Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bush scheduling a meeting with Detroit

alanclark

Dolphins free-agent running back Reggie Bush is scheduling a visit with the Detroit Lions. Cardinals, Bengals also interested.

RB Reggie Bush is expected to visit Detroit, and the Lions want to sign him before he leaves, per multiple sources.

Speaking of bush and landing strip, nfl network reporting bush is landing in Detroit at this moment and would be surprised if be leaves without a contract based on rumors.

Reggie Bush - RB - Dolphins Free agent Reggie Bush has visits scheduled with the Cardinals and Bengals if the Lions let him get out of town.
If the Lions really, really want Bush, he won't have a chance to make those visits and they'll lock him up at their club facility. Bush is currently in Detroit. His new contract is expected to average roughly $5 million per season. Related: Lions, Cardinals, Bengals
Source: Jason Cole on Twitter Mar 12 - 10:07 PM

"Sources: Starting role offer gives Lions inside track on signing Reggie Bush"

"The Lions have promised Bush a chance to be a full-time player, starting over Mikel Leshoure. Put Bush in a backfield with Calvin Johnson and Nate Burleson outside, Brandon Pettigrew at tight end and Matt Stafford at quarterback and the Lions could quickly return to the offensive exploits they posted in 2011."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--s...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Can teams go over their cap if they get back under at a later time or do they need to stay under now?

"Sources: Starting role offer gives Lions inside track on signing Reggie Bush"

"The Lions have promised Bush a chance to be a full-time player, starting over Mikel Leshoure. Put Bush in a backfield with Calvin Johnson and Nate Burleson outside, Brandon Pettigrew at tight end and Matt Stafford at quarterback and the Lions could quickly return to the offensive exploits they posted in 2011."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--s...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Bush, if healthy, IMO will catch 60 balls with Detroit.

Maybe them signing bush is a bigger part of gaining some kind of leverage in contract talks. They have him thinking that their commitment to getting missing pieces around him is gonna encourage that restructure. Maybe?

Can teams go over their cap if they get back under at a later time or do they need to stay under now?

Funny, i was just having this discussion at work tonight. I think you can go over the cap but you have to get under by a certain date. Not a 100% on that one, but was wondering the same thing.

I'm hoping for Bush and Quin as our two signings if so. Just gotta wait on Staff and maybe Suh for restructuring.

Last edited:
Funny, im was just having this discussion at work tonight. I think you can go over the cap but you have to get under by a certain date. Not a 100% on that one, but was wondering the same thing.

I'm hoping for Bush and Quinn as our two signings if so. Just gotta wait on Staff and maybe Suh for restructuring.

I ran across this: The NFL's cap is a hard cap that the teams have to stay under at all times, and the salary floor is also a hard floor; penalties for violating or circumventing the cap and floor regulations include fines of up to $5 million for each violation, cancellation of contracts and/or loss of draft picks.

I ran across this: The NFL's cap is a hard cap that the teams have to stay under at all times, and the salary floor is also a hard floor; penalties for violating or circumventing the cap and floor regulations include fines of up to $5 million for each violation, cancellation of contracts and/or loss of draft picks.

Management needs to get to work. Make some cuts, drop that dead weight and free up some fn coin.

Stafford, Suh?? Where the fuck are these guys?

Agreed, he could be dynamic in this offense, and really open things up for Calvin.

I don't think it will open up anything for calvin. But bush can be a guy to take advantage of catching the ball with no one within 10 yards of him. Weve missed that the last couple years. Much better dump down option than Petti"sometimescatchthenimmediatelyfall"grew

good news if we get him....hes dynamic and will get his touches in the run and pass game. bad news if we get him....we will probably pay him 5 mil or more and pooooooof!!!....there goes the value of yet another 2nd rd pick down the drain :D yes....I have to put a negative spin on everything lol.

Reggie Bush - RB - Dolphins Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports the Lions are offering free agent Reggie Bush an opportunity to be their "full-time" running back, starting over Mikel Leshoure.
The proposal makes Detroit all the more enticing for Bush, who still views himself as a starting running back. Bush was an every-down back in Miami the last two seasons, rushing 443 times for 2,072 yards (4.68 YPC) and 12 touchdowns. He was underutilized in the Dolphins' passing game, but that wouldn't be a problem on the historically pass-happy Lions. Bush's addition would obviously be bad news for Leshoure and Joique Bell's 2013 fantasy football outlooks. Related: Lions
Source: Yahoo Sports Mar 13 - 2:54 AM

good news if we get him....hes dynamic and will get his touches in the run and pass game. bad news if we get him....we will probably pay him 5 mil or more and pooooooof!!!....there goes the value of yet another 2nd rd pick down the drain :D yes....I have to put a negative spin on everything lol.

Reggie Bush - RB - Dolphins Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports the Lions are offering free agent Reggie Bush an opportunity to be their "full-time" running back, starting over Mikel Leshoure.
The proposal makes Detroit all the more enticing for Bush, who still views himself as a starting running back. Bush was an every-down back in Miami the last two seasons, rushing 443 times for 2,072 yards (4.68 YPC) and 12 touchdowns. He was underutilized in the Dolphins' passing game, but that wouldn't be a problem on the historically pass-happy Lions. Bush's addition would obviously be bad news for Leshoure and Joique Bell's 2013 fantasy football outlooks. Related: Lions
Source: Yahoo Sports Mar 13 - 2:54 AM

You can't help yourself, man...lol ;)

I see it as, if Bush signs, he becomes the starter and Leshoure goes back to being that pounder that he originally was brought in here to be for Best. He was also insurance. He would spell Bush from time to time (it is a 2-back NFL now) and get the majority of the goaline touches. Therefore, he has GREAT value to Bush and to the team. Keeps everyone fresh. Then you can throw in Bell and SHAZAM...a 3-back system :vO lol.

Sorry, i had to ;)

Back