some of their competitors scouting reports.

I stopped my subscription with them and BA. So much out here for free. Plus it seemed not as much as before with the guys there spreading their time and info among several different sites. The quality seemed to drop. One guy that is really good is Neil Weinberg. He is with them, his own Tigers blog, and does baseball saber articles for fangraphs SBNation etc.

Last edited:
Agree!
For $49, you can subscribe to the Tigers Mud Hens, Seawolves and Whitecaps TV games over at MiLB.com/TV (internet stream).
It's where I watched Farmer 3-4 times this season. A blind guy could see he needs to be rated higher than Daniel Fields....lol

Last edited:
I love Farmer's ratios. The kid can obviously miss some bats while still commanding the baseball. Why haven't we heard more about him? He's a college seasoned player who has been dominant on two levels of MiLB and is 23 years old. He should be rated higher than Robbie Ray, to be honest. That level of command and dominance at any level should earn him that.

Dan Elve who helps out with the radio team in west Michigan said the kid is a real good prospect but he may be in over his head Wednesday..

On the huge show he went on and one about our farm system.. Said the kid TB got in the price deal is going to be a major league player..( the shortstop) for got the kids name...

Said all of this stared way back in the Fister deal...

Last edited:
Hope not.... Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tigers win as Bob will be out shooting the rifles tonight with his son and daughter.

Farmer's second inning in the book.
PITCHERS IP H R ER BB SO ERA

B. Farmer 2.0 0 0 0 1 3 0.00
Get on the phone DD we need a hitter.

Farmer's 3rd inning in the book.
PITCHERS IP H R ER BB SO ERA

B. Farmer 3.0 2 1 1 1 4 3.00
Too late DD.

Back