Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Caldwell on fixing Stafford's accuracy

According to Stafford, he has nothing to work on... good luck with that Caldwell, fine mess the Lions have put you in, you just don't see it yet. You will around the 8th game.

Linehan does nothing you get mad. Caldwell tells you how he will fix it, you shurg it off like it's nothing.

I just can't believe you call yourself Lions fans. It boggles my mind. Why waste your time if that is your thought process.

While I'm skeptical Stafford's issue can be fixed at this point, it is nice to hear Caldwell say there needs to be improvement as opposed to coddling him like Linehan/Schwartz.

The reason he said that is Stafford has already said he does not need any help.. He is the team QB and leader and needs to look in the mirror...His mistakes cost the Lions the Playoffs no matter how you try and spin his stats.. If he grows up and takes the instruction we my have hope as Lions fans.. I hope he does... Nothing wrong with Lions fans hoping that happens..

Linehan does nothing you get mad. Caldwell tells you how he will fix it, you shurg it off like it's nothing.

I just can't believe you call yourself Lions fans. It boggles my mind. Why waste your time if that is your thought process.

I am only going by what the man said on Fox one. I am not a fair weather fan, just one sick and tired of putting out crap, year in and year out. I used to buy season tickets, no more until they prove to me they are committed to win and not satisfied with mediocre product. I love football and can not bring myself from trying to change what team I root for. I will still watch every game and call it as I see it. I am not going to be subjected to homerism anymore.

Feel free to tell my how to be a "real fan" of this pathetic organization. Hopefully and respectfully, not like your unrealistic evaluation of what this team is and has been.

Last edited:

You are the minority, lions can do no wrong in your eyes.

Fans have every right to be skeptical and critical when it has been the same product for 50 years.

You skewed what he said. He said working with a non coach QB guru wasn't his style back in December or January. Stafford wants to get better and you are an idiot if you think he doesn't and won't work hard under all these QB coaches.

You are the minority, lions can do no wrong in your eyes.

Fans have every right to be skeptical and critical when it has been the same product for 50 years.

2014 has nothing to do without alot of that product. 2014 has a very talented roster with good coaches to be excited about.

Redemption at GB, at Minnesota at Arizona, Tampa, Giants. So can't wait.

I truly understand both sides.....My point is give him a field of receivers. Last year he had a number 1 wr and the rest are 4 and 5's. When someone has no one to throw too on passing downs what do you do. Dump off or throw it away. Well he tried to make things happen when there wasnt a play and you cant dump off or throw away on every passing play. Dont get me wrong, he did throw some horrible passes that ultimately cost the games at times but i think if it wasnt a struggle every passing down he would have performed a lot better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just a few weeks ago, the company line was "Stafford doesn't need fixing".

Now it's "I think I can fix him".

One of these sentiments cannot be true. Obviously the number show he needs to improve his accuracy, and it's no secret to anyone Caldwell/Lombardi were talking out the sides of their necks when they said he didn't need fixing.

So, let's get down to brass tax on this one, and see what a couple of guys known for being excellent QB coaches can do.

Stafford has the arm. He's got the cannon. He's got the heart. He's got the head. He's developed more touch. Let's see if he can get them all working at once.

This just in....caldwell wants to end world hunger

Not even going to give Caldwell a chance. Typical hughes. Peyton and Brees had to improve every year too. Espedcially early in Peyton's career under Caldwell.

Just a few weeks ago, the company line was "Stafford doesn't need fixing".

Now it's "I think I can fix him".

One of these sentiments cannot be true. Obviously the number show he needs to improve his accuracy, and it's no secret to anyone Caldwell/Lombardi were talking out the sides of their necks when they said he didn't need fixing.

So, let's get down to brass tax on this one, and see what a couple of guys known for being excellent QB coaches can do.

Stafford has the arm. He's got the cannon. He's got the heart. He's got the head. He's developed more touch. Let's see if he can get them all working at once.

He has a cannon and he appears to have heart. I don't know if he has the arm due to his lack of accuracy and I don't know if he has the head due to his poor decision making.

He has a cannon and he appears to have heart. I don't know if he has the arm due to his lack of accuracy and I don't know if he has the head due to his poor decision making.

And I think he lost his touch. WR 30 yards or 10 yards, covered or not he smokes it in.

Not even going to give Caldwell a chance. Typical hughes. Peyton and Brees had to improve every year too. Espedcially early in Peyton's career under Caldwell.

Caldwell does have his chance. if he suceeds ill give him credit. If he fails...ill laugh at you for missing on yet another of your failed mystical fantasyland predictions.

How hilarious would it be if staff drops back for his first pass of 2014....guns it to tate on a quick slant. Pick 6!

Caldwell does have his chance. if he suceeds ill give him credit. If he fails...ill laugh at you for missing on yet another of your failed mystical fantasyland predictions.

How hilarious would it be if staff drops back for his first pass of 2014....guns it to tate on a quick slant. Pick 6!

My predictions aren't fantasy land. This team is talented but turnovers killed them. It can be fixed. Just one of either turnovers allowed or turnovers forced reduced or raised by 10. Getting both is just icing on the cake. Stafford has proven he can score points with terrible field position all year long. Give Stafford 34 turnovers, 41 TDs.

My predictions aren't fantasy land. This team is talented but turnovers killed them. It can be fixed. Just one of either turnovers allowed or turnovers forced reduced or raised by 10. Getting both is just icing on the cake. Stafford has proven he can score points with terrible field position all year long. Give Stafford 34 turnovers, 41 TDs.

eerily familiar to what you said last year. Again, you can live in fantasy land all you want. the rest of use will watch the reality. We turn the ball over too much cuase they aren't as talented as you think they are. You don't just get more turnovers.....you force them....and we don't have enough playmakers on the defensive side of the ball to do that.

eerily familiar to what you said last year. Again, you can live in fantasy land all you want. the rest of use will watch the reality. We turn the ball over too much cuase they aren't as talented as you think they are. You don't just get more turnovers.....you force them....and we don't have enough playmakers on the defensive side of the ball to do that.

Not saying we have to do both. Just not have 34 allowed. I'll take 22 again if we have say only 25 allowed this time around. With the way Detroit moves the ball, that is enough (-3 turnover differential). -17 and -12 are killers.

And I was wrong in Linehan's mentality. He can game plan but his favoritism to Downing is bad. Even good QBs you have to improve. Now we have Caldwell, Lombardi and company. They will make the little tweaks needed.

Last edited:
Back