Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

C.J Mosely

He was good in run defense last year. Actually much better than Sammie Lee Hill. He doesn't provide much pass rush but that is what Suh and Fairley are for.

He is the one who damn near killed Staff in the Browns game.

He was good in a 3-4 but think he will be better in a 4-3. Eats up blockers really well. This is a good pick up. We still have trash on the ends. just saying

Switch to the 3-4, put Suh and Fairley on the ends and get some good OLB. That's what I'd do.

Switch to the 3-4, put Suh and Fairley on the ends and get some good OLB. That's what I'd do.

I thought about that more. You need real studs at linebacker to play a 3-4, we'd need a good OLB and a big ILB minimum. You'd need big LBs in the interior that can hold gaps uncovered by Dlineman. I don't think Tully can do that and in general our LB core isn't exactly our strength. I get the appeal though Suh and Fairley at the ends. No reason Gunther can't create a sub package like that. When asked about a sub package however, he said I'll take a meatball on whole wheat.

Last edited:
I thought about that more. You need real studs at linebacker to play a 3-4, we'd need a good OLB and a big ILB minimum. You'd need big LBs in the interior that can hold gaps uncovered by Dlineman. I don't think Tully can do that and in general our LB core isn't exactly our strength. I get the appeal though Suh and Fairley at the ends. No reason Gunther can't create a sub package like that. When asked about a sub package however, he said I'll take a meatball on whole wheat.

I like it. No reason he couldn't switch up the look every once in a while, especially if a team is running on us. With the personel we have right now, going with Suh, Mosely and Fairley....then Palmer as the coverage LB, Tulloch and Levy in the middle and I would imagine Ronell Lewis would be the rush LB.

Though we would need to upgrade the Rush LB spot and have another stud MLB to make a fulll time switch.....that would be a solid look to give an offense that wouldn't be expecting it AT ALL.

Why the hell do you guys bring up switching to the 3-4 every damn year when we all know it will never happen. The Lions do not have the players for it and our coach will NEVER run it.

Why the hell do you guys bring up switching to the 3-4 every damn year when we all know it will never happen. The Lions do not have the players for it and our coach will NEVER run it.

Because it's a message board and throwing out opinions is what it's for.

Why the hell do you care so much about other peoples opinions?

The thing about mixing up sub-packes is you have to have players SMART enough, not talented enough, to learn multiple formations and keep their assignments straight.

I don't know if you've ever seen an interview with Fairley or Mosley... but your plan just went up in flames. Suh is probably smart enough... our other DTs are complete dough hunks.

The thing about mixing up sub-packes is you have to have players SMART enough, not talented enough, to learn multiple formations and keep their assignments straight.

I don't know if you've ever seen an interview with Fairley or Mosley... but your plan just went up in flames. Suh is probably smart enough... our other DTs are complete dough hunks.

lol. True.

I think Suh could play a 3-4, but Fairley's a terrible fit. Suh also is a much better fit for 4-3, I just think he can do both. Both are pass rushers first and foremost, and in a 3-4 the DE's job is to take up blockers. Theres obviously different ways to play DE in a 3-4 (like Houston did with Watt), but typically they take doubled teams to free up other guys (think Justin and Aldon Smith). Putting our two best defensive players in a 3-4 and having them eat of blockers is a terrible fit, IMO,

dewd....3-4 is awesome!

fairley mosely suh

willie young ashlee palmer steven tulloch tahir whitehead

pssssh.....offenses wont know what hit them!

Back