Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cheerio, Lizzie, Old Girl

I just announced that on the thread about the sports reporter from New York who isn't dead. I guess I should have checked for this first.

Last edited:
I just announced that on the thread about the sports reporter from New York who isn't dead. I guess I should have checked for this first.

As an Irish American, I assume you're pretty happy she's dead and all, given the suffering the British monarchy has caused your people for hundreds of years.

It?s okay.

The old girl deserves her own thread.

If this rando gets a thread for NOT being dead, the old gal at least merits a thread for this occasion.

As an Irish American, I assume you're pretty happy she's dead and all, given the suffering the British monarchy has caused your people for hundreds of years.

I?m at least 5th generation American and have no relatives from Northern Ireland. I don?t hold her any more responsible for oppressing my ancestors than I feel responsible for slavery here in America. While I think the whole royal family thing is ridiculous and a waste of British taxpayers time and money, I don?t wish death on anyone - not even her dumbass social justice warrior loser grandson and his second rate celebrity wife. The royals are the British people?s problem, not anything I?m too concerned about.

Last edited:
I?m at least 5th generation American and have no relatives from Northern Ireland. I don?t hold her any more responsible for oppressing my ancestors than I feel responsible for slavery here in America. While I think the whole royal family thing is ridiculous and a waste of British taxpayers time and money, I don?t wish death on anyone - not even her dumbass social justice warrior loser grandson and his second rate celebrity wife. The royals are the British people?s problem, not anything I?m too concerned about.

Wow.

I?m a little surprised at the shade being thrown - not by many, but a few - at the old girl, under the circumstances.

The thing is, seems all the shade throwers keep referring to shit that happened 150 to 200 years ago.

Your Sparty gal pal Jemele Hill predictively has offered up some nuggets of wisdom.

At around the same time Elizabeth became the de facto Princess of Wales, both of my parents were serving over there in the employ of the United States Armed Services, alternatively in both theaters. My mother was in the US Civil Services and my father was enlisted and later in the civil service. They met in Okinawa working for Army Intelligence, spying on Tokyo Rose.

I will remember Elizabeth, historically, as the young woman - more a little girl, really - thrust onto the center stage of a tumultuous world, a circumstance she neither sought nor expected, who would become one of the symbols of resolve and resilience in the allied rescue of humankind from Hitler and Nazism.

Jemele Hill said all that?

No I said it.

What Jemele said wasn?t very nice.

And she didn?t say anything anybody doesn?t already know, yeah, the history of the British Monarchy isn?t all sugar and spice and everything nice.

Fine.

I said how I?ll remember Elizabeth.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I?m surprised Jemele hasn?t started to troll the Michigan board.

She hates us.

Wow.

I?m a little surprised at the shade being thrown - not by many, but a few - at the old girl, under the circumstances.

The thing is, seems all the shade throwers keep referring to shit that happened 150 to 200 years ago.

Your Sparty gal pal Jemele Hill predictively has offered up some nuggets of wisdom.

At around the same time Elizabeth became the de facto Princess of Wales, both of my parents were serving over there in the employ of the United States Armed Services, alternatively in both theaters. My mother was in the US Civil Services and my father was enlisted and later in the civil service. They met in Okinawa working for Army Intelligence, spying on Tokyo Rose.

I will remember Elizabeth, historically, as the young woman - more a little girl, really - thrust onto the center stage of a tumultuous world, a circumstance she neither sought nor expected, who would become one of the symbols of resolve and resilience in the allied rescue of humankind from Hitler and Nazism.

Can?t stand Jamele Hill - and I think she is full of shit. She was born in 1975. If her parents were adults during WWII, they would have been at least 50 when she was born and more likely 60+.

Can?t stand Jamele Hill - and I think she is full of shit. She was born in 1975. If her parents were adults during WWII, they would have been at least 50 when she was born and more likely 60+.

Jemele has become a character of herself. She used to annoy me, anymore I can?t help but be a little amused. I looked it up - because that?s just what I do. Her dad was born within a couple years after WWII ended, and her mother about ten years later.

So her dad was around 30 when Jemele was born, and her mother around 20.

Jemele has become a character of herself. She used to annoy me, anymore I can?t help but be a little amused. I looked it up - because that?s just what I do. Her dad was born within a couple years after WWII ended, and her mother about ten years later.

So her dad was around 30 when Jemele was born, and her mother around 20.

and roughly -5 and -15 when she claimed they were in the Civil Service during WWII...

Last edited:
Wow.

someone sent me this from twitter, thought it was pretty funny...

https://twitter.com/sophielouisecc/...ng-mourning-of-queen-you-mourned-george-floyd

Damn.

Seems our dear departed old girl Liz was literally war hero mechanic, and drove herself about frequently.

She probably knows more about screws and nuts than her doofus son and her two doofus grandsons.

Apparently, the British monarch is allowed to drive without a license. How about that?

i-thought-everyone-knew-that-thought.gif

Edit: except the bit about driving without a license - that was news to me.

Last edited:

Nice.

I loved both those old girls.

Maybe they?re having a tea together somewhere, who knows?

Or maybe a cocktail, both famously liked their white liquor.

Queen Liz was a gin gal, Betty was more vodka.

Is there a reason to drink alcohol in Heaven?

I guess we?ll all find one day.

Nice.

I loved both those old girls.

Maybe they?re having a tea together somewhere, who knows?

Or maybe a cocktail, both famously liked their white liquor.

Queen Liz was a gin gal, Betty was more vodka.

Is there a reason to drink alcohol in Heaven?

I guess we?ll all find one day.

in case you missed my edit, that meme only applied to the bit about the Queen being a mechanic in WWII - I don't recall ever hearing the old bird could drive without a license.

I switched from gin and tonic to vodka and tonic to then vodka & soda long ago. Can't remember the last time I drank gin. I kind of associate gin with older people and/or snobby people. My grandparents, who were definitely not snobs, drank their fair share and then some of gin - paternal grandpa was a G & T guy while my maternal grandfather was more of a martini guy.

Last edited:
My view of the Royal Family and England in general isn't so favorable. Once you delve past the veneer of the tabloids and the MSM, the solid wood underneath is not so well-preserved.

My view of the Royal Family and England in general isn't so favorable. Once you delve past the veneer of the tabloids and the MSM, the solid wood underneath is not so well-preserved.

I get it.

But I view Liz as having been a WW II hero, right along with both my darling departed parents and numerous of their siblings/cousins.

Her progeny?

Meh.

I leave that up to the a brits to decide.

Not my business.

I do like to think of my two darling departed parents having a gin drink with fellow war hero, the departed Queen of England, somewhere in the great beyond.

Back