Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Chris Greenwood CB

It's still a luxury pick.

If he pans out that's awesome, and it would be a great story. Like the measureables - especially for his size.

If he has ball skills and can stay with guys at this level of competition, then awesome job. But there's no way to really predict how he'll do. The only thing close to this level he's ever seen is his pro day in Ann Arbor... There's basically no sample size to go on.

It's still a luxury pick.

If he pans out that's awesome, and it would be a great story. Like the measureables - especially for his size.

If he has ball skills and can stay with guys at this level of competition, then awesome job. But there's no way to really predict how he'll do. The only thing close to this level he's ever seen is his pro day in Ann Arbor... There's basically no sample size to go on.

How is a CB a luxury pick? That was our weakest point and top 5-mid 5 was where he was suppose to be so how is it a luxury?

Just I mean compared to the success rate of CB's taken post like round 2 or 3 vs where he was taken, and where he played.

Luxury pick probably the wrong verbage. I'm saying it as in to infer that he liklihood of a CB drafted out of Albion is the 5th round - who wasn't at the combine, and really has no scouting profile to speak of outside of a few local writers, and the people who saw him at the Michigan Pro Day- is not real good. So they take him cuz he has impressive numbers, and size, and the scout in the organization who spotted him liked him a lot... so you draft the kid and hope he's the diamond in the rough that all of us here hope he is.

That's all I mean.

Last edited:
Luxury pick probably the wrong verbage. I'm saying it as in to infer that he liklihood of a CB drafted out of Albion is the 5th round - who wasn't at the combine, and really has no scouting profile to speak of outside of a few local writers, and the people who saw him at the Michigan Pro Day- is not real good. So they take him cuz he has impressive numbers, and size, and the scout in the organization who spotted him liked him a lot... so you draft the kid and hope he's the diamond in the rough that all of us here hope he is.

That's all I mean.

These are the type of guys that generally go in those rounds. Our staff has hit on at least one of those. SLH turned out pretty good.

Anyone you draft its based on potential. I will agree that the boom/bust factor on him is bigger than on most picks because of where he played college ball. But If you just looked at his height and his other measurables and not where he went to college you would be happier with the pick. He will need time to develop and to get used to the speed of the game and the massive upgrade in competition. Seeing it was in the 5th rd to me its worth the risk because he is a low cost pick.

I understand round 1 or 2 CB thing And its right, very little success later in rounds. But i'm happy he had the height and speed and vertical etc rather than a short guy who is tough.

Schwartz was talking about the 5 through 7 round talent as all being pretty similar. This guy is above and beyond in measurables so hopefully they can coach him up.

"We had him in for the private workout, and he was just phenomenal," general manager Martin Mayhew said. "Great guy. Transferred to a couple schools. But just really, really physically gifted.

"He's one of those guys that we all go through this process and we have several guys in the draft who we like. Everybody liked Chris Greenwood as a Lion. The guy just has a rare skill set."

Germain Crowell had very similar measurables to Randy Moss

Okay so all tall people with burning speed don't turn out to be Randy Moss. Lol. Not sure I get that..

He has measurable, its a start. Plus, he was a good cover corner at Albion so it wasn't just about height and speed.

That's all I mean.

Good save, bro.... ;)

Last edited:
its true i think greenwood was his conferences defensive player of the year..lol which isn't saying much..but at least he did also PLAY very well there.

That must be some joke I'm not getting.

Well if you have to explain it, it's not funny...BUT he's basically saying if you want an obscure jersey that no one will have and only hard cores will even understand get and IAF jersey. That and the IAF pick (a former college volleyball player) was supposed to be based on measurables.

Back